Foreigner’s key theft at Chon Buri hotel unlocks social media storm - video

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, arick said:

Thai companies do it all the time use your rooms as a hotel when they don't have any lease or any permission and they do you think you see the rent this is such a joke.

From what I read this is a hotel not a privately owned condo.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, cookie1974 said:

Amazing how such a trivial incident makes the nightly news anything they can show to put farangs in the worst possible light surely murders,thefts or assaults commited by the locals would be more newsworthy🤣

You reckon stealing hotel keys is a trivial incident 🤔

Then he stayed there overnight without permission or payment.

About time the media publicised these weirdo foreigners. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

In this case the Op is most certainly not a translation of what the woman was screaming.

Ok then Richard, what was she saying? 
Do you know, or are you just pretending to know?

13 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'd say it was pretty accurate. There was one phrase in the middle that I didn't quite catch and there was some repetition but most of it was pretty much spot on.

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You reckon stealing hotel keys is a trivial incident 🤔

Then he stayed there overnight without permission or payment.

About time the media publicised these weirdo foreigners. 

In the greater scheme of things yes i do,how many violent incidents and other unlawful acts were commited today by the thai population which didnt make the news? You obviously exist in a very tiny insecure bubble or you dont like foreigners 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

The farang is in the wrong but we have the Thai bashing farang apologists out it force with a lot of whataboutism nonsense.

yes there are a large number of sycophantic farangs here who try to win brownie points by trying to fit in with the thai point of view the type who like to think because they live here they are somehow "thai" i meet them them everyday i call them "delusional"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

The farang is in the wrong but we have the Thai bashing farang apologists out it force with a lot of whataboutism nonsense.

In the wrong he may be, but does that justify the ridiculous hysterical response from the owner? and is a story like this really worthy of the evening news??

think about it for a second. what does running a story like this on the evening news achieve?

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Agree 1

All I could hear was an animal screaming that smoked for decades, oh sorry, i mean person with a isaan accent. No wonder the guy ignores her, she sounds like she went entirely mental. Sure the guy might be wrong as much but just saying, what a typical Thai news video was this again.

Would not be surprised if it turns out to even a a FK up from the hotel, that he paid already and still had a key for his remaining days. No logic in the story, the guy behaves normal and calm, hangs his towel to dry even, who would do that in a case like this, with a nut job screaming at you on top. Maybe he was army.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

14 hours ago, NE1 said:

If the cops aren't bothered , then maybe no law was broken ( might be a civil thing ) if that is the case why did immigration turn up and why are they going to deport him ?

There was no mention of him overstaying or breaking immigration laws .

I do believe Immigration can revoke a visitor's visa if the visitor is seen to behave badly, there is no need for a crime or a police report to be submitted, but in this case there is also an accusation of theft.

14 hours ago, NE1 said:

If the cops aren't bothered , then maybe no law was broken ( might be a civil thing ) if that is the case why did immigration turn up and why are they going to deport him ?

There was no mention of him overstaying or breaking immigration laws .

I do believe Immigration can revoke a visitor's visa if the visitor is seen to behave badly, there is no need for a crime or a police report to be submitted, but in this case, there is also an accusation of theft.

2 minutes ago, Lopburikid said:

I do believe Immigration can revoke a visitor's visa if the visitor is seen to behave badly, there is no need for a crime or a police report to be submitted, but in this case, there is also an accusation of theft.

That means guilty without a trial or verdict in this case, the police never charged him with anything and he clearly behaves calm. All we know, is some crazy screaming nutjob claiming otherwise so far, the police would really not have ignored it if it was proven / true.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Why would matter if he prepaid? When you are told to leave by management or owner you must, or it is trespassing. 

it matters because he's being accused of stealing a key and staying without paying. If it was pre-paid it was his room key and he'd already paid........making this a non-story. 

Edited by Jackbenimble
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, cookie1974 said:

how many violent incidents and other unlawful acts were commited today by the thai population which didnt make the news?

This is an English only forum. 

38 minutes ago, cookie1974 said:

You obviously exist in a very tiny insecure bubble or you dont like foreigners

I don't like these law breaking foreigners. 

You are paranoid, watch your back dude, they're coming to get you. 

I'll see you in the news headlines soon. 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

Think there is far more to this story than reported - I really cannot see anyone getting deported for the stealing of a room for the night. A lot of people commit a crime here and the fine is far more than the cost of a hotel room(+compensation for stress) and are still walking around on holiday

I dont even believe what the news says, except that that crazy girl maybe wanted that. There is zero follow ups, there is zero charges reported by police etc etc etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

This is sadly a common trait for Thai women, especially those from rural Thailand and the relatively uneducated.

The only way they know how to deal with a situation/problem is by shouting in that awful hyena voice.

bob.

Yeah it is indeed true if you think about it, they always start doing this stuff in such situations.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Disgruntled because they never returned his deposit on a previous stay?

I've had so many times in the south, where people pay for example 5-7 days, but leave in between to full moon party for 1 day, where then some staff thinks that means they checked out. This sounds exactly like something like that potentially + both not speaking English on top.

Same when people visit some smaller islands, they leave the big suitcases in that place, and travel light for 1-2 nights.

I've even had situations where friends came home with someone else in their bed, because the room was double booked and given out / no proper key management. This while my friends bag was in the room lol.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

36 minutes ago, bob smith said:

In the wrong he may be, but does that justify the ridiculous hysterical response from the owner? and is a story like this really worthy of the evening news??

think about it for a second. what does running a story like this on the evening news achieve?

bob.

It's colourful. Good pictures. Dramatic interactions. Fills up news all around the world. People can talk about it at home and by the water cooler at work.

Sometimes wonder why it doesn't happen more where keys are still used. Not hard to cut a key and walk past inattentive staff. 

44 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Yeah, I actually took 10 seconds. It shows that yet another foreigner comes to Thailand and act like a total moron. Probably something that will be good for Thais to know.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It's colourful. Good pictures. Dramatic interactions. Fills up news all around the world. People can talk about it at home and by the water cooler at work.

All that these kind of news stories achieve is stirring even more hatred and animosity against foreigners.

Thais are hungry for such salacious news stories at the moment as it fits their warped, post-covid narrative. Foreigners are behaving badly, stealing our jobs, stealing our women, destroying our economy, taking our land, blah blah blah.

Kristallnacht, the Thai version, can't be that far off...

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Sometimes wonder why it doesn't happen more where keys are still used. Not hard to cut a key and walk past inattentive staff. 

There is plenty of budget rooms to not having to take that risk but it happens enough in the backpacker places trust me. Same where they let 1 person take a dorm in low season, to then come back at night with 3 people etc etc. If one wakes up early enough, nobody ever notices.

Just hangout with backpackers and return with them for a doobie in their guesthouse + usually free sleeping / shower is possible.

Edited by ChaiyaTH