Just stamped into Thailand on retirement visa for more than 90 days...?

Hi folks, I just went through immigration on the 25th of this month. I showed the officer my visa and he nodded and stamped me in. In the box on the stamp, he wrote Oct. 11, which is the date my visa expires. I'm now confused about the 90 day report. Is it up to me to figure the 90 days and do the report? Or does this mean I don't need to do it? In the past, I believe the stamp always showed me by which day I had to report. Hmm, well, I'm somewhat new to retirement visa...previously on marriage visa where I had to leave the country every 90 days. The stamp would always show by which day I needed to leave.

Can anyone clarify if I need to count the 90 days myself and do the report or....I don't need to do a report at all?

Thank you all!

4 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Hi folks, I just went through immigration on the 25th of this month. I showed the officer my visa and he nodded and stamped me in. In the box on the stamp, he wrote Oct. 11, which is the date my visa expires. I'm now confused about the 90 day report. Is it up to me to figure the 90 days and do the report? Or does this mean I don't need to do it? In the past, I believe the stamp always showed me by which day I had to report. Hmm, well, I'm somewhat new to retirement visa...previously on marriage visa where I had to leave the country every 90 days. The stamp would always show by which day I needed to leave.

Can anyone clarify if I need to count the 90 days myself and do the report or....I don't need to do a report at all?

Thank you all!

You need to do the 90 days report yourself ..remember 25th is your first day. So mid Sept to report.

And don't forget to do your Retirement Extension before the 11th Oct.

• Like 2

Thanks friends. Dr. Jack, you even counted me out a date...much obliged! I assumed that was the case but I'm not used to this method. Why is it that I previously would have the 90 day date stamped in my passport..."permission to stay until"....something like that. Is that due to me previously having a multi-entry visa based on marriage (a new visa every year in Savannakhet) and having to LEAVE the country every 90 days, as opposed to just doing the report on retirement visa? Or have they changed the way they stamp passports/entries?

Thank you kindly!

11 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Thanks friends. Dr. Jack, you even counted me out a date...much obliged! I assumed that was the case but I'm not used to this method. Why is it that I previously would have the 90 day date stamped in my passport..."permission to stay until"....something like that. Is that due to me previously having a multi-entry visa based on marriage (a new visa every year in Savannakhet) and having to LEAVE the country every 90 days, as opposed to just doing the report on retirement visa? Or have they changed the way they stamp passports/entries?

Thank you kindly!

Now that you have it, I think you need to get up to speed on the requirements of a Retirement Visa/Extension and the 90 day reporting process, before you forget to do something important. There are multiple threads on this subject for you to check out, which will clarify your questions. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks CP, you're correct. I have done a few of the 90 reports already, actually. I think this may be the first time that I don't have the TM6, perhaps that is the why I don't have the stamp indicating 90 days from my entry date. Or perhaps I'm just losing my mind and forgetting details.

Anyway, the important thing is that now I know to count the days out on my own.

Many thanks again, cheers!

24 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Now that you have it, I think you need to get up to speed on the requirements of a Retirement Visa/Extension and the 90 day reporting process, before you forget to do something important. There are multiple threads on this subject for you to check out, which will clarify your questions. 

As an afterthought you MUST obtain a re-entry permit (single or multiple) if you want to travel out of the country when on a valid Retirement Visa/Extension. Without the re-entry you will go back to square one when coming back to Thailand (ie: your Retirement Visa/extension will be voided.)

Actually looking at your OP post more clearly, you must have had a re-entry on the 25th, so my above advice is probably not required but I'll leave it anyway, as it maybe useful to others.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, couchpotato said:

As an afterthought you MUST obtain a re-entry permit (single or multiple) if you want to travel out of the country when on a valid Retirement Visa/Extension. Without the re-entry you will go back to square one when coming back to Thailand (ie: your Retirement Visa/extension will be voided.)

Actually looking at your OP post more clearly, you must have had a re-entry on the 25th, so my above advice is probably not required but I'll leave it anyway, as it maybe useful to others.

Yes, I do have the multi-entry. Paid for that when I got the visa. Not worth the risk of forgetting to save a few bucks. Thank you.

8 hours ago, bamboozled said:

... I think this may be the first time that I don't have the TM6, perhaps that is the why I don't have the stamp indicating 90 days from my entry date. Or perhaps I'm just losing my mind and forgetting details.

#1 - You re-entered Thailand and the Re-Entry permit you bought before exiting, protected the Permission to stay based on the extension of the Non Imm O Visa you had.  So you were stamped in till Oct 11, which was the Permission to stay date based on that Non Imm O Visa.

#2 - The Thailand re-entry date of 25th June counts as DAY-1 for doing your 90-day reports.  So you need to notify your local Imm Office before due date of Monday September 22, 2024.  

As you re-entered Thailand you will not be able to do the 90-day report on-line, and will have to do it in person at your local Imm Office.  Note that this can be done from 14 days before Sept 22 due date till 6 days afterwards.

#3 - In your case, having to apply for a 1-year extension of your Non Imm O Visa, you can do the application 1 month (45 days at some Offices) before expiry date of Oct 11. 

Note that when you apply for the 1-year extension of your Non Imm O Visa in the period from 12 to 26 September, that you can combine that 1-year extension application with the 90-day report, thus avoiding a separate visit to your local Imm Office to do the latter.

#4 - When entering Thailand by air, you do not get a TM-6 form anymore (it is only at Thai land-borders that you still need to fill out that form on entry).

• Like 2

Thank you, Red. That's very helpful. I may be confusing visas/rules but can I exit and re-enter Thailand before my retirement visa expires and get an extra 90 days? That was the case with the Non-O based on marriage that I used to have.

2 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Thank you, Red. That's very helpful. I may be confusing visas/rules but can I exit and re-enter Thailand before my retirement visa expires and get an extra 90 days? That was the case with the Non-O based on marriage that I used to have.

No, when you are on a Permission to stay from a Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, the only way to extend it is by applying for a 1-year extension of stay.  And this has to be done in the period from 1 month before till actual expiry date (some Imm Offices allow to apply 45 days beforehand). 

Note that if you are married to a Thai national or have Thai dependent children that it is possible to apply for a 60-day extension of stay even when your Permission to stay is based on a Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement. 

As mentioned earlier > When you exit Thailand the Permission to stay from that Non Imm O Visa is invalidated, UNLESS you bought before exiting a Re-Entry Permit which will protect the Permission to stay. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

Great info; thank you again... I paid for a multi re-entry permit at the time of the retirement visa for the peace of mind of not having to worry about it. Money well spent, IMO.

Just to be clear. You don't have a visa.

You have a permission of stay and that permit can be protected by obtaining a reentry permit if you plan to exit Thailand and reenter.

Thinking the confusion down to previously using ME non O retirement which is a visa valid for one year.

Different animals.