Opinion sought.

58 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

if there are no direct payment options, that is a major drawback. 

Yes, direct payment is best but Cigna lets you add whatever bank you want to receive payments.  They claim to pay quickly, within  5 days but I have no experience to substantiate that. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2024 at 6:12 AM, Scouse123 said:

Sheryl,

I do very much value your opinion on health matters.

I did check with Cigna and others and the health cover limits were far below Pacific Cross.

Pacific Cross have assured me that I am valued as a customer and there are no additional conditions being placed on my cover.

I am now 62.

I just paid them for Maxima Plus 47,000 with a 40,000 excess.

They have said verbally, and in email, that disputes arise when foreign nationals don't reveal the whole truth and then try to claim for pre-existing conditions.

Anyway, I've booked in to Bangkok Khonkaen for an annual medical this week as well, as cancer destroyed my family. 3 left out of eight.

I don't know all the answers, just prevention and early detection is better than cure.

Answer the questions you are asked. If you are asked about a history of cancer in your family, answer truthfully. 

The worst case of "pre-existing" fraud I know about was an insurance agent pal asked to write a life insurance policy for a younger man with a family. He couldn't get face-to-face with the guy. 

It turned out the guy had terminal cancer and the family were attempting a Hail Mary fraud. 

In Thailand, the worst medical fraud was a foreigner claiming no previous ailments. The day after the policy was accepted he showed up at the hospital ( immediate red flag ) and tested positive for HIV. 

His problem.was, Red Cross BKK had already tested him positive and it was the same doctor at the hospital who had advised him of his condition at RC. 

Damned unlucky or damned stupid? It's the second one. Insurance companies have seen it all before.

So just answer the questions you are asked truthfully. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1