Trump rushed off stage after possible assassination attempt

DPat

I have to say Trump showed some rather large balls the way he handled almost being murdered. Standing up, acknowledging the crowd, was impressive.

And before any naysayers appear, I would ask you this- have YOU ever been shot at? I have, and it is an unnerving experience. Even when it is just part of a training exercise and actually safe (as happened to me), it still turns your bowels to water. For Trump to stand up withing 45 seconds and respond as he did showed guts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So you are saying HE was one of them ...maybe , could be , but I don't think so ...

regards Worgeordie

I'm basically saying that being registered as a Repub means nothing, especially for a 20 year old who may have never voted before, just 2 years into adulthood.  And whose parents are registered Dems (according to....sources...).  He may have just registered Repub to rebel against Mom and Dad. I did stupid stuff at that age.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

If you look at the video, he was turned facing the direction of the shooter when he reached up to his ear.

Per the map, the shooter was to the left of Trump.

When Trump turned, he turned towards his right.

Perhaps I am dyslexic or the NY Times flipped the map.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump didn't leave without a fight.

The idea that he wouldn't fight harder and smarter next time is laughable.

Nah, he left. There's no way for him to stay forever and he didn't do it before, so there's no reason to say that if he wins he'll stay forever.

It's just more lies told about Trump. Pretty irresponsible lies at that.

The best we can hope is that the never-Trumpers are just so stupid that they didn't realise what they were doing. Di Nero certainly seems stupid.

Unfortunately, some people believe the never-Trunpers' lies and things like this happen.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm basically saying that being registered as a Repub means nothing, especially for a 20 year old who may have never voted before, just 2 years into adulthood.  And whose parents are registered Dems (according to....sources...).  He may have just registered Repub to rebel against Mom and Dad. I did stupid stuff at that age.

Mom Dem and Dad is a libertarian.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

He gave 15 dollars to biden (fact). And then all the sudden registered republican. lol. Those are the facts folks. Do what you want with them. 

3 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

He gave 15 dollars to biden (fact). And then all the sudden registered republican. lol. Those are the facts folks. Do what you want with them. 

Note on the news they report the shooter as a “registered republican” but don’t disclose the previous financial donation to Biden campaign. Things that make you go hmmm

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Nah, he left. There's no way for him to stay forever and he didn't do it before, so there's no reason to say that if he wins he'll stay forever.

It's just more lies told about Trump. Pretty irresponsible lies at that.

The best we can hope is that the never-Trumpers are just so stupid that they didn't realise what they were doing. Di Nero certainly seems stupid.

Unfortunately, some people believe the never-Trunpers' lies and things like this happen.

Trump left after the insurrection. Don't you think next time, he would fight harder and smarter?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Maybe it was a warning to The Don. ''See what we can do, if you don't stop interfering with; business as usual.''

And if that isn't enough Don, ''join us in the secret White House Room, where we have unpublished footage of Dallas in the early 1960s.''

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Robert Paulson said:

Note on the news they report the shooter as a “registered republican” but don’t disclose the previous financial donation to Biden campaign. Things that make you go hmmm

The person who donated to Act Blue was a 69 year old with the same name.

5 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

A 69 year old with the same name donated $15 to Act Blue.

That's a fact.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

It appears that one of the teleprompters was clipped by a bullet, and slivers came off. 

I have not yet seen a closeup of the damaged teleprompter.

So Trump use teleprompter that probably save his life. What an irony. So much for mocking Biden. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He was a registered Republican

However, Crooks, who lived about an hour away from where the Trump rally shooting took place, had made a $15 donation at age 17 to ActBlue, a political action committee that raises money for Democratic and left-leaning politicians, Reuters reported, citing a 2021 Federal Election Commission filing.

--Who was Thomas Matthew Crooks, the suspected Donald Trump rally shooter?

But many MAGA are still trying to blame Biden

for the assassination attempt ,

Biden appointed an incompetent to head up the SS. Main mission is to hire more women, fits w/ DEI agenda. Admin didn't take Trump's security seriously enough. Incredible, amateurish security failure at multiple points, even getting Trump off the stage. Pathetic vid of female agent unable to holster her weapon, others milling around Trump's armored vehicle, one concerned about her sunglasses.

Plus you have all the absurd leftist inflammatory rhetoric condoned by Biden, suggesting just the other day Trump should be in a "bullseye." He has nothing to run on now except Trump hate.

The shooter, like all leftists, probably lapped up all this demonizing typical of Dims, while exposed only to fake news promoted by Biden and his agencies.

Propaganda duly believed and parroted by the gullible posters here, of course:

what the World would become if Trump won the election,

who wants a serial liar,rapist, fraudster ,narcissist, grifter ,and all the other stuff he has done,

to be in charge of your country , all rise King Donald .....

Now it looks like Trump's REALLY gonna win in November. OH NO. Maybe you could move to another country. Oh, wait . . . .

image.png.c792a5e08527b5981b2362f9b2d36b95.png

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly, this applies to both sides of the political debate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roo Island said:

You are taking his words totally out of context. But something the right does frequently

'bloodbath'  remember that one?, i'm pretty sure you were one of those here that claimed it meant violence if he wasn't re-elected!

he left bias media is constantly taking things trump said out of context, or editing it totally, people like you just lap it up because it fits with your hatred of the guy.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, bunnydrops said:

If you look at the video, he was turned facing the direction of the shooter when he reached up to his ear.

If you look at the video Trump was facing away from the shooter when the assassination attempt took place, the bullet hit the back of his right ear .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jethro Tull said:

If you look at the video Trump was facing away from the shooter when the assassination attempt took place, the bullet hit the back of his right ear .

An indirect hit seems more likely to me. But we'd better wait for the report, a speculative correction of a speculative correction of a speculation is bound to be wrong somewhere.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

An indirect hit seems more likely to me. But we'd better wait for the report, a speculative correction of a speculative correction of a speculation is bound to be wrong somewhere.

Only correcting which way Trump was facing when the attack occurred as can be clearly seen in the video.

If you want to assume that is 3rd level speculation then you need help.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jethro Tull said:

Only correcting which way Trump was facing when the attack occurred as can be clearly seen in the video.

If you want to assume that is 3rd level speculation then you need help.

You said "the bullet hit the back of his right ear". Which is clear speculation. It is entirely possible there was no direct hit.If you claim not to be speculating you need help.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/14/2024 at 8:09 AM, BakedPanda said:

Relevance? Zero. Most crimes are committed with illegal guns to begin with.

I question your reasoning here. Of the mass shootings in the USA were the guns used illegal? I am thinking, and true in this case, the guns were legally purchased.

8 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Another gun nut poster without any knowledge... open mouth and insert foot.  Just one of many restrictions to the wild west as you like to think it to be.

1. "Buildings with Posts: It is illegal to open carry firearms in any building, either privately or government-owned when there is a post prohibiting firearms or a verbal notice against possession."

I guess you don't understand. I hate guns but you start to insult me anyway. I merely pointed to the fact that Milwaukee's gun law stays open carry is allowed. You Building with posts comment I cannot find on Wiki and the government website was down.