Three scenarios /options

Here's my story sad but true about a girl I once knew       Anyway    I am on a year retirement visa expires  9/19  .

I was going to do  a border bounce to Laos  as you experienced lads call it       

exit Thailand prior to expiry of your current permission of stay WITHOUT a reentry permit. 

then reenter Thailand and are given a 30 day visa exempt entry stamp.

You then go to your immigration office and apply for a Non O based on retirement. 

Requires 800k in bank.  - Credit to Dr Jack  

Now I am considering returning to the US for 2 months   exiting Thailand around 9/15   returning after Thanksgiving     What would I need to do that and get another one year retirement visa?  Reentry permit?   

Or just do the border bounce before 9/15 follow steps in first scenario even if I decide to go to US. 

I am guessing I need 2 months of bank statements showing 800k in bank correct ,proof of address ,passport and do I need the bank book?  IO  would be Phitsanulok .

Constructive responses are appreciated    negative ,smarmy ,arrogant ,pompous responses will not be appreciated but read anyway. TIA !

30 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I am on a year retirement visa expires  9/19  .

Not exactly clear of your situation visa wise.

Do you have a 12 month extension from a non O based on retirement OR

do you have a multiple entry non O visa that is valid for one year.

Assume the former.

Did you maintain the financial requirements or was the extension obtained via agent? 

36 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Here's my story sad but true about a girl I once knew       Anyway    I am on a year retirement visa expires  9/19  .

I was going to do  a border bounce to Laos  as you experienced lads call it       

exit Thailand prior to expiry of your current permission of stay WITHOUT a reentry permit. 

then reenter Thailand and are given a 30 day visa exempt entry stamp.

You then go to your immigration office and apply for a Non O based on retirement. 

Requires 800k in bank.  - Credit to Dr Jack  

Now I am considering returning to the US for 2 months   exiting Thailand around 9/15   returning after Thanksgiving     What would I need to do that and get another one year retirement visa?  Reentry permit?   

Or just do the border bounce before 9/15 follow steps in first scenario even if I decide to go to US. 

I am guessing I need 2 months of bank statements showing 800k in bank correct ,proof of address ,passport and do I need the bank book?  IO  would be Phitsanulok .

Constructive responses are appreciated    negative ,smarmy ,arrogant ,pompous responses will not be appreciated but read anyway. TIA !

I assume you have reasons why you can't just do a simple extension so here goes. You are wasting your time and money even thinking about all this nonsense. Just go to an agency and get it all sorted with no hassles. About the girl, well.....................................

Edited by wmlc
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not exactly clear of your situation visa wise.

Do you have a 12 month extension from a non O based on retirement OR

do you have a multiple entry non O visa that is valid for one year.

Assume the former.

Did you maintain the financial requirements or was the extension obtained via agent? 

Did you maintain the financial requirements or was the extension obtained via agent     agent   correct 

Do you have a 12 month extension from a non O based on retirement                            correct

23 minutes ago, chippendale said:

Shortest story ever.

Let's hear her side of the story.

He's going to Laos, or the US for months?  Her side would be:

My boyfriend's back, and you're gonna be in trouble
(Hey-la-day-la my boyfriend's back)
When you see him comin' better cut out on the double

You used an agent.  Waste of money now that you know the rules.

Assume you have a bank account in your name only.  Before you leave, SWIFT 800k into your account.  Leave for the US without a re-entry permit, allow your visa extension to expire.

If staying with your girlfriend, have her register her house/apartment with immigration so she can do your TM-30 online when you return.

Return on a one-way ticket, prepare to buy a $14 booking to show onward travel, enter on the new 60-day waiver, apply for non-O based on retirement.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wmlc said:

I assume you have reasons why you can't just do a simple extension so here goes. You are wasting your time and money even thinking about all this nonsense. Just go to an agency and get it all sorted with no hassles. About the girl, well.....................................

I read your response          

18 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

He's going to Laos, or the US for months?  Her side would be:

You used an agent.  Waste of money now that you know the rules.

Assume you have a bank account in your name only.  Before you leave, SWIFT 800k into your account.  Leave for the US without a re-entry permit, allow your visa extension to expire.

If staying with your girlfriend, have her register her house/apartment with immigration so she can do your TM-30 online when you return.

Return on a one-way ticket, prepare to buy a $14 booking to show onward travel, enter on the new 60-day waiver, apply for non-O based on retirement.

absolutely was not a waste on money.    rest of your post  makes sense  thanks    Not the Shirelles  not the Ronettes   hmmm  the Shangri La's?

Edited by charleskerins
nm
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems you used an agent.

Best option is to use agent again and obtain a 12 month extension.

Do this few weeks prior to expiry of current permission of stay.

Also get him to obtain a reentry permit (recommend multi). 

Pointless to exit without obtaining new extension.

If I go to  Laos  and start over why do i need the agent ?   Deposit 800k wait 2 months then apply at IO in Phitasanulok  -no?

