Police in Pattaya Investigate Entertainment Venues, Discover No Illegal Activities

snoop1130

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

They then proceeded to verify IDs and administer drug urine tests to all customers and employees present. No one was found to be underage or had illegal substances in their body.

Sure they did.  Yeah

THC remains in the system and can be detected in urine from 3-days to 30-days depending on frequency of usage.

Amphetamines/meth can be detected in urine for at least 3-days from last usage.

So the po-po didn't find even one offender in this bar as well as all the others?

I'll bet if the police administered blood-alcohol tests, they wouldn't have found one drinker on site.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Can you read sarcasm when you see it? Others can! But, don´t worry. I will make an exception for you next time "For MrJ2U, this is Sarcasm. please read and understand it like that".

I assumed MrJ2U's response was tongue-in-cheek ..

Sooo, when they say no illegal activities, what they actually meant to say was that other than flouting licensing hours there was no illegal activity.

well I guess you have to be allowed one mulligan.

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Oh please!!

There's prostitution every where in Thailand.  Are you f blind?

That's practically the only way to make a living considering there's practically no work that pays more than 300 baht a day,if you can even find work outside of rice season.

It should be legal.  Sex shouldn't be a crime.

I don’t believe he is blind. Sarcastic maybe, but not blind.

You on the other hand are blind enough not to be able to see obvious sarcasm.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

They then proceeded to verify IDs and administer drug urine tests to all customers and employees present. No one was found to be underage or had illegal substances in their body. The officers also searched the vehicles of customers parked outside the venue

If they did not find anything on people how they can search vehicles 🤔 

oh sorry I thought there is law and 1st world. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Baba Naba said:

Cuz the cops get serviced FREE! No exchange of $$$!  😆

Nah, not so much get serviced for free. Many times they have a hand in the economy acquired by aerobic activities.

54 minutes ago, SportRider said:

I assumed MrJ2U's response was tongue-in-cheek ..

In that case you must have a problem understanding the meaning of that concept. Tounge in cheek, does not involve asking if a person is f blind, for a starter.

Tounge in cheek is also not used as a way trying to explain working conditions as well as the legality of something.

But, I understand. He is your best "friend", so you just needed to make a lame excuse for him. Noted! Now go take a beer together and see what the day holds in it´s womb.

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Oh please!!

That's practically the only way to make a living considering there's practically no work that pays more than 300 baht a day,if you can even find work outside of rice season.

15 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh Yeah! Not a sign of prostitution!

Nor are there any signs of those terrible elderly bridge players.........

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Muhendis said:

Nor are there any signs of those terrible elderly bridge players.........

Oh my god! I forgot them. Yeah, luckily we got rid of them. They are even worse than the sexy girls. 😉 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 2baht said:

This is Pattaya, squeaky clean, pristine family resort! Can we keep it that way, please!!!

But of course we can. This is a huge change for the better. Do you remember when it had a big sex industry, bars and a lot of fights? Not to talk about when it was overrun with Indians and Russians. Luckily we have left all that behind us now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Oh please!!

Don't go much on sarcasm, then?

10 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

But of course we can. This is a huge change for the better. Do you remember when it had a big sex industry, bars and a lot of fights? Not to talk about when it was overrun with Indians and Russians. Luckily we have left all that behind us now. 

"........................Luckily we have left all that behind us now."

And then you woke up? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

"........................Luckily we have left all that behind us now."

And then you woke up? 

Yeah, something like that. Thank you for understanding 🙂 

But hey! Please consider not to tell anyone. I am living the dream! 😉
 Darn, where did I put that phone number to Mr Cheese?

Edited by Gottfrid

Maybe because the top end police chiefs own most of the buildings  in the soi just like soi cowboy in BKK 

It's hilarious the lies just keep coming  possibly the  one country that thrives on lies 

• Agree 1

I walked down beach road last night and was accosted by 6 women and 4 ladyboys asking me to pay them for sex, I also saw a table full of locals playing cards for money, then I saw a drunk local urinating on the street, then a scuffle broke out at the top end of walking street between some taxi drivers and tourists.

this was all in the space of about 10 minutes.

bob.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Well I guess that's needed in Pattaya... with all the trash bars and questionable people.

can you imagine a quality tourist with wife and family sitting at a table having a meal or drink then being questioned by police... would be the last time in Thailand.

Any  "quality tourist" with Wife and Kids, surely would have enough Brains  to  never set foot in this family friendly,  international city  that has a reputation that the authorities hate to see destroyed.!!!

They make themselves look incompetent with these Pattaya has no prostitution or other illegal activities, anyone visiting could spot numerous activities even if they have no police training 

1 hour ago, actonion said:

Any  "quality tourist" with Wife and Kids, surely would have enough Brains  to  never set foot in this family friendly,  international city  that has a reputation that the authorities hate to see destroyed.!!!

As everyone can see by their absence.

Monaco it is not.