Six Vietnamese Found Dead in Bangkok Hotel Room

webfact

39 minutes ago, Elkski said:

How hard is it to procure cyanide?  What quantity for 6?  Can you travel with that much easily?  Or was it bought in Thailand?  

All this for 280k US?  

So maybe at  this final meeting it was revealed that these investors were going to call the police?

There was another case in the last few months where the woman used cyanide to kill

The check out for a globalist is at 4pm which is probably what one member was.even as a globalist am 10 minutes after 4PM i get a call..in this case more than 24 hours!? Hotel surely knows more than what is being letting on.

8 hours ago, smedly said:

do you know what a discussion is ?

are you an adult

you seem to have no understanding of either

That,  of course is your thinking, and your right to do so. 

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

How hard is it to procure cyanide?  What quantity for 6?  Can you travel with that much easily?  Or was it bought in Thailand?  

Huge news here a year ago April. Filled the gossip pages both on the news and social media for a month or more.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-65395398

They also found cyanide in all of them after all were autopsied. 

Edited by marin

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

If they all died, why wouldn’t cyanide be found in the blood system of all six? Otherwise how could they have died from cyanide poisoning?

Because: CN degrades and disintegrates rapidly in the body after death, as this research/publication shows..

image.png.90c254f073dba0dac58fcde62d3e26d2.png

https://assets.cureus.com/uploads/case_report/pdf/260214/20240711-16844-14fn1pv.pdf

But, frankly, I am just a bit disappointed that the poisoner, as far as we can tell, so far, chose to not use Fentanyl, which, from my perspective, might have been a far better choice, and more fun for the victims, too, for the moments before their deaths.

CN can be painful, both psychologically and physically painful, in that it causes feelings of fear, apprehension, and other unpleasantness, including seizures, or what have you.

But, with Fentanyl, the victim is in a state of bliss and pleasure, and just wants more, until unconsciousness overtakes the victim's brain.

Therefore, if I ever become a victim of an intentional poisoning, where a murderer has planned to kill me, then....

Please, let it be Fentanyl.

Thank you.

Note: Even after just 24 hours, as far as I know, the CN has already disintegrated to levels that begin to make detection more difficult.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The issue maybe the time between death and the autopsy.

Research by Sam Houston State University, U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense; and South Dakota State University shows that.

“Unless cyanide is discovered at the time of death on the mouth or nose, elevated cyanide concentrations can only be found for up to a maximum of two days under toxicological blood testing.

The problem at autopsy is that due to the relatively short half-life of cyanide, toxicological detection of cyanide to confirm cyanide poisoning may only be feasible within the first few hours following exposure. Cyanide levels in blood samples taken at autopsy the next day have been reported to decrease by approximately 79 percent.”

Other more advanced testing techniques are available, such as from liver and blood samples using Headspace-Ion Mobility Spectrometry, but do the RTP have access to such equipment, or maybe the FBI were able to help.

Other evidence of the effects of cyanide on the body will be evident at autopsy, as cyanide basically prevents cells from using oxygen to make energy molecules, as It acts as an irreversible enzyme inhibitor,.

Tissues that require this form of energy molecules, such as heart muscle cells and nerve cells, quickly expend all their energy and start to die. When a large enough number of critical cells die, you die, and the evidence of this damage remains.

Yeah, but it hasn’t been two days and seemingly they all died at the same time. Not even sure any autopsies have been done yet, but surely they would be done at the same time? This is Bangkok, not some one horse town.

Question remains, why only cyanide in one blood sample?

2 hours ago, ashkale said:

The check out for a globalist is at 4pm which is probably what one member was.even as a globalist am 10 minutes after 4PM i get a call..in this case more than 24 hours!? Hotel surely knows more than what is being letting on.

It was reported that the group was scheduled to check out on Tuesday.

The bodies were reported around Tuesday, 7:30 PM.

Therefore, it makes sense, as you have pointed out, that the floor maid began to investigate sometimes in the late afternoon.

Also, apparently, the 5 "victims" checked out of their rooms on Monday.

They moved, with their "baggage", into the much larger accommodation inhabited by the Conch woman, the alleged poisoner.