10 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I read your response          

absolutely was not a waste on money.    rest of your post  makes sense  thanks    Not the Shirelles  not the Ronettes   hmmm  the Shangri La's?

The Angels.  Early 60's.

By waste of money, I meant upon return.  Retirement option is incredibly easy, minimal documentation.  Getting the bank account set up is the difficult part.  Just get your papers together and make an online appointment with immigration.   In and out in less'n an hour. 

11 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

If I go to  Laos  and start over why do i need the agent ?   Deposit 800k wait 2 months then apply at IO in Phitasanulok  -no?

During this current extension did you maintain the financial requirements? 

That's a yes or no.

If you have maintained the financials then best option is to obtain a 12 month extension prior to exit Thailand. 

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

During this current extension did you maintain the financial requirements? 

That's a yes or no.

If you have maintained the financials then best option is to obtain a 12 month extension prior to exit Thailand. 

No I did not      

Just now, charleskerins said:

No I did not      

Fine. Finally.

The agent you previously used obtained a non O and subsequent 12 month extension.

The current extension valid till 19 Sept.

When do you plan to exit Thailand 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Fine. Finally.

The agent you previously used obtained a non O and subsequent 12 month extension.

The current extension valid till 19 Sept.

When do you plan to exit Thailand 

Before 9/15 /24

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

Before 9/15 /24

Why not obtain a 12 month extension prior to exiting Thailand.

Along with a reentry permit.

After trip to USA you can reenter and be stamped in till expiry of next extension.

If you do not bother with the extension renewal you will need to return visa exempt and obtain non O 

In other words start over.

Agents in Pattaya can obtain the extension for ~13-15k avoid another non O 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why not obtain a 12 month extension prior to exiting Thailand.

Along with a reentry permit.

After trip to USA you can reenter and be stamped in till expiry of next extension.

If you do not bother with the extension renewal you will need to return visa exempt and obtain non O 

In other words start over.

Agents in Pattaya can obtain the extension for ~13-15k avoid another non O 

okay that sounds good thanks  

On 6/11/2024 at 1:52 PM, charleskerins said:

The point we are all asking is why do you want to start over? Why can't you apply for an extension here? There must be a reason. It must be because you don't qualify on your own now. If so, that's why some of us recommend an agent to do it. May I ask the burn g question you don't seem to want to answer? Why can't you do the extension here? Then get a re entry permit if you will make travel plans?

Edited by wmlc
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, wmlc said:

The point we are all asking is why do you want to start over? Why can't you apply for an extension here?

The OP is very unclear. 

Confirmed that current extension was agent assisted (didn't meet financial requirements) 

Perhaps does not realize that an agent can obtain another extension.

Mentions is OP mentions 800k in Thai bank. 

Perhaps aim is to provide the financials and do it all himself.

If that's the case he would need start over.

Who knows

On 6/11/2024 at 1:34 PM, NoDisplayName said:

"I used to love her"...Guns n Roses....

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP is very unclear. 

Confirmed that current extension was agent assisted (didn't meet financial requirements) 

Mentions is OP mentions 800k in Thai bank. 

Who knows

Yes, who knows. Sometimes people use agents just to skip the line, get the bank letter, and do their paperwork. Not always because they don't have or don't want to put the 800K. They can also used if you have the money, but its not in the bank enough time before the extension.  Anyways, he seems to want to crack on in his own way. 

Edited by wmlc

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP is very unclear. 

Mentions in OP 800k in Thai bank. 

Who knows

Respectfully you do   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wmlc said:

Not always because they don't have or don't want to put the 800K.

Earlier I asked ......

"During this current extension did you maintain the financial requirements? 

That's a yes or no."

OP Reply.......

"No I did not"  

Just now, charleskerins said:

Respectfully you do   

So, tell us why you don't want to do the extension here before traveling????? What is stopping you? The money is not in the bank yet? I will say that the cost of the agency compared to doing all that travel might be similar or less.  

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Earlier I asked ......

"During this current extension did you maintain the financial requirements? 

That's a yes or no."

OP Reply.......

"No I did not"  

You forgot the other option of just staying silent lol 

48 minutes ago, wmlc said:

The point we are all asking is why do you want to start over? Why can't you apply for an extension here? There must be a reason. It must be because you don't qualify on your own now. If so, that's why some of us recommend an agent to do it. May I ask the burn g question you don't seem to want to answer? Why can't you do the extension here? Then get a re entry permit if you will make travel plans?

Because I was advised by a very helpful and knowledgeable  person on this site to do a "border bounce"  I will qualify now if the papers are finally signed .  Then someone else told me if you used an agent the first time you are "trapped"  and must use the agent again-so by "starting over"   I don't need an agent. 

4 minutes ago, wmlc said:

So, tell us why you don't want to do the extension here before traveling????? What is stopping you? The money is not in the bank yet? I will say that the cost of the agency compared to doing all that travel might be similar or less.  

Because I didn't know I could do it without using the agent who is in Bangkok  which is 6 hours away.  

The money is not in the bank yet but should be within the next 3 weeks.