Biden Vows to Return for Second Debate Against Trump Despite Disastrous Performance

Social Media

32 minutes ago, thaipo7 said:

1)  Two days before the debate, 06-25-24, the first attachment shows up.   It says, "16 Nobel economists see a Trump inflation bomb.  They are projecting this when all we have to is look at Biden and see this for real.

2)  Dated 12-9-2021  17 Nobel Prize winners  say the Build Back Better Act will help ease long term inflation.

3)  Dated 02-17-2022  17 Nobel Prize winners say the Build Back Agenda will ease long term inflationary pressures.

3)  Dated 03-01-2022  17 Nobel Prize winners in economics said my plan will ease long-term inflationary pressures.

Are these the same 17 Economist in all 4 statements?  Can be with one retiring or quitting before 3 days ago.  I would say all four made up by the same Leftists to use 3 FOR Biden and 1 against Trump.  Impossible you say?? 

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

There is no doubt that deficit spending is a major factor behind inflation.  Now that artificially low rates are gone, the higher interest rates to service the debt are compounding the problem.  Both candidates offer nothing but more inflation.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, candide said:

Inflation was low in every developped countries, it had nothing to do with Trump. Actually, inflation was higher in 2019 than in other developped countries! 😃

Screenshot_20240629-035312.png

Context? Yep, trump may not have had much to do with low inflation but comparing the USA to the rest of the world after the financial crisis is hard.  The USA had a minor cold and was off to the races in no time and much of the rest world really never recovered, hence the low inflation.

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

From now until the election, look to Yellen to pump as much money into the market as possible. Powell might be taken hostage and held in the White House basement until he cuts interest rates.

They'll probably be bathing Joe in the blood of virgins in hopes that it perks him up enough to speak coherently in the next debate.

Have to say that I'm gobsmacked that he is still thinking he's got it after yesterday. Either he's completely lost it, or they really don't have any alternatives. Perhaps if they went and asked Bernie nicely, he'd be willing to give it a go again. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

For Trump, that was a very restrained performance, though he did let his mouth get away on him.

I particularly enjoyed that bits when he was lying, as it was sure getting Biden worked up. Biden spent most of his non speaking time looking confused as though he couldn't understand what Trump was saying, and the rest looking gobsmacked as though he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Bit like seeing a possum dazzled by a car's headlights on a road at night.

better description than mine.  I agree...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Context? Yep, trump may not have had much to do with low inflation but comparing the USA to the rest of the world after the financial crisis is hard.  The USA had a minor cold and was off to the races in no time and much of the rest world really never recovered, hence the low inflation.

The record does show the freedom loving USA the strongest since the Covid19

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

So current things nothing to do with Biden? Make up your mind which bs story you are running with.

The econy is globalised and economic trends are global. It's meaningless to bragg about low or high levels of inflation or growth at a given time, if other comparable countries have similar numbers.

However, a good indicator of a government's performance is whether a country performs better or worse than comparable countries which subject to the same trend. In this respect, the U.S. has performed better than other comparable countries: with a similar level of inflation, it has achieved a much higher growth level.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

5b111277-2189-43a1-b700-70603fcc1244.png

5f20b174-2560-42cf-af83-4de31cbbf809(1).png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

The econy is globalised and economic trends are global. It's meaningless to bragg about low or high levels of inflation or growth at a given time, if other comparable countries have similar numbers.

However, a good indicator of a government's performance is whether a country performs better or worse than comparable countries which subject to the same trend. In this respect, the U.S. has performed better than other comparable countries: with a similar level of inflation, it has achieved a much higher growth level.

GDP means nothing to poor or working class. Inflation is high, job losses total 2.4m in 12 months, border mess. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, candide said:

Hence why the voters in November while they are in the booth they often ask themselves if they are better off today, then four years ago and what hapens if we change midstream?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

The record does show the freedom loving USA the strongest since the Covid19

The USA GDP growth compared to the EU is probably comparable to the difference in total debt added since Covid.  Print on baby!  Why worry when your investments( home especially ) are making you wealthy - it will never end. 

My bro just put a house on the market for $7 mil that would have sold for 3 mil 5 years ago.  Sure nobody wants to buy it because of rates but there hopefully be a cash buyer or he is screwed.  Lots under the economies hood at the moment and doubt it will end well but I've been wrong for years.

34 minutes ago, susanlea said:

GDP means nothing to poor or working class. Inflation is high, job losses total 2.4m in 12 months, border mess. 

Exactly right.  Even if wages are adjusted for inflation they rarely, if ever, match actual rises in the price of food, medical care, transportation and housing.

Edited by Hawaiian
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, atpeace said:

The USA GDP growth compared to the EU is probably comparable to the difference in total debt added since Covid.  Print on baby!  Why worry when your investments( home especially ) are making you wealthy - it will never end. 

My bro just put a house on the market for $7 mil that would have sold for 3 mil 5 years ago.  Sure nobody wants to buy it because of rates but there hopefully be a cash buyer or he is screwed.  Lots under the economies hood at the moment and doubt it will end well but I've been wrong for years.

"Probably comparable". I would say you may be "probably" wrong! 😃

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Hence why the voters in November while they are in the booth they often ask themselves if they are better off today, then four years ago and what hapens if we change midstream?

I don't disagree. However, I was discussing about the economic performance, not how it may be perceived.

Factually the U.S. performance is good and other developped countries would be happy to enjoy the same performance. How it is perceived is another story.

• Haha 1

Seem the debate is an afterthought for voters. Biden raised more grassroots fundraising hour after the debate. His post debate rallies were strong and full of vigour. The debate has zero impact on the election according to Allan Lichtman. Voters will vote the person with the right temperament and character. 

https://people.com/joe-biden-strongest-grassroots-fundraising-hour-after-debate-8671051

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1