Ukraine Pushes for Second Peace Summit with Russia Before U.S. Elections

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

After that, you thought it was funny because you thought it was an RT poll—you were wrong. Be honest.

It certainly was funny that you thought it was from the Times of India when they sourced it from RT who in turn sourced it from Reuters after they had in fact sourced it from The Kyiv International Institute ........🤣

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It certainly was funny that you thought it was from the Times of India when they sourced it from RT who in turn sourced it from Reuters after they had in fact sourced it from The Kyiv International Institute ........🤣

I said the video was TOI - you challenged THAT. So at least you agree it was Reuters, and you failed to score your points. The tide is turning in Ukraine as they lose men and material. Hopefully compromise will be reached but history will show the USA caused 100,000s deaths as it always does - all for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

I said the video was TOI - you challenged THAT. So at least you agree it was Reuters, and you failed to score your points. The tide is turning in Ukraine as they lose men and material. Hopefully compromise will be reached but history will show the USA caused 100,000s deaths as it always does - all for nothing.

This is not about points, its about facts which are:

"The majority of Ukrainians also want to keep on fighting the illegal invasion."

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is not about points, its about facts which are:

"The majority of Ukrainians also want to keep on fighting the illegal invasion."

Disappointed you cannot be gracious that you were wrong - never mind, I guess I should not be surprised. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Disappointed you cannot be gracious that you were wrong - never mind, I guess I should not be surprised. 

Facts are facts. They are not wrong. Good to see you have faith in the Kyiv data. Noted.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Facts are facts. They are not wrong. Good to see you have faith in the Kyiv data. Noted.

Ok,ok, Brian... if you feel comfortable like that. Disappointing - let's leave it there.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Like I said in my first response to your original post:

I think it's more accurate to say that the majority of Ukrainians want someone to fight.  Whether that be their neighbors from next door, or cannon fodder sent in from other countries. 

But they're not so keen on fighting themselves.  Or their loved ones.  If that's the way the question was phrased, the results would look very different.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, impulse said:

I think it's more accurate to say that the majority of Ukrainians want someone to fight.  Whether that be their neighbors from next door, or cannon fodder sent in from other countries. 

But they're not so keen on fighting themselves.  Or their loved ones.  If that's the way the question was phrased, the results would look very different.

I think it's more accurate to say that the majority of Ukrainians want someone to fight.

I don't think the polls asked that. How is it more accurate?

• Agree 1

Christ sake, grow up! 

There is nothing to read here except from two man who making a pissing contest.

It is clear Zelenskyj want to speed up talks after Victor Orban have visited him, Putin, Xi and Trump, and then Trump called him, most likely to inform him what he could expect when he win the election. 

Im quite sure there where nonif I win, 

Also Putin and Zelenskyj have to consider what more to gain in the trench war situation with great losses on both sides, and both need a way to get out without loosing respect or face. 

Zelenskyj do lot have unlimited fresh soldiers to recruit from, and most likely need to make new reserves from the younger generation. That will be a problem

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I think it's more accurate to say that the majority of Ukrainians want someone to fight.

I don't think the polls asked that. How is it more accurate?

People are always more willing to fight using someone else's blood and treasure than their own.

Just now, impulse said:

People are always more willing to fight using someone else's blood and treasure than their own.

If you say so. Or if you are so interested in that then perhaps research to see what the questions actually were.

Ukriane 'pushes' ?? Russia has been ready to talk since the beginning, the US & UK stopped it,

last months meeting Russia wasn't invited...how TF can you have a discussion about peace and the future of Ukraine without 1 side of the conflict being there?, well done for those that didn't sign or bow to the corrupted western countries trying to muscle it their way, and lets be honest, thats the USA!

On 7/12/2024 at 3:32 AM, Social Media said:

Zelensky's appeal at the Reagan Institute highlights the strategic importance of securing a peace framework amid the shifting political landscape in the U.S. With the possibility of Trump's return to the presidency, Ukraine is keen to solidify international support and establish a robust peace process. The potential changes in U.S. foreign policy make it crucial for Kyiv to act swiftly and decisively.

The international community's response to Ukraine's call for a second summit will be a critical factor in determining the success of these efforts. The involvement of key global players, including the U.S., China, and Brazil, will be essential in creating a comprehensive and lasting peace agreement. As the November U.S. elections approach, the urgency of these discussions will only intensify, highlighting the need for a coordinated and strategic approach to peace negotiations.

Too little - too late - Zelensky is Goneski.  That is what happens when you align yourself with the Democrats and help remove Trump from Office.  Zelensky and all his Dem (and RINO) enablers are going to regret bigtime what they did. Payback is coming. I am remined of a line in that that great western movie "Tell him I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

How sweet, Bob & Bob patting each other on the back. In the mean time both the Kremlin & NATO are planning for the possiblity of another 10 years of war.

The original idea in the West was to "bleed" Russia with sanctions and endless war.

All it has accomplished has been to make Russia self-reliant, push Russia, China, and the DPRK together, strengthen Russia's military arms manufacturing base placing them on a war footing, while destroying Ukraine's infrastructure including electric generation and putting them into the type of IMF debt-trap from which they will never extract themselves, destroyed the German industrial base by blowing up the Nord-Stream pipeline, and bleeding Europe with now expensive energy from the US, and expensive products to replace cheaper Russian products under sanctions, and then kill more the the EU's industrial base with secondary sanctions aimed at Russian but which simply blow-back on Europe.  All the while the US transfers tax-payers money and shovels it into the gaping maw of the Military Industrial Complex.  Everyone looses but big arms manufacturers in the US.  Meanwhile the West collectively hemorrhages money due to inflation while Western growth stagnates.  Conversely the Ruble strengthens against the USD and Brit Pound, and Russia is on course for around 4.5% economic growth in 2025.

So much for "bleeding Russia."  In the meanwhile the Russian military is battle hardened.  NATO does a lot of sabre rattling, but the militaries of the EU and US have never fought a combined arms conflict against a peer adversary.  All NATO has done is bombed the hell out of civilians while NATO ground troops lose wars to guys in sandals with AK-47s.  Yeah yeah - Americans has the finest military in the world yada yada yada.  Ok - put them on the ground in Eastern Ukraine and test that hypothesis.  The US hasn't fought a peer adversary since WWII.  And personally I don't believe they can - for no other reason than they don't have the logistics or industrial base to support a major war, which is why a US-led fight with Russian or China will end up in a humanity ended nuclear war - which surprisingly and lot of war-mongering Westerners seem to want. 

Go for it: Poke the Bear, poke the Dragon...see what happens.  What the hell, I'm too old to care. My kid's dead so I'm good to go anytime. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, sirineou said:

Zelinski should be hung from the highest tree for what he allowed to happen to Ukraine . 

I'm sure he has an escape planned for when the mob descends on his residence with a long rope. Somewhere in the US IMO.

In 1945 it would be a submarine to South America.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, impulse said:

There's a load of them in the US congress that are really keen on the Ukrainian war, just as long as it's not US boys coming home in a bag. Not good for their re election chances. That may change after the election. After all, why have a huge military if it's not going to get used?

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There's a load of them in the US congress that are really keen on the Ukrainian war, just as long as it's not US boys coming home in a bag. Not good for their re election chances. That may change after the election. After all, why have a huge military if it's not going to get used?

The only way U.S. soldiers will need to get involved there is if NATO stops supporting Ukraine's defense efforts, Putin wins, and then Putin goes further into the Baltic states for example.

• Like 1