What's your favourite beer for the home?

Kind of quit, not officially, but can't remember last time I had a beer.   Was in Tops today, and if they had cold Beer Lao Dark, I might of picked up 2, as wife hanging out at sis's tonight.

Quite liked Kopper Craft, but no longer available, and lost my taste for Snowy, as was runner up to cheap suds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StraightTalk said:

Try Asahi and/or Sapporo. Beer Lao Dark and Gold/Lager are a very good brews as well.

Yeah Beer Lao Dark gets recommended a lot, may finally give that a shot. Vaguely remember seeing it in Makro

Rum & coke....

Never liked the beer taste....

Fosters & Sapporo and maybe Henry Weinharts are the 3 that I found semi enjoyable (in the US)....

I never enjoyed the taste of beer enough to explore brands or craft beer...

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Agree 1

Nite Hunter IPA (6.8%) Thai beer.

Orion The Dark (Okinawa).

M32 IPA Thai beer

Carabao Dunkel

Tawandang IPA

All in Tops

And a few more.

Fed up after 24 years of lager.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Beer Lao Dark - easily available in restaurants, bars and shops in Thailand.

Not so easily available: Erdinger Weissbier or something like that. My favorite is Weihenstephaner.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1UnN2SGjo5g6xt2IQjtA

The Weihenstephaner is superb. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Not so easily available: Erdinger Weissbier or something like that. My favorite is Weihenstephaner.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1UnN2SGjo5g6xt2IQjtA

Now we are talking. Weihenstephaner is really good, but soon close to 200 bath a bottle. However, worth every sip and baht.

Erdinger Weissbier and Paulaner are also good, and actually quite common in Lotus´s and Tops of what I have seen.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah Beer Lao Dark gets recommended a lot, may finally give that a shot. Vaguely remember seeing it in Makro

Think you will have a hard time finding any with a filling date less than 8 months

10 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Think you will have a hard time finding any with a filling date less than 8 months

Your quite wrong there, as I wouldn't buy it, if it had a filling date more than a month or 2, as it would take me a month or 3 to finish a box of.   Makro/PKK had a hard time keeping a current stock.  Sold out quite quickly when restocked.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That should be no problem if it was properly stored. 

Glad you used the word "IF", as I presume you know properly stored beer, or anything else, is an oxymoron in Thailand

Edited by CallumWK
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Tried a can of Full Moon Malt last night, for a change, found it in our local Lotus, 53baht, not bad for a wheat beer that's made here.

Is that even a beer?

I looked at it and it's like they weren't allowed to call it beer on the can. Alcoholic malt based beverage or something. 

What's actually in it that they cannot legally call it beer? 

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In Thailand?

I like some beer, I like some wine.

Drinkable wine is very expensive in Thailand.

No, I moved back to oz where wine is pretty cheap but beer very expansive, I can buy a cask of wine (5litre) for about 400 baht, a carton of beer would cost me about 1200 baht. The cheapest drinkable wine I found at tops (Australian) for 399 baht 750 ml. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And Singha Reserve in bottles When choosing a Thai beer. In fact the only Thai beer Im drinking

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Glad you used the word "IF", as I presume you know properly stored beer, or anything else, is an oxymoron in Thailand

I know I guy who owns a beer import company.

He stores the beer in Bangkok in a none-AC warehouse. According to him that is ok.

He sells expensive beer for years, successfully, so it seems to be ok.

As far as I know different kinds of beer are more or less sensitive to heat. And some can be stored for (I think) years, others not. It's not all the same.

I have to admit I never look at the expire date when I buy beer (i.e. in Foodland), and until now I never had any bad experience.

But to be fair, I don't drink a lot of beer, so my experience is limited.

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

And Singha Reserve in bottles When choosing a Thai beer. In fact the only Thai beer Im drinking

Singh Reserve is good, i buy a case of that sometimes, would prefer cans though

If I'm drinking beer outside I like Leo beer with a glass of ice. Inside, I'm drinking Asahi can or drafts.

I used to drink a lot of IPAs but those hops just destroy the taste buds.

I am not a real beer drinker but these days if I do drink beer I prefer an ice cold leo and drink it straight from the bottle so it stays cold & retains the taste, thin glasses full of ice screw up any beer, I will drink all the other beers if no leo but they just dont taste as good to me. Mind you I grew up drinking fosters lager but enjoyed several other aussie beers over the years before giving beer away, its all purely each persons individual preference that dictates what they drink but bottles will always be superior to cans in taste.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

Don't drink beer at all just wine 

What happened to the recent advertised cut in wine tax? Can't say i have noticed any drop in prices.

Edited by Henryford

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

What happened to the recent advertised cut in wine tax? Can't say i have noticed any drop in prices.

Have to tell you Iam not in LOS I moved back to OZ.