Surachate 'Big Joke' Hakparn challenges Thai PM over dismissal

webfact

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

link? proof?

likely his family got wealthy thanks to his corruption. i read an and defunct thaivisa daily and many times a day and i never saw a hint his family is rich before the fact

so back up what you are saying. boring these guys who think a cop in thailand isnt corrupt... or maybe naive

a quick google search would give you some info f you both to check His wife, Sirinadda Hakparn, owned stocks in five companies worth over 10.17 million baht2. On September 26, 2023, He stated that he received an inheritance from his wife’s father when he died, which was almost a billion baht. He was about to receive nearly a billion baht from his mother-in-law, who manages the wealth of the family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

The guy has so much more wealth than what his salary is come on you know the guy corrupt TIT

He has a rich wife ! Just like many others or politicians !! A great way of explaining some wealth !

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RobU said:

Impossible to discuss this with you. You have your opinion which I believe is wrong. No matter what evidence to his lack of corruption is presented to you, you will still state that he must be corrupt because he is a policeman because you hate the police

and you are biased in his favor. wht on earth? who knows. but i am willing to bet that i am more likely right.

but... you said he joined because it is his vocation. was he rich at the time he joined? or did he join because of the potential of spoils. when i brought this up you shut up just like a clam. 'because i said so' is the weakest argument there is

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, mokwit said:

The problem with someone being 53 years old and being made Chief of Police is that 7 other Generals won't get their turn.

You seem to be saying that because their names are on a list of folks who joined the RTP many years ago they are all entitled to hold the position of national police chef.

I'm well aware that this is the way it has been working but it's not the law / regulation. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Acharn said:

This is the way Thai politics used to be. I very much miss Police Captain Chalerm and his threats to expose corruption.

The corrupt exposing the corrupt...

I guess some folks are aware of his early history destroying infrastructure so that people in Thonburi had no choice but to buy very expensive water from his water trucks. Such a pleasant man.

His sons still have a lot to answer for.

My own son, when at uni, worked as a barman in one of the big bars in the radio city complex.  Owner of the bar where my son worked gave regular pep talks to his staff early evening. Always mentioned 'if Chalerm's sons or their thug minders appear listen carefully to what they say and serve exactly what they ask for and move back, never ask for money, never try to engage them in conversation'.

There was an incident when a young barman bumped slightly into one of the thug minders on the busy stairs, no damage done in any way, the young barman apologised but was quickly grabbed and his hands held behind his back by 2 thugs whilst another thug and a son beat him up. 

My son came home from work early morning, he woke me up and told me what had happened. He had never experienced / seen violence and it shook him. My son was a strong rugby player but this experience really shook him.

I guess about 12:00 am he called the club office and resigned and quickly hung up. Son asked me if I would please increase his monthly allowance (which I had offered to do several times previous to this incident) so that he didn't need to work. 

Why would anybody miss Chalerm.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NemoH said:

Everyone of them is wealthy … only if you tell me they were already wealthy before they join the police force then I will start to trust them a little … lol

if they were so wealthy before,  then why would they bother joining the police?  Never trust them, even the friendly ones

10 hours ago, RobU said:

Yes he was from a wealthy family

Everything you say is pure supposition with no evidence to back it up. each time someone demonstrates that your current supposition is wrong, you make up another supposition which is even less realistic. I reckon your next supposition will be that he is corrupt because he is an alien from outer space🤣😂🤣😂

He may well be one of the better ones and I have no interest in debating whether his family has wealth or not; or where it came from if they have?

However, what I will say is that you are wearing extremely rose tinted glasses. I won’t disclose on here exactly how I know but I do.

What I will tell you though is that he has been connected to the horologist from a very young age and therefore he was never going to be your average Joe. If you doubt this last bit, just remind yourself which office previously he has always been transferred back to whenever he has been taken off active duty?

Edited by Trip Hop

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

You seem to be saying that because their names are on a list of folks who joined the RTP many years ago they are all entitled to hold the position of national police chef.

I'm well aware that this is the way it has been working but it's not the law / regulation. 

Nope, not at all, there are multiple Generals vying for the position each year which is for one year usually due there being some kind of convention that you are eligible at around age 59 it seems. Hapkarn has outside patronage apparently and this is upsetting things.

4 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

if they were so wealthy before,  then why would they bother joining the police?  Never trust them, even the friendly ones

Because he wants to be occupied. I suspect sitting around 'being rich' is a bit like being forcibly retired, it's boring. 

Edited by RobU
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

He may well be one of the better ones and I have no interest in debating whether his family has wealth or not; or where it came from if they have?

However, what I will say is that you are wearing extremely rose tinted glasses. I won’t disclose on here exactly how I know but I do.

What I will tell you though is that he has been connected to the horologist from a very young age and therefore he was never going to be your average Joe. If you doubt this last bit, just remind yourself which office previously he has always been transferred back to whenever he has been taken off active duty?

A horologist is a watchmaker. How does being connected to a watchmaker make him corrupt?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, digger70 said:

Pol General Surachate Hakparn

Surachate used to receive a monthly salary of 39,090 to 76,800 baht.

Upon further investigation, it was found that his wife Sirinadda Hakparn owned stocks in five companies worth over 10.17 million baht.

On September 26, 2023, he told the media, "As for the source of the money, I can answer where it all comes from: By receiving an inheritance from my wife's father when he died. It's almost a billion baht already. The inheritance that I am about to receive from my mother-in-law, who manages the wealth, is worth nearly a billion baht."

Yes, but where did they get all that money from????????😁

40 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

Yes, but where did they get all that money from????????😁

A deputy national police chief earns a base salary of 78,000 baht a month. Pol Gen Surachate said the money he spends comes from his wife Sirinatda, the daughter of Bancha Panitchapong, a billionaire transport and property tycoon in Songkhla, his home province.