Are full body massages worth the money?

MichaelJackson

Depends who you let twist you like a pretzel !

Be careful where you go and who you let manipulate you. Very few even bother asking pertinent question or "contraindication" before such treatment. There have even been fatalities.

Unless you are going for nothing more than a "feel good factor" perhaps a relaxing aromatherapy oil massage, caution is recommended. Personally, I would be very wary of the full body Thai Massage, not as a therapeutic treatment but by exactly who is doing it and whether or not their training only consisted of watching the girl in the next cubicle for an afternoon ! 

• Love It 1

For me the "after feel" only lasts about a couple of hours. It's really the actual time that I am being massaged is what feels great. 

I've started to get (overpriced but YOLO) massages at BKK and DMK in the departure lounges right b4 the flight. Makes me fall asleep on the plane more easily and the 4-5 hr flights I usually take more bearable.

Oil only for me. 

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 11:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Huge quality differences.

IMHO blind massage is often good quality. You can find them i.e. on google maps.

Avoid places with pretty girls. They are not employed because of their massage skills. 😉 

You can sneak up on the too!

• Confused 2

On 6/26/2024 at 6:31 AM, MichaelJackson said:

Last time when I was at a massage parlour, I first tried foot massage, and it was pretty good! Now, I'm considering getting a full body massage and wondering if it's worth it. Do you feel significantly better afterwards?

Full body oil-massage for two hours...:thumbsup:

On 6/26/2024 at 11:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Huge quality differences.

IMHO blind massage is often good quality. You can find them i.e. on google maps.

Avoid places with pretty girls. They are not employed because of their massage skills. 😉 

But often provide additional services, so I was told by insiders, the technical term is happy ending. Never experienced it myself, but it sounds good.

• Haha 1

Ive had back issues since 20 years old, told to operate I did the research, Ive got an Ortho surgeon in my family and PT. 

Ive found many who feel only by a professional Ive tried Chiropractic Chinese medicine, certified licence in States, Ive had blind massages, total today since living in Thailand Hundreds if not close to a thousand. 

Many Doctor in States will tell you they are bias to anyone not licenced dont but to me that is out of ignorance how many have traveled outside of U.S. longer than two weeks.

Through the years Ive have countless of PT session many of the things done are similiar to what Ive gotten a legit places in Thailand done by women who have toiled for year. As noted you need to try many doing so you will know it is the provider today minimum 3 times a week two hours narrow down to 1 hour foot another hour Thai.

There are in the end a number of bending even some snap your neck one must try to know unless you already know can ask not. My regular shop over 10 ladies older years of experience after you will know which knows trained or experience what they are doing. I dont like the snapping of the neck request dont and if too hard or soft just let them know. You got to try doing so you will know who knows what they are doing or goung through the motion.

It is so cheap I firmly believe if it wasnt for massages I wouldnt be able to walk. 

• Agree 1

On 6/26/2024 at 11:39 AM, CharlieH said:

Depends who you let twist you like a pretzel !

Be careful where you go and who you let manipulate you. Very few even bother asking pertinent question or "contraindication" before such treatment. There have even been fatalities.

Unless you are going for nothing more than a "feel good factor" perhaps a relaxing aromatherapy oil massage, caution is recommended. Personally, I would be very wary of the full body Thai Massage, not as a therapeutic treatment but by exactly who is doing it and whether or not their training only consisted of watching the girl in the next cubicle for an afternoon ! 

The oil massage is probably the best. It will not hurt your muscles after you have gone. I usually get that and feel great after. Whenever I get a Thai massage, i am hurting for a few days. None of the people working in this industry have had any schooling and have no certificates to show they know anything about the body anatomy at all. So you are at risk of them causing serious damage to your body. If you do opt to get a Thai massage, make sure you tell them to do it not hard. 

Yes...but you need to find a good masseuse. I really love Thai Traditional Massage, but can be too intense and painful for many. A good masseuse can sense and push you to your limit...then ease off without exceeding it. Many either don't have this ability...or are just trying to make you squeal in pain. Some seem to take pleasure in that. Never had a terrible Thai massage, but some are far superior to others. You know it's good when you leave feeling energized and invigorated. 

On 6/26/2024 at 2:31 PM, MichaelJackson said:

Last time when I was at a massage parlour, I first tried foot massage, and it was pretty good! Now, I'm considering getting a full body massage and wondering if it's worth it. Do you feel significantly better afterwards?

Lets be honest youre looking for someone to pull your pencil. Just go to a bar girl (or ladyboy) friend

• Agree 2

all depends on the masseuse, some are good but many are not, once you find one that actually knows how to do a proper massage its good, I did have a great one but she stopped doing it and the only one I tried after didnt know what she was doing. A good 2 hour massage by a masseuse that knows what they are doing is great, one by someone that doesnt leaves you feeling very uncomfortable.

10 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

None of the people working in this industry have had any schooling and have no certificates to show they know anything about the body anatomy at all.

so sorry, it seems you are not properly informed.
But I can assure you that looking for a fully qualified therapist is worth it, and makes a difference. 
In my case, they avoided OP-treatments, that I was told were necessary, for difficult to recover conditions after accidents.

the "gold" standard of training is the full set of 
Professional Thai massage for
Health (150 h),
Therapy I (200 h) and
Therapy II (150 h.)

training at WAT-PO.

( watpomassage.com )

Edited by KKra

On 6/26/2024 at 6:31 AM, MichaelJackson said:

Im 71 and use a good massage shop, usually around 400 baht up’, for an oil massage, not the typical Thai massage that is too hard for me . I have one usually every three days, and yes, I do often use the Blind massage shop in Jomtien, they’re a bit cheaper, 300 B I think for an hour. Very good. Otherwise I’ve used Lets Telax which I ve always thought a bit of a show and too expensive.  There is one called Relax on the first floor above the Sportsman Pb/ restaurant on Thappraya. Jomtien, just after the Big bus station for Bangkok.  Not very cheerful faces but very good. I find all these massages places help me greatly and so relaxing. 

On 6/27/2024 at 10:05 AM, thecyclist said:

But often provide additional services, so I was told by insiders, the technical term is happy ending. Never experienced it myself, but it sounds good.

I doubt very much that the blind shops offer happy endings !  I’ve known lots of them for many years . Never heard the like. The cheap road shops do that .