Police Commission Votes to Remove 'Big Joke' from Service

webfact

Hard to definitively say guilty without revealing a shred of evidence. 

Hopefully, any civil case brought by Big Joke will show any evidence they have. Have not.

To have our to have not - isn't that some kind of movie?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, NemoH said:

Hahaha.. the fight continues .. I read that Joke was appointed by the junta.. whereas Tork is by Thaksin .. so they are getting the police force back .. 🤣🤣

anyway it’s just popcorn season for the rest of us … 🤣🤣

BJ was also suspended by the Junta and removed as head of Immigration. (He wanted an investigation into the bidding for the biometric systems that were eventually installed.  Said that there was corruption in the bidding process.)

Immigration has gone downhill since then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

Hopefully, any civil case brought by Big Joke will show any evidence they have. Have not.

I thought the movie was

"A few dollars more"..

• Haha 1

Just now, dallen52 said:

He won't go without a fight.

Last thing they want is him spilling the beans.

Probably some other high ranking and lucrative position will be offered him.

(To keep him quiet)

I would say from the overwhelming vote reaffirming his dismissal, that whatever he knows, it isn't enough to scare them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Nobody in a senior position in the police is honest.

You buy your promotions in a secret auction.  Lower members are given targets of how much they must collect and pass up the chain.  Everyone has a target they must pass up the chain of command, over and above that target they can keep.  If you don't play their game you don't get promoted.

Aspiring district chiefs often bid half a million dollars or more for the top job.  The numbers involved are vast.

The problem is this guy knows all the dirt on everyone, he's more than likely to have been told go quietly and you can keep your ill-gotten gains, but he isn't going quietly or easily, it's a big problem for all the seniors, I am surprised he is still alive, IMHO he must have spread the dirt with lawyers to be released on his untimely death.

"................go quietly and you can keep your ill-gotten gains,........."

The problem is that he doesn't need his "ill gotten gains", having such a wealthy wife, which is why he is unlikely to go quietly, and I think you are right about leaving the dirt with lawyers. 

It leaves the hierarchy in a difficult position - for once they are on the back foot, and can't buy their way out of trouble.

As a previous poster has said, he ain't gone yet!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rwill said:

I'd just like to thank him for making me keep money in the bank all year long instead of the 3 months out ot the year that it used to be.

If that is all that was done by BJ and Prayuth, then be thankful. What's coming up in September could shatter you completely. Fact us, we went through an era of unprecedented stability at immigration under first BJ then Prayuth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jippytum said:

Big joke lost his place in the money trough. 

He has plenty if his own money along with his wife and family fortune.   Do a Google search and you'll find he's quite wealthy in his own right and not from the presumed corruption 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Dan O said:

It'll be interesting turn if he starts to tell the history of what he knows and who's been involved. He'll land somewhere important just not where he planned as he doesnt fit the ideas of the current admin

Who he is in conflict with has far more power than his backers have. 

See @bamnutsak post earlier in the thread.

5 hours ago, NemoH said:

Hahaha.. the fight continues .. I read that Joke was appointed by the junta.. whereas Tork is by Thaksin .. so they are getting the police force back .. 🤣🤣

anyway it’s just popcorn season for the rest of us … 🤣🤣

Google who Torsak's brother is

• Thanks 1

At that level of power... it may be healthy to let them chew each other up a bit. I don't think there's such a thing as any honest person in those various positions. If there ever is one, it'll become apparent very quickly because he will be hated by all sides, except perhaps a few who don't carry so much power, as well as a handful who side with him in order to ride his coattails up the ladder, and maybe even a few weaker ones who he actually emboldens to be honest as they had wished they could, but didn't have the guts to go against the system until someone with an iron backbone took the reins. He will be loved by a large number of the populous but be derided as a "populist" and he will be vilified and disowned as though none of his haters were ever coworkers or friends before. Incredibly highly unlikely for such a man to be successful, but once in a blue moon it does happen.
This is not that case. Whoever gets chewed up and spit out... probably serves him right just as much it would serve the other guy right.

5 hours ago, Ironmike said:

The immigration was much better when he was in charge, I just recently returned on a visa issued by an agency and the problems I had in Bangkok because of this visa were amazing they wanted me to pay them 5000 baht and then nothing would be wrong until I said I was going to walk back into the main hall and start yelling to people to video my problems then amazingly enough I was told to come down and suddenly nothing was wrong with the visa and I was sent on my way,, this corruption is so wide spread now that Taksins is back it needs to stop. 

I disagree. Immigration was much easier to deal with before "Big Jerk" took over and either influenced or directed many changes that made things harder - pressure on some Embassies to eliminate income affidavits, mandatory health insurance for Non-O-A, and strict enforcement of TM-30.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, RobU said:

He didn't introduce them, they were introduced by his political masters. He enforced them, he did his job and didn't allow foreigners to bribe immigration officials to look the other way. 

Yes it could have come from Anupong P or Prawit, but it seems that the agent business just carried on as before  - we never heard that he was going after the "corrupt" IO's who were facilitating this - just a collective punishment of the law abiding extension applicant which had the likely effect of pushing MORE people to use agents.......................

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

BJ was also suspended by the Junta and removed as head of Immigration. (He wanted an investigation into the bidding for the biometric systems that were eventually installed.  Said that there was corruption in the bidding process.)

Immigration has gone downhill since then.

That is one interpretation, the other is that he was put there to oversee the bidding process by a Patron with expensive horological tastes. Quite possibly his departure was due to ruffling of feathers, but maybe not as you suggest.

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

Yes it could have come from Anupong P or Prawit, but it seems that the agent business just carried on as before  - we never heard that he was going after the "corrupt" IO's who were facilitating this - just a collective punishment of the law abiding extension applicant which had the likely effect of pushing MORE people to use agents.......................

Good point