Thai Air Compliment

Yagoda

42 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I recently flew Thai Air, BKK to Frankfurt. 11 hours. I had a whole row so that colours my perception that the flight was great, but:

The Shrimp Entree was fabulous.

so lucky. i haven't seen an empty row on a flight in a long time. flew to canada a few months ago and it was sardines. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, stoner said:

so lucky. i haven't seen an empty row on a flight in a long time. flew to canada a few months ago and it was sardines. 

Wait.

Two days later, after a fab relaxing day in an FKK, I flew to NYC.

With an empty row again. On Singapore.

Reward of the Airline gods for my last trip sleeping on the floor in Istanbul Airport and paying $40 for a cheese omelet.

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2024 at 4:07 PM, Yagoda said:

I recently flew Thai Air, BKK to Frankfurt. 11 hours. I had a whole row so that colours my perception that the flight was great, but:

Out of curiosity at what point they served you a cold beverage how often they cruised during night to serve drinks?

Last 5 flights BKK-FRA,CPH-BKK,BKK-CDG,MXP-BKK,IST-BKK they served the food after 1 hour without beverages it took them another 45 min to come around and serve beverages,at night nobody served anything,instead I had to go to the back of the plane to beg for something to drink and they didn't look happy I disturbed their chit,chat.latest flight May 2024 I purchased 4 cans of coke cero each for 4Euros at Istanbul Airport so I don't dehydrate during the flight.I only use them because sometimes they offer good fares and are the only ones with a nonstop flight.

• Confused 1

On 6/29/2024 at 9:50 PM, stoner said:

......so lucky. i haven't seen an empty row on a flight in a long time. flew to canada a few months ago and it was sardines. 

This tells me you prefer shrimp cocktails over sardines 😀

Joking aside, I had need to contact the Thai Air office in London several times last month. At my first attempt by phone I was dreading the lack of contact and run-arounds of my attempts two years ago. To my pleasant suprise, this time, on all three calls I was connected with an agent almost immediately and each quite complicated request by me was dealt with efficiently and politely to my satisfaction. Each contact was answered by individuals smacking of an Indian Call Centre or perhaps Thai Air employ ethnic Indians in their London office. Either way it earns my praise.

On 6/29/2024 at 9:07 PM, Yagoda said:

I love Thai Airways, too. Probably my second favorite airline after Qantas. I also like Air Asia if you pay for the better seats.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/29/2024 at 10:31 PM, Lacessit said:

I flew Thai Air Melbourne to Bangkok about a year ago. I'd have to say the cabin staff were far better at customer service than Jetstar.

That would not be too hard to do 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/29/2024 at 9:07 PM, Yagoda said:

what class did you fly ? 

I've always flown on airlines from the US to here and back. United, Eastern, Japan, etc. and the best food was always the Japan Airlines flights by far. China flights always the worse. Flown domestically Thai Air, Thai Smile and Thai Lion didn't have food besides what you could buy and the flights were too short anyway.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1