Bangkok bank fooled / cheated me

Wouldn't it be pro rata. So as long as you had in the bank you'll get the 1.5 per cent but each 6 months only. Paid monthly is probably more normal but how have you been ripped off. If you closed the account they'd probably credit you what you are owed unless it is like a term deposit with rules for taking funds out of the account. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

not that dumb... I did not get 1/2 of 1.5% (for a period of 6 months, pro rata)

I got like 1/10 of a half of 1.5%

are there banks giving more interest in thailand?

my home country gives about the same LOW as here

all my money is here

since 2011

cheated in the way the bank pretends I never send Euros to my Thai FCD account, even I have the proof they 'bought' my euros from my FCD account and converted to THB in 2011

as it is more then 10 years ago, they say they cannot make an FET anymore to be able to buy a condo

for the people calling me whatever... it is 10M+ baht of savings I can spend, but not buy a condo

yeah yeah, you have hundreds of millions of assets and houses... sure

• Confused 3

37 minutes ago, john donson said:

not that dumb... I did not get 1/2 of 1.5% (for a period of 6 months, pro rata)

I got like 1/10 of a half of 1.5%

are there banks giving more interest in thailand?

my home country gives about the same LOW as here

all my money is here

since 2011

cheated in the way the bank pretends I never send Euros to my Thai FCD account, even I have the proof they 'bought' my euros from my FCD account and converted to THB in 2011

as it is more then 10 years ago, they say they cannot make an FET anymore to be able to buy a condo

for the people calling me whatever... it is 10M+ baht of savings I can spend, but not buy a condo

yeah yeah, you have hundreds of millions of assets and houses... sure

Dear John...we just don't understand the what the flick you are going on about. Posts are too convoluted.

• Agree 2

On 7/1/2024 at 10:55 PM, NoDisplayName said:

E-Savings deposits under 1 million baht will pay 1.50% per year and those over 1 million baht will pay 0.65% per year.

That would be OK for my 800k, i only get 0.9% with Krungsri but the account is not available to farangs.

On 7/1/2024 at 9:53 AM, john donson said:

A few months ago, went to  Bangkok bank to open a esavings account with 1.5% interest ... Wrote a paper in English and google translated, printed out their publicity with 1.5% clear stated, person in bank spoke ok angrit and still...

now I just found out, as they pay out twice a year, I got  peanuts for all these months instead of the 1.5%

anyone else ?

How much was your deposit. <1M baht 1.5% interest per annum. >1M baht the interest rate is 0.65% per annum.

Looking at BB website for this product it seems to be available only to Thai citizens.

Did the bank also withold tax on the interest accrued?

Edited by freeworld

Lets do a calc at 1.5% interest rate paid bi annually

800000 baht generates 12000 baht interest for the year.

For half the year that is 6000 baht minus 15% tax, so your 6 month net interest paid is 5100 baht.

How much interest did they pay out?

13 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Lets do a calc at 1.5% interest rate paid bi annually

800000 baht generates 12000 baht interest for the year.

For half the year that is 6000 baht minus 15% tax, so your 6 month net interest paid is 5100 baht.

How much interest did they pay out?

I've had 800K in a BKK Bank account since June 2019. The bankbook says 1.5000%.  After 5 years my bankbook reads 820,602.30!  I've never touched it; it's there to make my visa easier.  Tax is deducted.  I feel sure I am being underpaid.