DiY Retiement Extension - Jomtien

On 6/26/2024 at 2:52 PM, Pattaya57 said:
On 6/26/2024 at 2:49 PM, KhunBENQ said:

At least here it is no problem. Always used previous day.

What they want is a bank book update from same day. (you could have withdrawn the millions overnight :biggrin:)

Not true, being a fixed term deposit my bank book wasn't updated today (it was last updated 6 days ago with monthly interest on the 20th)

Since you bank letter was dated on the same day you applied for the extension, they obviously didn't need bankbook update

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Not seen anyone else say the same in 100s of posts on the 90 day thread. Ok wait until September and see if you get fined

There's just no convincing you is there. You must update passbook same day as bank letter, nope mine was 6 days apart, you must do 90 day report 14 July, nope they gave me a logical 90 date report date 90 days after I just provided them with more details than that of a 90 day report. Be happy they are actually applying common sense

4 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

There's just no convincing you is there. You must update passbook same day as bank letter, nope mine was 6 days apart, you must do 90 day report 14 July, nope they gave me a logical 90 date report date 90 days after I just provided them with more details than that of a 90 day report. Be happy they are actually applying common sense

Let us know how it goes Jul/Sep

Just to clarify the 90 day report date, I googled many other forums and all say your first 90 day report is required 90 days after issuance of the first 12 month extension. This is exactly what Jomtien did with me which is why I'm to report 24 Sep after an extension stamp of 26 June (not 14 July which is the last day of my 90 day non-imm O).

26 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Just to clarify the 90 day report date, I googled many other forums and all say your first 90 day report is required 90 days after issuance of the first 12 month extension. This is exactly what Jomtien did with me which is why I'm to report 24 Sep after an extension stamp of 26 June (not 14 July which is the last day of my 90 day non-imm O).

That's correct and the last time an extension will trigger a 90 day report.

There are few offices that sync ongoing extensions with a 90 report.  Not common 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's correct and the last time an extension will trigger a 90 day report.

There are few offices that sync ongoing extensions with a 90 report.  Not common 

Agree! When doing your first extension of stay to a Non-Immigrant O Visa, Jomtien will set up your next 90 day report to be 90 days from date of extension application.  Future renewal(s) of your extension will have no relationship to the 90 day address reporting date.  When you do the 90 day report Jomtien gave you, your next report will be 90 days from the date you report which can be from 14 days before to 7 days after the due date.   The fine for late filing can be up to 5000 baht but Jomtien normally fines 2000 baht.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1