Extension of stay Non O (marriage) Roi Et

I was planning to get another Non O Multi Entry based on marriage from Savannakhet but I may try a different route.

Not sure this will work though.

I am a UK national working offshore in the UK, 2 on 3 off rota, in my late 50's.

I have just applied for a single Non O marriage evisa from London.

My plan is to get a multi entry permit and apply for the marriage extension in the middle of my 3rd trip to Thailand which would be a week or so until the visa expires. Get an extension for marriage, 60 days, at the same time and another re entry permit.

Hopefully the under review date I have to go back will be in my next trip home to Roi Et (4 weeks later).

I have the 400k in the bank.

Are Roi ET Immigration flexible regarding dates to visit us at our home and when I have to return for the extension decision etc. ?

Have i missed anything?

Will it work?

Cannot comment on how helpful Roi Et will be.

Seems you have the dates worked out.

If you hadn't applied for non O marriage I would have suggested a non O retirement.

No under consideration period and no ongoing home visits. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply Dr Jack.

So you think it is possible, that's great as i thought i was missing something that would make it a no can do.

I will take on board your suggestion about O retirement. I may still go the Savannakhet route this year and reassess marriage/retirement extension next year.

I will go visit Immigration and ask what they require next time I'm home.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have usually found the people in Roi Et to be generally helpful.

It won't do any harm to go in and have a chat with them first.

Just remember that Savannahkhet is appointment online only now and that individuals have reported that getting one is problematic, due to the visa run mini bus companies booking the slots as soon as they are made available, 2 weeks in advance.

Good luck.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I have usually found the people in Roi Et to be generally helpful.

It won't do any harm to go in and have a chat with them first.

Just remember that Savannahkhet is appointment online only now and that individuals have reported that getting one is problematic, due to the visa run mini bus companies booking the slots as soon as they are made available, 2 weeks in advance.

Good luck.

Good to hear they are helpful mate, thanks.

The Savannakhet appointment debacle is why I an considering going the extension route. Its not to bad to get a Thursday or Friday appointment but you have to stay the weekend.

2 hours ago, ronster said:

There is a immigration office in roi et ? 

Nearest one I could find to me was in mahasarakham which is further away than roi et. 

It used to be in the city center but it moved a couple of years ago to the road to the west of the city. Not been to the new one yet.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/hikZhFM2gMv8hkgG9

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ronster said:

There is a immigration office in roi et ? 

Nearest one I could find to me was in mahasarakham which is further away than roi et. 

There has been a office in ROI Et for a few years now, before that we had to go to Amnat and in the dark years Mukdahan.

It is situated a couple of Ks along the road to Maha from the Robinson's crossroad, on the right-hand side.

It is signed, you do a U turn after the pedestrian bridge.

• Like 1

My plan is to get a multi entry permit and apply for the marriage extension in the middle of my 3rd trip to Thailand which would be a week or so until the visa expires. Get an extension for marriage, 60 days, at the same time and another re entry permit.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you intend to do, but you can't apply for both a one year extension based on marriage and a 60 day extension to visit your wife at the same time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sophon said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you intend to do, but you can't apply for both a one year extension based on marriage and a 60 day extension to visit your wife at the same time.

I think you are understanding correctly, that is exactly what i was hoping to do.

If i can't do that then I probably can't do the yearly extension. I only stay in Thailand 18 days per trip, not enough time for the under consideration period.

Would a retirement extension be possible within 18 days?

30 minutes ago, RC8 said:

Would a retirement extension be possible within 18 days?

Only if you enter on a Non-O visa based on retirement, which you could obtain at a consulate abroad.  Then, yes, a 1-year retirement extension is processed in 1-to-3 days, depending on the office.  Also, you would need to be in the last  30-45 days of that retirement visa entry (90-days given - re-entry permit possible), to apply for it.

Unfortunately - cannot do a retirement-extension on a "based on marriage" visa entry.
Edit: Some reports a retirement-visa (90-days) is available at Savannakhet.

Edited by Rob Browder
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

Only if you enter on a Non-O visa based on retirement, which you could obtain at a consulate abroad.  Then, yes, a 1-year retirement extension is processed in 1-to-3 days, depending on the office.  Also, you would need to be in the last  30-45 days of that retirement visa entry (90-days given - re-entry permit possible), to apply for it.

Unfortunately - cannot do a retirement-extension on a "based on marriage" visa entry.
Edit: Some reports a retirement-visa (90-days) is available at Savannakhet.

Thanks for the info Rob.

I'm going to try Savannakhet for the multi Non O marriage again i think. Then plan for a retirement Non O next year. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Are they also asking for the 2 months seasoning?

Seems to be currently guess work.

@Tod Daniels do you have any current advice on required funds along with seasoning for Savannakhet. 

I'm thinking just 400k in bank sufficient.

Here is a cut paste of a thread I will attach...

