question about carry on baggage limit vietjet

Hi folks, as checked on their website, i pasted below, free carry on with the dimenstion & weight stated below, do they really check in detail?

also how about the second bag, ccause they doesnt seem to mention any sizes.

Support i got i bag stated below and i buy a bag full of goodies from the duty free, whats gonna happen?

will the vietnam solider shout at me? 

please those who've actually boarded on vietjet please share how was ur experience.

not some know it all snobs, thank you in advance. 

image.png.6aaf7b8cd8696cccf1dc16a064ac9cf7.png

• Confused 1

I fly internally usually VietJet or AirAsia every few weeks. If you check in hold luggage the check-in desk will weigh your hand luggage also (aggregated between the passengers upon your booking). We were overweight once and had to pay to check one bag into the hold. If you travel with hand luggage only and check-in online or at the airport totems you can go directly to the departure gate. However, there is a sizing frame and scales at the departure gate. I have personally seen hand luggage being sized and weighed at the departure gate and passengers being sent away (presumably to pay for it as hold luggage and to check it into the hold).

ok kool thanks, do u have intel on additional one duty free bag which needs to be carried on aswell?

*so will be 2 bags to carry on, small suitcase & a duty free bag full of goodies (which i think cant be stored under the seat and the size may equal to their maxxed size)

Weight is only checked at check-in.....only ever seen a fuss once after check-in when a woman, who must have hidden her suitcase, tried to board with a full sized suitcase.....think she was Chinese-American.

13 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

ok kool thanks, do u have intel on additional one duty free bag which needs to be carried on aswell?

*so will be 2 bags to carry on, small suitcase & a duty free bag full of goodies (which i think cant be stored under the seat and the size may equal to their maxxed size)

Sorry no. Only travel internally, hence duty free doesn't apply. However, when we travel with hand luggage only, we each take a 'cabin' case and, of course, the ladies also have hand/shoulder bags. Cabin cases/bags must go in the overhead bins and hand/shoulder bags underneath the seat in front. The cabin crew are actually very keen on this. When weighed at main check-in the agent has asked for ALL hand baggage to be placed upon the scales.    

28 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Weight is only checked at check-in.....only ever seen a fuss once after check-in when a woman, who must have hidden her suitcase, tried to board with a full sized suitcase.....think she was Chinese-American.

If they weigh your hand luggage at check-in they now affix a label. Previously I had asked if hand luggage requires any sort of label and was told not. Probably this is so the boarding gate staff can easily spot unweighed items.

Edited by The Fugitive
  • Thumbs Up 1

At some airports there's sometimes 2 check-in agents waiting 20 metres before the cabin door with a set of scales. They can demand to check the cabin bag weight (and size dimensions), if over 7 kg they demand payment and give you a receipt and stickers sticker and they can insist the bags be taken and put in the check-in baggage hold under the aircraft.

Last time I saw this was about 15 years ago at Karachi Airport in Pakistan, and not surprising. I had noted many passengers doing check-in with 5 or 6 suitcases held back as cabin bags. They got caught in the further check as per above.

At same airport once saw people check-in large suitcase well over weight but accepted for a corruption payment. Then after security check someone was waiting to hand over several more small suitcases all obviously heavy. They weren't checked and they got onto the aircraft with the 2 or 3 additional heavy correct size cabin suitcases and travelled all the way to Hong Kong with these extra heavy cabin suitcases. And it wasn't just one passengers maybe half the passengers had these extra suitcases on their laps. 

After take off lots of confusion, mostly these same passengers trying to insist they were allowed to put these bags in the aisle and allowed to sit in the aisle to eat the food they had brought on board and also the airline food. 

Worst of all on a flight Karachi to Hong Kong a cabin crew member comes running up the aisle and yelling at a Pakistani family sitting on the floor, they had started up a small pump up kerosene stove and were cooking some food. More cabin crew members trying to douse the flame and confiscate the stove.

Other passengers yelling at the cabin crew and threatening the cabin crew, mostly insisting, "leave them alone, they have to eat".

This flight was a nightmare for many reasons and I was very glad to get off the aircraft in Hong kong. The flight was continuing to Singapore but I abandoned that part of my ticket and bought a new ticket on Singapore airlines to fly HK to S'pore. At check-in S'pore airlines had extra staff opening and thoroughly searching all cabin bags, over 7 kg and the passenger had to abandon the bag. When I bought the ticket at the S'pore Airline ticket counter at HK airport everybody was handed 2 copies of a printed handout advising numerous restrictions on baggage. Passenger had to sign one copy 'I Accept' etc. 

This was another case where just before the aircraft cabin door more check-in staff were checking cabin bags.  

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Is there a specific policy re bags of duty free purchases?

Never heard of it before but who knows...

No, if there was the duty free shops would soon be out of business, come to think of it, is Swampy's duty free not being stopped or something like that?

39 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

No, if there was the duty free shops would soon be out of business, come to think of it, is Swampy's duty free not being stopped or something like that?

I've never been tempted by 'Duty Free' shops. They appear to sell luxury products that can be purchased elsewhere for considerably less. Last time I went home on Gulf Air via Singapore and Bahrain. The Singapore stop had only recently been added to the service. A Bahrainian guy ahead of me was 'doing his nut'. He had purchased duty free items going out of Bangkok. Although the bags remained sealed with receipts visible inside Singapore Airport security were having none of it. He had to open up the bags for inspection. Caught up with him when boarding for Singapore to Bahrain. He told me because he had shouted at them they became 'as awkward as hell' checking everything as slowly as possible!   

Edited by The Fugitive
  • Thanks 1