Foreigner Knocks Out Kuwaiti Tourist in Pattaya, Police Launch Hunt

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A foreign man in Pattaya allegedly assaulted a Kuwaiti tourist, leaving him unconscious. Police are hunting for the suspect as of press time.

The incident occurred at 5:30 AM on July 10th, 2024 in South Pattaya on Soi Yensabai. Eyewitness 43-year-old Mr. Sompong Rueangkham, a chicken rice vendor, informed The Pattaya News that he saw a foreign man violently attacking a Kuwaiti tourist, acting aggressively, and revving his car engine, causing fear among people in the vicinity.

Mr. Sompong recounted witnessing the unidentified foreigner having a conflict with a Kuwaiti national. The perpetrator, believed to be Middle Eastern, arrived at the scene in a black Pajero with several companions. He confronted the Kuwaiti man, and a brawl ensued, resulting in the victim getting knocked out and lying on the ground. Mr. Sompong said the fight also involved a woman.

Mr. Sompong showed a video clip of the attack to The Pattaya News team. The video depicted both parties engaged in a struggle over a Thai woman, followed by a fistfight.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-07-11

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I do hope this incident will not tarnish the image of Pattaya.....

I have it on good authority that the image is as robust as ever!

• Love It 1

So basically two Arabs fighting over a whore? Thailand you have indeed succeeded in attracting quality tourists. Seriously though- why don't they round up those troublemakers and send them back home? there's plenty of these small-time Arabs gangs that really shouldn't be here.

Sadly though the guy will probably just pay his way out of this. Unlikely he will go to jail or deported. And he'll just assault more people again in the future.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya News that he saw a foreign man violently attacking a Kuwaiti tourist, acting aggressively, and revving his car engine,

where are the police at night when these ### holes are driving around pattaya drunk at 5;30am

speculation on my part but pretty much everyone on the roads in pattaya from 2am onwards  are very likely to be pissed..................................where are the cops lol, yes I know it's a joke - but it costs lives - 100%

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

where are the police at night when these ### holes are driving around pattaya drunk at 5;30am

Tucked up in bed.  After my bike was clamped, I had to go to the main station to have it released.  I walked round the totally deserted building for a long time before anyone answered my cries for assistance; it was just after midnight.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

So basically two Arabs fighting over a whore? Thailand you have indeed succeeded in attracting quality tourists. Seriously though- why don't they round up those troublemakers and send them back home? there's plenty of these small-time Arabs gangs that really shouldn't be here.

Sadly though the guy will probably just pay his way out of this. Unlikely he will go to jail or deported. And he'll just assault more people again in the future.

But everytime he blows up, it continues the revenue stream

• Agree 1

I read the story and then watched the video. I think it was the woman who knocked the man out, and she is the one who should be arrested. 

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

So basically two Arabs fighting over a whore?

Oh, Brits have done the same, as you'd expect. Friends, even.🙂 WOT?

When Kevin was punched, he lost balance and hit his head on a post, which supposedly caused the wound and instead of helping the friend ran off.

--Two Brits Fight Over Thai Bird

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Please tell me it was the guy who took his shirt off that got knocked out.

It would have had to  been considering the funny looking punches he was throwing.  The other dude wasn't concerned in the slightest.

Edited by atpeace
  • Like 1