So whatever happened to the new 60 visa-free entries?

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

Another botched job by some mouth in the government engaging his tongue before what he has as brain, probably only 1 cell.

Thailand, always flattering to decieve...

Similar to the weed fiasco.

TiT.  They have their own way of doing things.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bluejets said:

You'd have to be pretty thick to book tickets on unconfirmed reports.

How about those, like me, who had booked flights for the end of May, then learned that had they booked for a few days later would have gotten 60 days, proceeded to kick themselves, and now know that they suffered a sore backside for nothing?

• Like 1

My observation, there are different factions in the Thai government. The Tourism ministry always supports easy visas and more tourists and the Immigration ministry and ruling elites who are already rich and do not care very much about the economy are more anti-tourism 

So the Tourism ministry will announce these things, but there is no approval--

Eventually the elites are pressured by the government economists and advisors to allow things like weed or more tourists because the GDP is falling, but the elites always demand some concession like temporary approval only

On 6/26/2024 at 8:08 AM, bluejets said:

You'd have to be pretty thick to book tickets on unconfirmed reports.

Where should people look to get these 'confirmed reports'? Your own government's travel advice website? Thai embassy / consulate websites?

The vast majority of these were 'updated' to show that, from 1st June, travellers would receive 60 days under the visa exemption scheme.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

Where should people look to get these 'confirmed reports'? Your own government's travel advice website? Thai embassy / consulate websites?...

For travel planning, I would use this site:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm#

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Interesting website. Although I wonder how many people would know to go there, never mind filling in the extensive 3 page forms,  after dismissing the advice given by their own government and Thai representatives?

• Thumbs Up 1