Which size Colgate has a flip top?

JeffersLos

3 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

a 35 gram tube and 80 gram tube are on the way right now. 

Both have screw on tops. 

I opened them immediately and told the delivery man to take them back. He said no and refused. He was very impolite. That is illegal. I threw them at his head and he tried to assault me. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Thank you very much. I will buy the 60 gram herbal detox tube if the 35 gram and 80 gram are screw on. I will show it to the staff at the 7-11 so they know about the products they sell.

By now we all presume you are looney, so 7/11 staff will think the same. Flip top doesn't just refer to the toothpaste. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Both have screw on tops. 

I opened them immediately and told the delivery man to take them back. He said no and refused. He was very impolite. That is illegal. I threw them at his head and he tried to assault me. 

I don't blame him either.

What a stupid thing for you to do.

• Agree 1

On 6/29/2024 at 8:30 PM, JeffersLos said:

The last tube of Colgate I bought has a screw on top. It's very annoying compared to the flip top. I noticed this before and kept an old flip top, and screwed it on to a new screw on tube before. I told the helper to not throw it out when finished, to keep the flip top, so it can be put on to another screw on one should it happen again. It happened again. But the helper had thrown it it. Only to annoy me I'm sure. 

I asked the staff in the 7-11, but they didn't know or pretended not to care. I started opening the boxes but they physically stopped me. 

So now I need to buy a new flip top for my toothpaste. The 150 gram tube is screw top.

Which tubes of Colgate have a flip top? 

You only need to buy ONE Flip-Top tube.

NEXT:  Buy several tubes of Colgate, WITHOUT the Flip-Top, according to your preferences of size and flavors.

You can use the SAME Flip-Top, from your first Flip-Top tube, on all of the of the other tubes, when your Flip-Top tube is expended.

Just unscrew the Flip-Top from the first tube, and screw it onto the other tubes, as needed.

I know:  ToothPaste packaging and marketing is a scam, folks.  So, I do not fall for it.    (I used to export packaging for the cosmetics and toiletries industry to the US, a long time ago.  And the cost of the product is often mostly packaging.  Extruded tubes is what we are talking about here.  These are cheap. Printing silkscreening etc is costly.  I think the Flip-Top is quite a bit more expensive than those screw-on caps, the small ones, on many of the toothpaste tubes.  Everything is a racket in the cosmetics industry, you know.  If you worked in packaging, then you would know.)

Hope this helps.

Note:  I am talking about the large FlipTop, the one which will stand upright on the FlipTop cap, and not the small ones.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

the easiest way is to keep the old flip top cap and simply replace it on the new tube.

Problem solved with no hassle.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You only need to buy ONE Flip-Top tube.

NEXT:  Buy several tubes of Colgate, WITHOUT the Flip-Top, according to your preferences of size and flavors.

You can use the SAME Flip-Top, from your first Flip-Top tube, on all of the of the other tubes, when your Flip-Top tube is expended.

Just unscrew the Flip-Top from the first tube, and screw it onto the other tubes, as needed.

The 2nd sentence in the very first post.

"I noticed this before and kept an old flip top, and screwed it on to a new screw on tube before. I told the helper to not throw it out when finished, to keep the flip top, so it can be put on to another screw on one should it happen again. It happened again. But the helper had thrown it it. "

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

The 2nd sentence in the very first post.

"I noticed this before and kept an old flip top, and screwed it on to a new screw on tube before. I told the helper to not throw it out when finished, to keep the flip top, so it can be put on to another screw on one should it happen again. It happened again. But the helper had thrown it it. "

So you let your helper use your toothpaste, if not why didn't you save the cap after you finished the tube. This story is nothing but a bunch of bs

8 hours ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

I used to use the pump dispenser type when I worked in China. No fiddly caps and less wastage...can't seem to find them in Thailand though.

Colgate_Toothpaste_Pump_Dispenser.jpg

I remember these... very wasteful as you could never use all the paste.  The bottom 2cm was stuck inside the tube. 

The idea/concept was good tho. 

On 6/29/2024 at 10:28 PM, JeffersLos said:

Yes, nobody on here knows. I have placed an order for a 35 gram tube for 18 baht to be delivered tomorrow. If it is not a flip top I will return it for a refund. 

That's nice money then, after all, for that amount you don't have to send it back in most cases, but you do get your money back.

On 6/29/2024 at 8:30 PM, JeffersLos said:

The last tube of Colgate I bought has a screw on top. It's very annoying compared to the flip top. I noticed this before and kept an old flip top, and screwed it on to a new screw on tube before. I told the helper to not throw it out when finished, to keep the flip top, so it can be put on to another screw on one should it happen again. It happened again. But the helper had thrown it it. Only to annoy me I'm sure. 

I asked the staff in the 7-11, but they didn't know or pretended not to care. I started opening the boxes but they physically stopped me. 

So now I need to buy a new flip top for my toothpaste. The 150 gram tube is screw top.

Which tubes of Colgate have a flip top? 

The one's without a screw cap  :omfg:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Colgate Advanced Whitening 80 grams from 7-11.

Thank you. Are you sure?

I am now barred from the nearest 7-11. I tell them to give me the official barring in writing but they all tell me to get out and refuse to serve me. 

How much is this? 

Colgate Herbal Detox 60g is 59 baht. Is it cheaper? 

Which size Colgate has a flip top?

The 150 Gram  tube use to have the flip top.

I order online but the last time they only came with the Screw top.

The Tooth paste itself has changed it's different /Thinner not so firm /taste a bit different as well

Maybe they stopped making the flip Tops

I have heard of people who have limp wrists. The OP should enrol in a local gym forthwith, and consider anabolic steroids.

He obviously needs all the muscular development available, to cope with a screw top.

I am quite surprised to read this thread, as I thought most posters were ex-SAS or Navy SEALS.

Edited by Lacessit

On 6/30/2024 at 1:48 PM, Moonlover said:

Where on earth did you get that nonsense from? It's a standard policy in the retail sector that if products such as this show any signs of having been tampered with, it is automatically destroyed. 

That is why the staff in 7-11 stopped you from opening the cartons and quite rightly so.

next he'll be tasting the peanut butter to see if it's to his liking ....    haha