Do Thai women make the best wives?

11 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Overlooking a lake with faux French doors and a grandfather clock.

Yes, Aussie bloke, I am doing that right now, what about you, which bar this afternoon....?    :drunk:.............🤭

8 hours ago, bob smith said:

when I chose a wife (Mrs. Smith) there were certain criteria that the successful candidate had to fulfill before she even stood a chance...

they were

1. Speaks good English.

2. Well educated (Master degree/phd)

3. Has a good, stable job.

4. No previous children from any relationships.

5. Has never worked in a bar.

6. Likes to have a laugh

7. Doesn't mind splitting the bill when we go out (or paying it in full herself)

8. Family aren't on the take (they have never asked me for a penny to this day).

9. No crazy knife wielding brothers or cousins lurking around the corner.

10. Loves to travel.

Mrs Neeranam has been married to me for 23 years. 

Doesn't speak good English, why on earth is this a criteria for being a good wife?

Left school at 14, again not related to being a good wife. 

Doesn't have a job, looks after me and family. 

Thai women are more subservient, not sure if this is a plus or minus. Don't want my daughters to become this. 

Working in a bar, say it straight man, never been a prostitute. 

I have lent/given family money when they needed it, and I had it. They gave me money when I needed it, and they had it. 

She must be good, as I've been 100% faithful to her, even when tempted by many many women, especially when working at a university in Isarn, 60 km from where we lived and I stayed for 2 nights a week(15 years ago). 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

She must be good, as I've been 100% faithful to her,

has she been faithful to you though!

that is the question..

bob.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

I would do anything you can to let that woman know she is cherished, loved and honored. I would not go to Pattaya because everyone here knows what that's about, and take her with you anywhere you go. Also, answer that phone. It shows respect. A keeper isn't to be taken for granted. Ever.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I do cherish her. She rarely calls when i am travelling. Do you really think I would still be married after 13 years if I was not a good man for her? She is happy. We are happy. 

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

has she been faithful to you though!

that is the question..

bob.

I expect so, we took marriage vows. 

Have you been faithful to Mrs. bob?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. I do cherish her. She rarely calls when i am travelling. Do you really think I would still be married after 13 years if I was not a good man for her? She is happy. We are happy. 

I do know what I'm talking about,as my advice was sound. I didn't say you didn't cherish her. I said to just appreciate her and don't take her for granted, as many do after some years pass. People stay married for 40 years unhappy, so it's not about time. It's about quality time.

8 hours ago, nikmar said:

I guess there are good and bad wives all over the world  - regardless of nationality.

Absolutely.. and stronger chores are forgotten like empathy, moral, comittment, honesty and standards!

12 minutes ago, bob smith said:

oh right...

well thanks for clearing that up!

bob.

I've met many men here who think their wife wouldn't mind if they are unfaithful, which is total made up delusion,.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've met many men here who think their wife wouldn't mind if they are unfaithful, which is total made up delusion,.

my wife watches me sometimes.

bob.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

No way to tell without an honest poll. I would say most marry girls that aren't hookers but most do marry women who have had children with Thais before. This is one main reason they choose foreigners. More likely to stick around after a child is born, and a lot more likely to support another man's children.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

agreed.

many Thai men don't take well to paternal responsibility.

they often run away at the first sign of trouble.

bob.

Many Thai men (not all, but certainly the feckless ones) have it away on their toes the minute they find out the girl is pregnant, let alone wait for the first sign of trouble.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Keeps said:

Many Thai men (not all, but certainly the feckless ones) have it away on their toes the minute they find out the girl is pregnant, let alone wait for the first sign of trouble.

yep.

seen it countless times with my own eyes.

bob.

3 hours ago, transam said:

Total Rollox..........🙄

great retort.....so. i am well under 50 and can still get western chicks, on Tao they are the majority similar to phangan and even samui.., you are well passed 50, so you are limited to broken english conversations with Thai bar girls.... unless you know some 'real' thai girls

• Haha 1

Just now, frank83628 said:

great retort.....so. i am well under 50 and can still get western chicks, on Tao they are the majority similar to phangan and even samui.., you are well passed 50, so you are limited to broken english conversations with Thai bar girls.... unless you know some 'real' thai girls

Me, in girlie bars...........🙄

Now come on Franky, some of us grow up, didn't develop late.........:huh:

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I would not want a wife with a higher degree. For a dozen good reasons. 

Most women want financial stability anywhere in the world, whether they admit it or not. The difference is here the women are more honest about their financial needs and desires. I know a lot of men who have engaged in relationships with lovely, kind, supportive, humorous, and sexy women here, who are no longer lonely. We have very good lives. Fulfilling lives. Lives we could never dream of having back in the US, Oz, NZ, UK, Canada, or Scandinavia.

Even though my wife is very smart, I do not get much intellectual stimulation from the relationship. But, I get so much else. And in all of the relationships I was ever in with really smart women, who I got intellectual stimulation from, there was also so much grief to contend with. Such combative women. So much competition. Yikes. Thrilled to death to have left all of that behind. When I was only in the relationship for a year or so, I had dinner with a very sharp American friend. I asked him about that. He laughed. He said, when you feel the need for intellectual stimulation, call me. We can hook up for the meal, and break down the origins of the cosmos. Do not fret. That same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Get over it. Enjoy all of the other qualities, that make your day so delightful and fulfilling. Great advice, that I have followed to this day. I learned long ago that an intellectual woman, who can match me intellectually, also tends to be a combative woman, and the chance of harmony is low. I for one, love a harmonious house, where my woman is joyful and light hearted, with a great sense of humor, and an amazing attitude toward life, and us. Just my point of view. Whatever works for you, stick with it.

Mike, from previous exchanges I know we disagree on this.

We're all different on what we want. But I couldn't live with someone who wasn't equal to me, it would drive me crazy.

Now that comes with some downsides, yep it can fuel some unholy ding dongs, but we generally kiss and make up, and at least for me the upsides outweigh the downsides and I guess 20+ years together means we've made it work.

My eldest daughter is much the same. Tough as nails. She always wants her own way, but a weak man who would let her get her own way all the time, she'd see as weak and pathetic.

Human relationships are complex and frikken hard, and farang or Thai it's not much different