"I've been to Savannakhet a couple times this year.  Things change depending on who's sitting behind the window and how they feel that day.  To more or less guarantee a Non-O Multiple based on Marriage have the money seasoned for 2 months .... in a Thai bank account.  If less, you might be stuck with a Single entry". 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1328915-multiple-entry-marriage-visa/

• Thumbs Up 1

@RC8

On entry with a Non Imm O visa, you will be granted permission of stay for 90 days. That visa is 'used' on entry, what now matters is the period of permission of stay granted, which depends on the date you will enter Thailand. You can apply for the 1 year extension based on Thai spouse up to 45 days before your permission of stay expires.

Re-entry permit required to keep your permission of stay active.

Example:
Enter 1st August, granted permission of stay for 90 days until 29th October.

Depart 18th August, return 3rd Sept (using re-entry permit).
Depart 21st Sept, return 6th Oct (using re-entry permit).
On each re-entry, you will be stamped in again until 29th October.

Anytime after your second re-entry, you can apply for the 1-year extension application (10 Oct?)
You will be given an under consideration stamp until 28th November.

At this point you should speak with Immigration explaining your shift rota patterns and the next available date you will present again.

You will require a further re-entry permit to cover the under consideration period.

Extensions based on Thai spouse have to be approved at regional level.
On application for the 1 year extension you will be given a 30 day 'under consideration' stamp.

Roi Et date that 30 day from the date of your current permission of stay expiring to 30 days beyond.

I just recently applied for another 1 year extension at Roi Et (Thai spouse).

My extension renewal date was 10th July.
I applied 18th June and was given an under consideration stamp until 9th August (30 days from 10th July).

The office called me on Thu 4th July to inform my extension had been approved.

I went for the extension stamp, Tue 9th July.

They are flexible for the return date to collect the stamp.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

@RC8

On entry with a Non Imm O visa, you will be granted permission of stay for 90 days. That visa is 'used' on entry, what now matters is the period of permission of stay granted, which depends on the date you will enter Thailand. You can apply for the 1 year extension based on Thai spouse up to 45 days before your permission of stay expires.

Re-entry permit required to keep your permission of stay active.

Example:
Enter 1st August, granted permission of stay for 90 days until 29th October.

Depart 18th August, return 3rd Sept (using re-entry permit).
Depart 21st Sept, return 6th Oct (using re-entry permit).
On each re-entry, you will be stamped in again until 29th October.

Anytime after your second re-entry, you can apply for the 1-year extension application (10 Oct?)
You will be given an under consideration stamp until 28th November.

At this point you should speak with Immigration explaining your shift rota patterns and the next available date you will present again.

You will require a further re-entry permit to cover the under consideration period.

Extensions based on Thai spouse have to be approved at regional level.
On application for the 1 year extension you will be given a 30 day 'under consideration' stamp.

Roi Et date that 30 day from the date of your current permission of stay expiring to 30 days beyond.

I just recently applied for another 1 year extension at Roi Et (Thai spouse).

My extension renewal date was 10th July.
I applied 18th June and was given an under consideration stamp until 9th August (30 days from 10th July).

The office called me on Thu 4th July to inform my extension had been approved.

I went for the extension stamp, Tue 9th July.

They are flexible for the return date to collect the stamp.

That's fantastic Liquorice, very much appreciated.

So, I could actually apply halfway through my 1st re-entry if its 45 days before my permission to stay expires?

Just thinking it gives me more time to sort any issues that arise.

I had the under consideration stamp completely wrong in my head. I thought it was just a date to return to get your decision but from what you have said it is actually an extension to your current permission to stay. So I don't need a 60 day extension to visit my wife. 👍

I take it the 400k in the bank does not have to be foreign sourced?

Do they continue to do home visits after the first year?

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems to be currently guess work.

@Tod Daniels do you have any current advice on required funds along with seasoning for Savannakhet. 

I'm thinking just 400k in bank sufficient.

Here is a cut paste of a thread I will attach...

"I've been to Savannakhet a couple times this year.  Things change depending on who's sitting behind the window and how they feel that day.  To more or less guarantee a Non-O Multiple based on Marriage have the money seasoned for 2 months .... in a Thai bank account.  If less, you might be stuck with a Single entry". 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1328915-multiple-entry-marriage-visa/

Just had someone there last week (who had an appt to actually get in the gate 😛 ) and he was only sold a single entry Non-O based on marriage even though he had 400k baht in the account because it wasn't in for 2 months 😕 was told to leave the money in there and come back and apply for the year after it was in for 2 months if he wanted to

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RC8 said:

I take it the 400k in the bank does not have to be foreign sourced?

Do they continue to do home visits after the first year?

For extension based on Thai spouse, I've never known them request proof the 400K funds be foreign sourced, but better if you can, just in case.

A home visit only for the very first application.
Again explain your shift patterns and tell them it must be by appointment.
It's usually within 3 days of you submitting the application.

Sent a PM.

• Thanks 1