Everybody is born and dies the same way

10 hours ago, Moonlover said:

You're comparing apples with oranges. There's a big difference between treasured and/or useful items and 'junk'. And by junk I mean unused stuff that fills up garages, loft spaces, spare rooms (sometimes even known as junk rooms) and sheds. 

I've kept very little junk in my life, I've been far too mobile for that and yet I have enjoyed my life to the full. 

The 2 items that I have kept the longest are my Leatherman multitool and my yoga mat (now used for my daily Qigong practice)

'Life is really simple and yet we insist on making it complicated'. Confucius 

Interesting,  what benefits of Qigong have you experienced?

Just now, susanlea said:

He rides 50 to 100km 3 times a week. If he stopped riding he would get fat on the same diet. So he is kind of stuck with that hobby.

In all fairness,  we were designed to move

16 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Interesting,  what benefits of Qigong have you experienced?

Fitness, good heath, freedom from diseases. calm and tolerant disposition and despite being a 78 year old I've still got my smarts and very good reflexes, which I need when riding my motorcycle. 

But probably the most important attribute as that I do not worry about anything. not even death. It happens to all of us. I simply 'live for today'. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Fitness, good heath, freedom from diseases. calm and tolerant disposition and despite being a 78 year old I've still got my smarts and very good reflexes, which I need when riding my motorcycle. 

But probably the most important attribute as that I do not worry about anything. not even death. It happens to all of us. I simply 'live for today'. 

Best way to be. 

7 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Where you overweight before? Or have you always been a healthy weight?

I checked my weight a few years ago and my BMI was just in the overweight range, cutting out junk etc and i was back in the healthy range plus blood test results are in the right range

9 hours ago, susanlea said:

He claims his life is superior. That is the funny part. Different people like different things.

When reading his stuff I often think of the 1980's shampoo ad:

“Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful” 

8 hours ago, susanlea said:

Walking is the most natural. Bike riding is fake.

Walking isn't cardio, it's ok but heart barely moves up. I can do a 8km walk and I've burned 300 calories or a 3 hour cycle 2,000 calories

9 hours ago, susanlea said:

He rides 50 to 100km 3 times a week. If he stopped riding he would get fat on the same diet. So he is kind of stuck with that hobby.

Incorrect, i ride 4 days around 100km, if i stopped cycling I'd reduce the carbs i eat, why would i stop anyway? it's one of the best hobbies in Thailand. Golf is 30k+ baht a month

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Incorrect, i ride 4 days around 100km, if i stopped cycling I'd reduce the carbs i eat, why would i stop anyway? it's one of the best hobbies in Thailand. Golf is 30k+ baht a month

I play at North Hills Country Club three times a week and do not even come close to 30k a month... and that includes my beer.

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

When reading his stuff I often think of the 1980's shampoo ad:

“Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful” 

I can see a guy in bright  lycra

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I checked my weight a few years ago and my BMI was just in the overweight range, cutting out junk etc and i was back in the healthy range plus blood test results are in the right range

Interesting, 

So what do you do to stay in shape? Diet? Exercise?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

I play at North Hills Country Club three times a week and do not even come close to 30k a month... and that includes my beer.

Never heard of North Hills but Green fee? caddy? cart? transport?

a Pattaya bar would be about 1500 green fee, caddy 800, Cart 600, transport and bet 500 = 3400x3=10,200 a week, 40,000+ baht a month, give or take deals

6 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Interesting, 

So what do you do to stay in shape? Diet? Exercise?

To keep to a healthy weight it's mainly diet, I'd say 80%, high carb low fat for me, avoid junk food, processed food, pastries, chocolate, ice cream, deep fried chips, pizza, etc. If you want junk once a week is ok, same drinking, once a week is best.

Exercise, cycle 100km four times a week that keeps my cardio vascular system in good shape. I also checked blood before and after diet change and everything improved in the right direction, it was ok before but even better now

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

avoid junk food, processed food, pastries, chocolate, ice cream, deep fried chips, pizza, etc.

Dark chocolate's good. Very dark, somewhat bitter, not candy, like 85% Lindt. Unfortunately, the price of chocolate has risen a lot. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Never heard of North Hills but Green fee? caddy? cart? transport?

a Pattaya bar would be about 1500 green fee, caddy 800, Cart 600, transport and bet 500 = 3400x3=10,200 a week, 40,000+ baht a month, give or take deals

40 000 for playing 18 holes, I rather pay 40 000 playing one hole 18 times a month 😉

15 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Dark chocolate's good. Very dark, somewhat bitter, not candy, like 85% Lindt. Unfortunately, the price of chocolate has risen a lot. 

Very expensive.

35 minutes ago, BigStar said:

even dark chocolate is high in fat, something i avoid most of the time

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

30g pr day? to expensive? Thats about the amount which is considered as healthy

Bit of a myth that, dark chocolate is high fat, people wet themselves over milk chocolate which just has higher sugar

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Low fat is good, not no fat

25% of your calories from fat is a good number for most. 45% carb, and 25% protein. I do 40% carb, 30% fat, 30% protein

My Maintenence 2815 kcal/day

Protein 148g day

carbs 211g day

fat 153g day

• Thanks 1