Scammed Thai man finds help from philanthropic Danish investor

snoop1130

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Good dead of the day, I hope Ched has learnt a valuable lesson, keep your heart and wallet separate.

I think you mean ... Good deed of the day :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

Never met a bad Dane.Or Scandinavian come to think of it.

Great story.

Not traveled much in your life then. :coffee1:

But the story is great.

Edited by rocketboy2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

20K makes you a philanthropist? I have helped several others that much that deserved a helping hand! I have been blessed so I can "pay it forward". Guess that makes me a philanthropist too! 😁

• Sad 3

Hmm a invester more like a Danish biker.. In Pattaya. 

Haven't seen many Thai men help the scammed Farang when the girl they are seeing does a runner with their cash. 

• Sad 3

21 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Hmm a invester more like a Danish biker.. In Pattaya. 

Haven't seen many Thai men help the scammed Farang when the girl they are seeing does a runner with their cash. 

10K is chump change for most 'scammed' Farangs..

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, mstevens said:

Looks awfully like an Outlaws vest he's wearing, Barry. And if he is a member of the Outlaws gang, those guys are seriously bad news.

Stories like this one are literally a dime a dozen. Women "romance scam" men just as often as men "romance scam" women it seems.

Nice that someone helped out but the problem is - tomorrow there's likely to be a hundred more hands stretched out looking for free money.

As for the "investor".

Not an Outlaws patch.
Their patch has a "rounded skull" with red eyes and an (engine) piston pointed out each side.

Not a Rebels or HA or Bandidos or Mongols patch either. Or an Immortals or Necromancer patch.

Lol - I just did a Google search for "Pattaya Motorcycle Club patches" and a photo of my bike (and MC banner) shows up - from a 6 year old article about the Hells Angels.
(I'm NOT a member or affiliate of that MC !)

Could be a member of a 100 different clubs just in Pattaya. No (visible) "1%" patch on the front.

A LOT of motorcycle riders here have tats galore and aren't in "outlaw" MCs. 2 friends of mine (both rather big boys that ride rather large bikes) have lots of (visible) tats. One's an Aussie and one's a Swede. Neither is in a "1%" club.

And keep in mind - in Thailand - Thais (a very large number of them actually) think that the "1%" patch just means their club is in the "Top 1%" of all clubs in Thailand.

I had 5 friends all patch into the Bandidos some years ago. I tried to explain to them what the "1%" patch really meant but they didn't want to believe it.

(Just had lunch with one of them a couple days ago. He knows - now - what the 1% patch means - especially to foreign members of the MC but says he himself is not "mafia".)