I'm looking for a new computer chair.

Mason45

Plenty on Lazada.

Be careful though as many are small and designed for 5"4-6;Asians. If you are a bigger person, best to stick to one you can try ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Mason45 said:

I've been to several furniture stores but non sell computer chairs.

Really? Which ones? As you can see on the replies above, most of the furniture stores have computer chairs.

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Plenty on Lazada.

Be careful though as many are small and designed for 5"4-6;Asians. If you are a bigger person, best to stick to one you can try ! 

I got a nice gaming chair from Lazada for about 2k. Definitely search "Gaming Chair".

8 hours ago, Mason45 said:

My old computer chair needs replacing. I've been to several furniture stores but non sell computer chairs.

The best chair is none.

I have a standing desk setup and I am not going back to sitting ever again.

I lean one of my knees on my sofa on the side for support because standing all day is tiring.

But this setup is way better than sitting. 

• Confused 3

56 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

The best chair is none.

I have a standing desk setup and I am not going back to sitting ever again.

I lean one of my knees on my sofa on the side for support because standing all day is tiring.

But this setup is way better than sitting. 

Obviously: Up to you.

But out of interest, did you ever have a good quality chair like the Herman Miller Aeron?

I can sit on that chair all day all night 24/7 and it's just fine.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously: Up to you.

But out of interest, did you ever have a good quality chair like the Herman Miller Aeron?

I can sit on that chair all day all night 24/7 and it's just fine.

No, never tried that chair. 

But I'm quite comfortable with my standing desk arrangement. 

I'd like to think that I'm burning a few calories by not sitting and/or it's a bit better for blood circulation to be moving around a bit rather than in a seated position all day.

For anyone working from home, I would encourage them to explore the standing desk setup. 

But maybe it's not for everyone in which case a good chair is the best bet. 

• Like 1

Last few I've bought have been from either Index or OfficeMate (as mentioned above). They quite often have one of the better ones on sale for around the 6-8k baht mark. Bear in mind that even the ones that look pretty solid still aren't up to that much. They tend to last me about a year tops, but then again I'm sat in them almost all day every day. The castor wheels usually go first, but I tend to replace the whole chair just to get the padding back up to scratch too.

11 hours ago, Mason45 said:

My old computer chair needs replacing. I've been to several furniture stores but non sell computer chairs.

+1 for OfficeMate. But need to try before buy.

Definitely worth getting one that's mesh fabric not cushion or fake leather. Not sweaty.

https://www.ofm.co.th/en/category/เฟอร์นิเจอร์/เก้าอี้/เก้าอี้เพื่อสุขภาพ 

I bought one recently from the Powerbuys store at Central Festival.  The have a few you can try out.  

As for the Herman Miller chairs? I had an “Embody” model at one point, but I gave it away when I moved.  Ditto for a Herman Miller Lounge Chair.  I probably should have kept that one in storage. They’re getting to be fairly pricey.