Travel to France this month, airlines and parking

notrub

03 07 2024,  Planning a trip to France and I see air fairs are and time not too bad even with the high season and the Olympics too (not going for that).  Is there much to choose from between Emirates, Qatar, Lufthansa, KLM these days?  Do some have more leg room and better food?  

I know that I asked b4 but ideas about low cost parking in Krung Tep for a month please? Parking with 24 hr access (or not) anywhere on the AP train line would be good too.  Thanks very much🙏🏼

Just now, notrub said:

03 07 2024,  Planning a trip to France and I see air fairs are and time not too bad even with the high season and the Olympics too (not going for that).  Is there much to choose from between Emirates, Qatar, Lufthansa, KLM these days?  Do some have more leg room and better food?  

I know that I asked b4 but ideas about low cost parking in Krung Tep for a month please? Parking with 24 hr access (or not) anywhere on the AP train line would be good too.  Thanks very much🙏🏼

From the ones you listed, I'd go with Qatar.
With Emirates, Lufthansa and KLM, you can expect standard minimum comfort and service and a higher risk of petty additional costs (for example them weighing your carry-on).

16 minutes ago, notrub said:

Is there much to choose from between Emirates, Qatar, Lufthansa, KLM these days?  Do some have more leg room and better food?  

I fly both Qatar and Emirates a lot...   Not much separates them at all in economy.

I can't speak for Lufthansa & KLM - the preference there would be if you wanted to break up the flight or want to (are able to sleep) for longer periods on the flight.

Thank you for your comments tgw and rs237.  I have booked Emerates as most others arrive after car hire desks are closed (check in 0300hrs).  Here is another question; about paying for seat choice. Emerates want about 20€+++ per leg to 'select' an ordinary seat.  Is this a threat to put a person in the middle of a 5 seat arrangement if they don't pay?  I need to pee often at inconveient intervals and really need an aisle seat.  I see that almost the entire encomy section is open to select. Do you think that they will they give me an aisle seat if I explain about my problem?  Thanks for your thoughts. 🙏🏼 

PS  Found nearby hotel ~500baht / night and 50baht/day parking for the month btw. 

5 minutes ago, notrub said:

and really need an aisle seat.

If you really need it then why not just book and pay for it?  Failing that you can select a seat for free when you check in online, 48 hours in advance.  You can check back from time to time to see if there are still plenty of aisle seats left, if they are going fast then you'll have to pay for one.

Thanks Upnotover, that is what I think too but with Emerates it seems that free seat selection does not exist in tourist, or whatever they call it these days.  I object to being ripped off to the tune of about 50€ in each direction.  It would be especially galling to pay and get on the flight to find it 1/2 empty, as sometimes happens.

🙏🏼

6 minutes ago, notrub said:

Thanks Upnotover, that is what I think too but with Emerates it seems that free seat selection does not exist in tourist, or whatever they call it these days.  I object to being ripped off to the tune of about 50€ in each direction.  It would be especially galling to pay and get on the flight to find it 1/2 empty, as sometimes happens.

🙏🏼

Yes, if you booked their "saver" fare then all seats are chargeable.  However, you can still chose your own seat for free at online check in.

Ahhh!  Thank you very much upandover.  Does this online checking take place just a number of hours b4 the flight?  Sorry to be so lazy but could you explin how it works please and can one check in on the second leg too?

Flying has chnged a lot since one wore a tie (men) and we walked out onto the tarmac and  waved goodbye to friends standing in the terminal doorway.  A non smoker now, but I can remember when you could smoke in your seat and then it changed to standing around the toilet poisoning the air.  How awful.

Thanks a lot😊🙏🏼