Election Commission Urged to Nullify Senate Race Over Alleged Rigging

Posted (edited)

Nullify the results......Oooh....that'll be difficult..all the "fees" have been paid and accepted!

Such a dumb idea to have elections for a senate in this manner.....this is like ancient Rome, someones wet dream!

Edited by ChrisY1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Thailand can't even organise a decent election. Shame on you, some on the EC, shame on the CC, and shame on the senators for blatant rigging even if it is not specifically prohibited in the constitutional documents.

Edited by retarius
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone found to have rorted the system should be given a minimum of 5 years behind bars and banned for life, including any others linked or involved with it. 

But TIT, where everything is above board, sweet and kosher. 

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Thailand can't even organise a decent election. Shame on you, some on the EC, shame on the CC, and shame on the senators for blatant rigging even if it is not specifically prohibited in the constitutional documents.

It wasn't an election it was a selection a selection that from the outset was obvious it was open to manipulation and corruption. This part they organised quite well as the selection process does indeed seem to have been manipulated by corruption. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, webfact said:

due to alleged pre-planned electoral rigging

Let's assume for a moment that happened, and maybe that money was paid to do that rigging.

What if the vote will be cancelled and done again?

Will the people who received money have to give it back?

Will a second vote be included in the amount paid the first time?

Will they have to get more money for a new vote?

And will there be a bidding going on to influence the vote in a new direction?

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

This is a  farce and a sham corruption at its best, i wonder if the thai people know what democracy is

I think the Thai people know what democracy is and isn't and it's clear from the last election, what's happened after the election and subsequent polls that they know Thailand isn't a democracy and want reform. They want the corrupt dinosaurs out.

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

Anyone found to have rorted the system should be given a minimum of 5 years behind bars and banned for life, including any others linked or involved with it. 

Firing squad at dawn would be more effective.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The crux of the allegations involves unnamed political operatives linked to Bhumjaithai, who orchestrated these riggings. It is alleged that certain candidates received clandestine voting instructions during prior hotel meetings before the final election stage on June 26.

Ohhhh dear...

2 hours ago, dddave said:

The Thai power structure really liked the British idea of a "House of Lords" and that is what the Senate actually is.  A way for the people who have power to make sure that only their people continue to hold the reins.  The Senate's nullification of FFP's majority election victory is a glaring example.

That's more the Privy Council than the Senate.

Since the only ones that could vote were the people running for office it seems like it should have been a tie with everyone voting for themselves.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

they know Thailand isn't a democracy

What Thais got for decades is a Kleptocracy, also referred to as thievocracy. It is a government whose corrupt leaders (kleptocrats) use political power to expropriate the wealth of the people and land they govern, typically by embezzling or misappropriating government funds at the expense of the wider population.

Kleptocracies are generally associated with dictatorships, oligarchies, military juntas, or other forms of autocratic and nepotist governments in which external oversight is impossible or does not exist.

Russian is a classic example. Definitely not a democracy.

(from Wikipedia)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Since the only ones that could vote were the people running for office it seems like it should have been a tie with everyone voting for themselves.

It's a fair point but some didn't even do that. Here's a million baht to not vote for yourself but vote for me. Absolutely obvious from the start. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/6/2024 at 7:02 AM, dinsdale said:

Should never had happened in the 1st place. Only one way to elect the Senate and that's through a national election with no stupid stipulations about who can run. The Senate is for the people and should be voted for by the people.

""no stupid stipulations about who can run. ""

I agree generally, apart from your statement identified here  !
EVERYBODY should have their ""Proper Qualifications"" shown !

It's no use placing people in positions in which they do NOT have a clue about the subject concerned  !
i/e/ You would not want someone sitting on the Economy Committee, if they only had a Cashier's experience at a Mom and Pop shop !

12 minutes ago, rovinman said:

""no stupid stipulations about who can run. ""

I agree generally, apart from your statement identified here  !
EVERYBODY should have their ""Proper Qualifications"" shown !

It's no use placing people in positions in which they do NOT have a clue about the subject concerned  !
i/e/ You would not want someone sitting on the Economy Committee, if they only had a Cashier's experience at a Mom and Pop shop !

Ridiculous comment. Politics doesn't work that way. All heath ministers need to be doctors then? Defence ministers should be military? Everybody should have the right to run for the Senate. It's up to the electorate if they get voted in or not. This is democracy. 

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Ridiculous comment. Politics doesn't work that way. All heath ministers need to be doctors then? Defence ministers should be military? Everybody should have the right to run for the Senate. It's up to the electorate if they get voted in or not. This is democracy. 

BUT Thailand is Not A democracy 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, stoner said:

lies.

anutin and newin are both top shelf. clean as a whistle. nothing but selfless leaders. keep up the good fight. 

This is Total lies,  Corrupt as they come, think u are living in a dream world

3 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

BUT Thailand is Not A democracy 

That's correct. And the Senate election selection was NOT democratic. What's your point? I'm saying that in a democracy the people vote for the candidates whoever they may be and anyone can run for office. When did I say Thailand is a democracy. I'm saying just the opposite so no reason to SHOUT NOT AT ME.

On 7/6/2024 at 10:02 AM, dinsdale said:

I think the Thai people know what democracy is and isn't and it's clear from the last election, what's happened after the election and subsequent polls that they know Thailand isn't a democracy and want reform. They want the corrupt dinosaurs out.

Democracy is Not given its fought for, do really think the Thais will do anything about it, you are living in a dream world if you thinking Thailand will have a Democratic government Thais only care about themselves, and i will shout at you if i please  

12 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Democracy is Not given its fought for, do really think the Thais will do anything about it, you are living in a dream world if you thinking Thailand will have a Democratic government Thais only care about themselves, and i will shout at you if i please  

I wouldn't fight for any bunch of rich people wanting to run any country either.