Then, who knows how they all spent the night, after being poisoned sometime on Monday afternoon.

They had time to lie about from Monday afternoon to Tuesday at 7:30 PM, thereabouts, when the constabulary arrived, and when this news hit YouTube, and TV, and other media sites.

This is a very interesting, intriguing, fascinating, and riveting mystery.

There is bound to be a TV Movie about this, produced by someone here on TV, I would say....

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes, but the NYT prints ALL the news that is fit to print.

And, they do a better job at checking and corroborating  sources that they either quote, or use as back sources, one hopes.

A very forlorn hope I am afraid. The article clearly states they are just quoting from a police informant and the words they use are identical to other news outlets.

There is no corroboration of any actual FACT at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

A very forlorn hope I am afraid. The article clearly states they are just quoting from a police informant and the words they use are identical to other news outlets.

There is no corroboration of any actual FACT at all.

I agree with you that the NYT was once a much better rag, maybe about 50 years ago, when they had more money, and better journalists of some substance.

This is why I no longer subscribe.

Why should I pay for the drivel written by ill-informed 20-year-old people who have never lived.

Also, the NYT tried to sort of "scam" me in one of it's sales promotions.

They first offer super cheap subscriptions, and then, sneakily increase the rate when you least expect it.

I was burned once.

Now, I am very shy of subscriptions, especially in this modern day of the huckster.

You are also correct that my hope will come to naught.

I yearn for so many things that we have lost, just during the short time that I have been alive.

Maybe this is why I love TV so much.

TV never pretends to be what it is not.

And, I always get what I pay for, when I read TV, or post Topics on TV.

Yes....

TV is definitely for Me!

NOTE:  Also, whatever happened to great music like....AquaLung?

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I have had family done similar, check out of the rooms at 12 and leave bags in my room till latish. I suspect all of the party was supposed to checkout on the same day. Its not the 10m Baht deal gone sour for sure!

Edited by ashkale

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I think that it's incredible and admirable just how fast this case was accurately solved with validated data after good research and investigation.

My only wish is that someone would discover and tell us why the honey became such an important part of the reportage of this loan-investment-based tragedy.

hahahahahaha

10 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Authorities now say one of them poisoned the other five, not sure how they just get this conclusion unless they found poison in one persons luggage.

Exactly. Unless there was a camera in the room, how could they possibly know which one of the six poisoned the other five and then themselves?

And that assumes that no other party was involved, which is not yet proven. It’s all speculation at this point and the cops are silly to allow details to be “released”. It just creates confusion where there is no clarity

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Exactly. Unless there was a camera in the room, how could they possibly know which one of the six poisoned the other five and then themselves?

OK.

I already thought about that question.

Here is how I would do it....

a. There was only one teacup on the table with the food.

b.  There were 5 teacups all placed together, in another area of the "suite"

c. I would fingerprint the lone cup.

d. There was only one plate of food that had been unwrapped of plastic wrap.

e.  I would fingerprint that plate.

f.  Most importantly, I would check to see if there was any food residue on any of the utensils, such as forks, etc.

g.  If I found that only one fork had been used, then I would fingerprint the fork.

h. I would also take DNA samples from said fork.

I. Then, I would compare the evidence from the lone cup, the fork, and the plate.  If the DNA and fingerprints pointed to one individual, and no others, then I would make the presumption that I had found the poisoner.

But, that's just me.

You might have some other preferred method.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Yeah, but it hasn’t been two days and seemingly they all died at the same time. Not even sure any autopsies have been done yet, but surely they would be done at the same time? This is Bangkok, not some one horse town.

Are you sure that only CN was found in just one blood sample? Or, not sure what you mean here.

You mean there should have been more samples?

Or, there should have been more foreign substances/chemicals found in the one sample?

Anyway, here is what they have found through some preliminary blood examination....it seems....

image.png.730229e152d75d4b83998f7ef845d63e.png

https://www.npr.org/2024/07/17/nx-s1-5043269/6-americans-and-vietnamese-are-found-dead-in-a-bangkok-hotel-poisoning-is-suspected

Also, as you say, it would be QUITE INTERESTING ....if....

