Research visa line-up Chaeng Wattana

Checking if someone here has some light to shed/advice regarding following. Did annual Research Visa extension recently. For many years I'd get there early, get outside line queue number within first 80 and that would get me to the appropriate counter N among the first 15-20, after checking documents at front desk and I would be out the door by 10AM. This time I was number 63 in outside line-up, meaning I got to document check counter at 8.30 with the first 63 people within that morning, yet my queue number for counter N was 103 and I was only able to submit paperwork at 13.00, out the door by 14.00. Checked with multiple officers and while it was confirmed the queue numbers prior to 103 were not due to e-visa reservations, I could not get clear who these slots were then given to and if there is anyway I can speed up my experience or not next year. Clearly not the end of the world, but curious if someone gets it. Thanks!

There are some people in the immigration. They take numbers for some reason. Then they keep changing numbers with the people waiting queue. 

Happened to me many times. Actually one of them gave me the next number and took my number which had 100 people and it was already 14.30

Not sure whats going on and why they are doing it.

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

There are some people in the immigration. They take numbers for some reason. Then they keep changing numbers with the people waiting queue. 

Happened to me many times. Actually one of them gave me the next number and took my number which had 100 people and it was already 14.30

Not sure whats going on and why they are doing it.

I had similar happen.  They were printing the numbers, putting them in heap and randomly handing them to people in no particular order.  Mine was way up the list and people were arriving well after me and getting a much lower number.  Was beginning to create chaos as a lot of the ones with low numbers had wandered off.  So a senior person was doing the rounds checking numbers and handing out new ones.  Luckily she did as probably saved me an hour.  Now if they just handed them out in numeric order in the first place.......

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

I had similar happen.  They were printing the numbers, putting them in heap and randomly handing them to people in no particular order.  Mine was way up the list and people were arriving well after me and getting a much lower number.  Was beginning to create chaos as a lot of the ones with low numbers had wandered off.  So a senior person was doing the rounds checking numbers and handing out new ones.  Luckily she did as probably saved me an hour.  Now if they just handed them out in numeric order in the first place.......

So why do they do it? Agency thing some sort of? They also never asked money or else. But they were more helpful when they understood i can speak thai.

I also noticed that there are people coming with like 10 - 15 passports.. any info about that?

Thnx

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

So why do they do it? Agency thing some sort of? They also never asked money or else. But they were more helpful when they understood i can speak thai.

I also noticed that there are people coming with like 10 - 15 passports.. any info about that?

Thnx

visa agents, greasing wheels, skipping in front of everybody and makes you wait waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than... one person queque... worst nightmare 5-6 hours in SAMUT PRAKARN

12 hours ago, john donson said:

visa agents, greasing wheels, skipping in front of everybody and makes you wait waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than... one person queque... worst nightmare 5-6 hours in SAMUT PRAKARN

ok.. but whats the point. they dont ask any money from me when giving me their queue..

they are waiting any emergency visa help from their agency? lol