Engaging with Russians during wartime in Thailand?

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I consider Taiwan a nation independent of China. Yes.

Middle eastern stuff too off topic here.

Part of China as a sovereign state - it is ON TOPIC as it highlights your hypocrisy over Ukraine. What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Part of China as a sovereign state - it is ON TOPIC as it highlights your hypocrisy over Ukraine. What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

If you're simple minded.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Expat Rob said:

A lot of red herrings here. Ukraine was never close to joining NATO, in addition Turkey and Hungary would have blocked its addition, Putin knew this and used joining NATO as a ruse to invade.

Exactly. And if Putin really cared that much about NATO he wouldn't now be keeping the border with Finland unprotected as he sent those soldiers to his genocidal war against Ukraine. Putin has a hard on for erasing Ukraine. He must be stopped.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I'm wondering about is how many Russians have fled Putin's Russia.

I've heard from credible sources from one million up to three million.

Three million sounds crazy but at least a million makes sense to me.

But imagine if it was easier for Russians to find more places that would accept them long term outside of Russia (and assuming Russia doesn't close its borders) how many more millions would flee?

Maybe that's the reason it's been made so hard in most of the world.

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If you're simple minded.

Maybe I am. I think if you use "a sovereign nation" to defend Ukraine, you should respect it wherever it is found. In your case, you do not - that much is apparent. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Expat Rob said:

A lot of red herrings here. Ukraine was never close to joining NATO, in addition Turkey and Hungary would have blocked its addition, Putin knew this and used joining NATO as a ruse to invade.

Ya, it's a good story... how about some facts? Yanukovych was overthrown by the CIA in 2014, and Nuland went over there to give some cookies to the little Ukrainians and $1bn loan guarantee (funny that).

NATO wants to have control over Russian borders as much as it can. I don't think Russia would rely on Turkey and Hungary being able to block membership. NATO expands where it can. Neutrality would have saved 100,000s but USA doesn't care about that and so Russia had little choice after warning of it for years. Nigel Farage is right - the bear was poked and provoked.

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Ya, it's a good story... how about some facts? Yanukovych was overthrown by the CIA in 2014, and Nuland went over there to give some cookies to the little Ukrainians and $1bn loan guarantee (funny that).

NATO wants to have control over Russian borders as much as it can. I don't think Russia would rely on Turkey and Hungary being able to block membership. NATO expands where it can. Neutrality would have saved 100,000s but USA doesn't care about that and so Russia had little choice after warning of it for years. Nigel Farage is right - the bear was poked and provoked.

NATO is a DEFENSIVE organization. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I China a defensive country? 

China has become a big bully but their interests are different than Russia.

China will possibly take back Manchuria from Russia if Russia continues to weaken.

It's funny to watch how Putin is now Xi's rhymes with ditch. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

NATO expands because nations want to join it. They remember the 40 some years of being in the Soviet Bloc, with command economies that went nowhere but to Moscow.

Fact is, Putin's a kleptomaniac. Ask any of his oligarchs - those who are still alive.

One fourth of the world's chernozems, the rich black soil ideal for agriculture, are located in Ukraine. Most wars are theft writ large.

Nigel Farage is a useful idiot. From what I read on this thread, he's not the only one.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

China has become a big bully but their interests are different than Russia.

China will possibly take back Manchuria from Russia if Russia continues to weaken.

It's funny to watch how Putin is now Xi's rhymes with ditch. 

an American calling another country a bully.... IRONY . com !!!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

We'll see about that, won't we?

I expect the Kirch Bridge is going down within a year and probably much sooner.

and illegal act, or do you condone supply routes being attacked so civilians, women & Childern are effected?? you seem to relish at the thought of innocent people suffering, some guy you are!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

and illegal act, or do you condone supply routes being attacked so civilians, women & Childern are effected?? you seem to relish at the thought of innocent people suffering, some guy you are!

You're supporting Russia, a country that steals and brainwashes non orphaned Ukrainian children and is now beheading POWs.

The Kirch bridge is a legitimate military target.

Edited by Jingthing

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Exactly. And if Putin really cared that much about NATO he wouldn't now be keeping the border with Finland unprotected as he sent those soldiers to his genocidal war against Ukraine. Putin has a hard on for erasing Ukraine. He must be stopped.

if he wanted to 'erase' Ukriane then why is he concentrating on a few areas only? 

'he must be stopped'...hahah

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're supporting Russia, a country that steals and brainwashes non orphaned Ukrainian children and is now beheading POWs.

The Kirch bridge is a legitimate military target.

beheading POW's really, and you have proof of this i'm sure. does your info come from the same person that said 40 babies were beheaded on October 7th?

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, frank83628 said:

so you don't believe Putin,  then do we have to believe Biden got all those votes?

Frank logic make it your friend .Putin was a dictator in office ,Biden was a challenger not in office.  you can believe what you want but the proof is in the pudding.

2 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Frank logic make it your friend .Putin was a dictator in office ,Biden was a challenger not in office.  you can believe what you want but the proof is in the pudding.

so no actual proof, just western propaganda

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

if he wanted to 'erase' Ukriane then why is he concentrating on a few areas only? 

'he must be stopped'...hahah

Because he's failing but he hasn't given up. He needs to be made to give up. Like Hitler was.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

Putin Z fascists and Trump Maga fascists. Joined at the hip.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/20/2024 at 6:50 PM, spidermike007 said:

I think it is a reflection of the current culture. It was destroyed over a century of callous and murderous leadership. Stalin, Lenin, Khruschev, now Putin.

You forget to mention the nobility and the Czars. You think the revolution happened in a vacuum?

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You forget to mention the nobility and the Czars. You think the revolution happened in a vacuum?

No. Exactly like the Hamas attacks, which did not happen in a vacuum either. I do not condone them. Just saying that Israel gives them a very comfortable and easy excuse to operate and conduct their terror.

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

One thing I'm wondering about is how many Russians have fled Putin's Russia.

I've heard from credible sources from one million up to three million.

Three million sounds crazy but at least a million makes sense to me.

But imagine if it was easier for Russians to find more places that would accept them long term outside of Russia (and assuming Russia doesn't close its borders) how many more millions would flee?

Maybe that's the reason it's been made so hard in most of the world.

they have visa free travel to 120 countries, out of 193.
131 for British
150 US

6 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

they have visa free travel to 120 countries, out of 193.
131 for British
150 US

If true, that's very misleading.

The vast majority of those would be s-hole countries nobody wants to travel to.

The problem for Russians is that they arrive in countries like Thailand and it's very hard to stay long term, and they're very unwelcome in the west these days to even visit as a tourist.

They could go to Georgia and stay a year on each entry but face a lot of hostility from locals and a government that is led by a pro Putin oligarch -- so that's not secure for them either.

Personally, I think the west should actively recruit the more promising of the Russian draft dodgers. It's not their fault that Putin happened.