There were no other drugs in the samples from all 5 "victims".

There is much more chemical analysis that should and will be done, no doubt.

59 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

According to the BBC:

” The victims' lips and nails had turned dark purple indicating a lack of oxygen, while their internal organs turned "blood red", which is another sign of cyanide poisoning, said Professor Kornkiat Vongpaisarnsin of the Department of Forensic Medicine at Chulalongkorn University. “

Cyanide found in blood of Bangkok hotel victims https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3g64ljwp2go

Edited by Jethro Tull
Added link

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are you sure that only CN was found in just one blood sample? Or, not sure what you mean here.

You mean there should have been more samples?

Or, there should have been more foreign substances/chemicals found in the one sample?

Anyway, here is what they have found through some preliminary blood examination....it seems....

image.png.730229e152d75d4b83998f7ef845d63e.png

https://www.npr.org/2024/07/17/nx-s1-5043269/6-americans-and-vietnamese-are-found-dead-in-a-bangkok-hotel-poisoning-is-suspected

Also, as you say, it would be QUITE INTERESTING ....if....

There were no other drugs in the samples from all 5 "victims".

There is much more chemical analysis that should and will be done, no doubt.

Well, the article quoted that cyanide was found in a number of cups and two bottles and one blood sample. 

So, I assume blood samples would be taken from all bodies, no point to just test one. Therefore, how come cyanide was only found in one blood sample?

Some assumptions of course. Is the information correct or just someone leaking incorrect facts. Was only one blood sample tested? I’ve no idea. But just the way that the article states that one blood sample was found to have cyanide in it, sounds weird. Surely you test all six and determine whether cyanide is present in all?

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And this is because the vast majority of those Americans who had been living in America for thousands of years died due to illness after being exposed to disease/diseases carried by the "pilgrims", from their origins in Europe.

And lead poisoning.

3 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

The way thais are with ghost and death this hotel will have a curse or badluck with any thais that book into this hotel now for a long time.

Thai news have not revealed Hotel information yet, and most likely never will 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, koele2 said:

It’s always about money.  Although killing 5 people over a $280,000 debt is crazy.  There is more money involved or something else.  

280k is a quarter million. That in the third world is like 2 million in the 1st

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The way thais are with ghost and death this hotel will have a curse or badluck with any thais that book into this hotel now for a long time.

Well, I really enjoy staying at this hotel, especially when I used to visit HK.

Always had super nice rooms, and I enjoyed the decor.

The hotel was built decades ago, and it was solid and comfortable.

I ain't 'fraid o; no ghosts....

If they will offer me a discount in BKK, the same "suite", I will be first in line, just as soon as they move the forensic equipment out, and spray a bit of air freshener around the place.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Elkski said:

All this for 280k US?  

So maybe at  this final meeting it was revealed that these investors were going to call the police?

They would have needed potassium or sodium cyanide which is soluble in water. 2 grams each would be extremely lethal. It can be made in a home lab using Cyanuric acid (used as a chlorine stabilizer/buffer in swimming pools) and baking soda. It was available online in Thailand for $150 per 15 grams but that was more than 10 years ago.

On 7/16/2024 at 5:39 PM, orchis said:

American citizenship means "real Americans" 

The native Americans (the so called indians) were in fact Mongols who fled Mongolia for better natural habitat. After in the, let us say modern times came the other migrants principally from Europ. In fact nobody can claim he is a real American, because it simply doesn't exist.

• Agree 1

According to the latest news. One lady gave a loan of several millions for investment in an hotel (it seems in Japan). The deal went wrong and all the money was gone. It appears that the lady decided to take revenge by poisoning everybody involved wilth cyanide. She decided to commit suicide by drinking the same stuff to escape shame and because she couldn't stand the loss.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

All this for 280k US?  

In my country vey easy. You can find the basic substance in rat poison

On 7/17/2024 at 3:57 AM, kwilco said:

here come the Sherlocks!

Whatever happened, they all consumed poisen, at the same time, otherwise other victims would notice something wrong. 

So maybe a toast to something, and there's more to this. 

• Like 1