Appointment at CW to transfer visa extension to new passport

Supposedly I can get appointment to transfer visa extension to new passport but none of the options on the pop-up page for appointments seem appropriate. Am I missing something ?

Not everything has appointments available at CW.

Certificate of residence one example.

Transfer of stamps another. 

You can obtain que ticket at front desk.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1306581-transferring-visa-to-a-new-passport/ 

Note: the thread attached has link to form CW use.

On back of form lists requirements.

Also take note of my post that if you are on extension retirement using money in bank method you need to provide bankbook and photocopies of pages for current extension and bankbook update.

Here is link to form download 

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=939160&key=2e63bc0d8abee18369df31b777516cb4

Sadly for you (and everyone else who needs to transfer extensions to a new passport) there is no appt choice available for that meaning you show up and queue up with the zombie horde in the section that issues your extension and wait it out.

If you book an appt for an extension renewal for the reason you have your extension they'll tell you that you can't use that appt to just move the stamps.

One other thing IF you're on an extension based on retirement you need to update your bank book, and make a copy of the page with the balance the day you move the stamps  

Had a miserable experience at CW Immigration today- very crowded. Much to my surprise  visa transfers to new passports are done in the same area as extensions (L1). I  arrived at 9:30 and got my passports back at 12:02 pm. The officer doing final checks was busy with some ancient farang for the last ten minutes of the morning session and I think he might have missed my Re-entry permit. I don’t want to return to CW until my annual extension in Sept/Oct but I do plan to travel soon. I must say that going to CW is always a bad experience in some way no matter how well prepared you are and even if you have an appointment.

IMG_0519.jpeg

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

..... I think he might have missed my Re-entry permit. I don’t want to return to CW until my annual extension in Sept/Oct but I do plan to travel soon

Where did you obtain your reentry permit.

If not at CW then they will not transfer it. Common example is the folks that obtain reentry permit at airport.

Not an issue...just travel with both passports 

I did mine at CW last Aug, it was a 5 hour ordeal, they also wanted the last 90 day report (tm47), she then kept telling me i could do it at the airport for some reason, eventually a supervisor came to see what was going on, and told her i had all the documents so transfer the stamp. but when the supervisor went back to her desk, she then said i needed a copy of my TM30.  so had to do down stairs to print it off, by which time it was lunch time, when it was my turn she went through everything again lol. i had hoped this was just a bad day for her, be prepared for anything at immigration

11 minutes ago, howerde said:

....eventually a supervisor came to see what was going on, and told her i had all the documents so transfer the stamp. but when the supervisor went back to her desk, she then said i needed a copy of my TM30. 

What "transfer the stamp" are you referring.

The io should not have required a TM30 or TM47

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What "transfer the stamp" are you referring.

The io should not have required a TM30 or TM47

Transfer stamp to new passport, i know they were not required but she insisted(you are not in any position to argue) . after lunch when i went back she was slowly going through my documents again, this time 2 supervisors came across and told her firmly to do it, the supervisors told my friend in Thai that it would be easier to do at the airport when coming back to Thailand even though i had no plans to leave

14 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Had a miserable experience at CW Immigration today- very crowded. 

I think he might have missed my Re-entry permit.

Exactly as I outlined in my comment, you get the stamps moved in the same section that issued the extension.

And they didn't miss moving your re-entry permit in section L1, you have to go over to section C2 (the section that issues reentry permits) to get that stamp moved.

EDITED

Forgot to mention you get the rentry permit moved from the office that sold it to you. If you'd gotten it at change your have moved the stamp there, if you got it from an airport, you go there to move the stamp

Edited by Tod Daniels
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

And they didn't miss moving your re-entry permit in section L1, you have to go over to section C2 (the section that issues reentry permits) to get that stamp moved.

Correct. 

Heads up for anyone that obtains reentry permits at airport.

Don't waste time attending C2 as the io will tell you to need  airport immigration to transfer reentry permit 

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Where did you obtain your reentry permit.

If not at CW then they will not transfer it. Common example is the folks that obtain reentry permit at airport.

Not an issue...just travel with both passports 

Thank you…I got the Reentry permit at DMK. Very easy to carry 2 passports for a few months. Much easier than waiting in yet another line at CW.

16 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Very easy to carry 2 passports for a few months. Much easier than waiting in yet another line at CW.

Exactly. It used to relatively painless to do the stamps transfer to a new passport at CW. But not anymore gauging from recent reports. Just having it done at the next extension time makes more sense.