Thai girlfriend working in a bar

22 minutes ago, jjstephen said:

We are now engaged and will get married after we meet in person for the first time

Really?

22 minutes ago, jjstephen said:

But I feel like my fiancé is different as even one of the senior doctors at her hospital is involved in running the bar that she works at.

One of the doctors is her pimp!

Run Forrest , run!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, jjstephen said:

I am also looking for advice about where to stay in Pattaya? Where is a reasonably priced hotel and what is the best place on the island to stay?

Try harder.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, jjstephen said:

I met my Thai fiancé on a dating site around 19 months ago. We started chatting all day every day and things got pretty serious. We are now engaged and will get married after we meet in person for the first time, I am planning to visit Bangkok in November and tie the knot.

My fiancé is a nurse and works at a major hospital in Bangkok (which I will not name for obvious reasons). Around 6 months into our relationship she started working part time at a bar in Pattaya.

On the weekends she will go down to Pattaya to work in the bar and then return back to the hospital on Monday morning. She is doing this, working 7 days a week, to help pay off her student loans.

As I have never visited Thailand before, I started to read about Thai culture online to prepare myself. I found many posts online (for example this) which say that bar girls are 'working' and not really relationship material. But I feel like my fiancé is different as even one of the senior doctors at her hospital is involved in running the bar that she works at.

I confronted my fiancé and she assured me that she only earns money from tips and drinks in the bar. Two weeks ago a Canadian guy asked to take her out of the bar. She refused him and said that she felt scared and embarrassed by it.

Basically my question is this: Is it true that all bar girls are 'working' and going to customer's hotel rooms (even women that work there part time)? Or is she is really telling the truth here and should be trusted? Is the information posted online true or is it false? She has never asked me for money before but she did say that in November I will need to pay the hospital for her to have time off work as she already used her annual leave when her brother was sick.

I am also looking for advice about where to stay in Pattaya? Where is a reasonably priced hotel and what is the best place on the island to stay?

Thanks in advance.

How can you be "engaged" with a woman who you never met in person? How can you want to marry her without even meeting her at all? My experience with dating sites are that 90% of photos are digitally enhanced (even using filter for video calls) that the real person looks completely different in real life. And unfortunately most of them are not really telling the truth.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, msbkk said:

How can you be "engaged" with a woman who you never met in person? How can you want to marry her without even meeting her at all? My experience with dating sites are that 90% of photos are digitally enhanced (even using filter for video calls) that the real person looks completely different in real life. And unfortunately most of them are not really telling the truth.

It's easy when none of the characters in a story are real.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I had a slightly similar experience several years ago.

The woman's dating site profile had a few pictures of her in a nurse's uniform, and she said that she worked in a local government hospital.  We chatted away for a few weeks, but never met (due to her "busy" work schedule, doing double shifts to get more money).

At this time, a couple who were friends of mine from work in Australia were visiting Thailand, seeking out retirement options, and one night they wanted to go out to a bar for a drink.  In the bar opposite, there was a woman who looked like the "nurse".

To cut a long sorry short, the "nurse" was never a nurse, she "borrowed" the nurse uniform from her "sister", and she worked full-time in the bar.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jjstephen said:

Basically my question is this: Is it true that all bar girls are 'working' and going to customer's hotel rooms (even women that work there part time)? Or is she is really telling the truth here and should be trusted? Is the information posted online true or is it false? She has never asked me for money before but she did say that in November I will need to pay the hospital for her to have time off work as she already used her annual leave when her brother was sick.

No, some girls in the 'gentlemen's clubs' use rooms over the club, 4-8x a day.

Chatting long distance, hoping to find one love him true.

19 months, you never seen her even once, she could tell you she is on Elon's team travelling to Mars.

You never met her; you have no idea what she does. 

Works as a senior doctor in a hospital and travels to Pattaya to work in a bar?

My guess. 

TROLL

3 hours ago, champers said:

Pattaya is an island?

The OP is just another one of the many trolls who have joined the forums recently and who are posting long-winded opening posts.

4 hours ago, jjstephen said:

met my Thai fiancé on a dating site

I have never visited Thailand before

Good luck mate. 

This posting is in ladies forum, Mods should change to Pub forum. 

Funny reading. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

I met my Thai fiancé on a dating site around 19 months ago. We started chatting all day every day and things got pretty serious. We are now engaged and will get married after we meet in person for the first time, I am planning to visit Bangkok in November and tie the knot.

My fiancé is a nurse and works at a major hospital in Bangkok (which I will not name for obvious reasons). Around 6 months into our relationship she started working part time at a bar in Pattaya.

On the weekends she will go down to Pattaya to work in the bar and then return back to the hospital on Monday morning. She is doing this, working 7 days a week, to help pay off her student loans.

As I have never visited Thailand before, I started to read about Thai culture online to prepare myself. I found many posts online (for example this) which say that bar girls are 'working' and not really relationship material. But I feel like my fiancé is different as even one of the senior doctors at her hospital is involved in running the bar that she works at.

I confronted my fiancé and she assured me that she only earns money from tips and drinks in the bar. Two weeks ago a Canadian guy asked to take her out of the bar. She refused him and said that she felt scared and embarrassed by it.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry but the best advice you are likely to get and no doubt ignore is do not marry a girl you have never even met, do not believe everything someone you have never met tells you and forget about coming to a place like pattaya that you quite obviously know little to nothing about if you think it is an island...don't mean this in a bad way but wow you are a train wreck waiting to happen.

25 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

The OP is just another one of the many trolls who have joined the forums recently and who are posting long-winded opening posts.

You don't say.

17 hours ago, Celsius said:

Chatting long distance, hoping to find one love him true.

19 months, you never seen her even once, she could tell you she is on Elon's team travelling to Mars.

You never met her; you have no idea what she does. 

Works as a senior doctor in a hospital and travels to Pattaya to work in a bar?

My guess. 

TROLL

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous when I write it like that, but when you find true love the distance is not a barrier. Although we have not met yet, I am literally talking to her constantly, all day every day sending messages. I spend more time talking to her than if we lived together and were both working. I feel that I know her quite well at this stage. In November I will visit her bar and ask the other women if she ever did bar fines or not.

• Sad 1