Thai Mother Accused of Killing Son in Wales Appears in Court

23 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yeah. I think there might be a job for you in a Sharia court as a judge. She's a woman! Who cares about evidence? Who cares about due process? Who cares about her state of mind? Who cares about the abuse she suffered and maybe her kids? Bury her up to her neck and throw rocks at her. It's what she deserves. A life for a life.

She killed her own child.

I have sympathy for many people. Child killers are not in that list. Interesting that you have so much empathy for her though. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I have sympathy for many people. Child killers are not in that list. Interesting that you have so much empathy for her though. 

Do you mean sympathy? Yeah, she killed her own child, and she'll have to live with that for the rest of her life. You don't. You'll have forgotten all about this in a few days. What gives you the right to come the moral judge and call all the shots? What's interesting about me showing sympathy? Just some snide sideways remark I guess. You have a list of people you have sympathy for? I doubt it. What do you think would drive a mother to do that? Got a check list for that too? Yeah, look at you. Child killers are not on your list. What a fatuous statement. Who the hell are you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/18/2024 at 8:54 AM, JonnyF said:

She killed her own child. My sympathy is with the kid.

Unfortunately the child can't receive your sympathy.

How many 'sane' mothers do you know that would kill their child? Mental illness is a reality whether you believe it or not - your comments are shameful.

11 hours ago, bradiston said:

And the beauty of Sharia is, it's guaranteed totally unwoke! No namby pamby decadent western liberalism. In fact I'm not sure why the rightists haven't latched on to it. Right up their street. They're fighting on the wrong side. Their all Islamic extremists at heart. No different.

Thank you doctor.................

The more I read Asean Now, the less my failth in my fellow man. Prior to the advent of social media I had no idea so many brainless, shallow minded people existed.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Unfortunately the child can't receive your sympathy.

How many 'sane' mothers do you know that would kill their child? Mental illness is a reality whether you believe it or not - your comments are shameful.

If the Mother was insane then she wouldn't be in Court, she would be in a hospital . 

Parents without mental problems do indeed kill their Children 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, bradiston said:

And the beauty of Sharia is, it's guaranteed totally unwoke! No namby pamby decadent western liberalism. In fact I'm not sure why the rightists haven't latched on to it. Right up their street. They're fighting on the wrong side. Their all Islamic extremists at heart. No different.

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The sad thing is that we have to share this planet with people like you two. I seem to remember that Hitler wanted to exterminate those with mental illness.

Edited by MangoKorat

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If the Mother was insane then she wouldn't be in Court, she would be in a hospital . 

I don't know where you are from but in the UK all people accused of crimes, even those who are mentally ill, have to go through the court system first. Only a judge can rule that their crime is due to insanity.

Such cases are ALWAYS dealt with by the courts in the first instance - so, YES, she most certainly would be in court.

Edited by MangoKorat

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You actually believe that a mother who was sane would kill a 7 year old? Sad, very sad.

14 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I don't know where you are from but in the UK all people accused of crimes, even those who are mentally ill, have to go through the court system first. Only a judge can rule that their crime is due to insanity.

Such cases are ALWAYS dealt with by the courts in the first instance - so, YES, she most certainly would be in court.

Wait until the doctors have declared her to ne insane, before giving her sympathy 

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It happens . 

Heres an example 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wear-68557974

I would suggest that that woman's beliefs are also insane as are her actions - even if she was not declared so. The line between evil and insanity is very thin and often blurred.  Just ask yourself, could you kill your child?

Thousands of people are convicted of crimes every year - minor and otherwise.  If you talk to the professionals, they will tell you that many of those people are either insane or do not have the same mental capacity as the rest of us.

I know a young man who has a severe form of Autism.  Speaking to him you would think he is quite normal but in fact he has a total lack of empathy and often hurts those around him (mentally) without any knowledge that his behaviour is not normal. He would not be classified as insane but sometimes his actions, his words and his overall behaviour are simply inexplicable. I know him very well, he's my grandson.

I doubt my grandson would ever be a killer - I'm just pointing out that insantity takes on many forms.

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

I would suggest that that woman's beliefs are also insane as are her actions - even if she was not declared so. The line between evil and insanity is very thin and often blurred.  Just ask yourself, could you kill your child?

Thousands of people are convicted of crimes every year - minor and otherwise.  If you talk to the professionals, they will tell you that many of those people are either insane or do not have the same mental capacity as the rest of us.

I know a young man who has a severe form of Autism.  Speaking to him you would think he is quite normal but in fact he has a total lack of empathy and often hurts those around him (mentally) without any knowledge that his behaviour is not normal. He would not be classified as insane but sometimes his actions, his words and his overall behaviour are simply inexplicable. I know him very well, he's my grandson.

I doubt my grandson would ever be a killer - I'm just pointing out that insantity takes on many forms.

I wouldn't kill anyone and I trust you when you say that your grandson wouldn't either  , but there are some people that would and do kill others an they are not all insane 

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Wait until the doctors have declared her to ne insane, before giving her sympathy 

The doctors may or may not declare her as insane. The definition of criminal insanity is very different in all parts of the world.  A simple definition of criminal responsibility does not in fact mean that a person is sane. A court may determine that even a mentally ill person has criminal responsibility - judges can only act within the definitions they are given and not all cases fit such definitions. That does not mean that a person is sane, only that in the courts opinion, they have criminal responsibility for their actions.

I repeat my earlier statement, do you actually believe that a sane mother could kill a 7 year old?

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I wouldn't kill anyone and I trust you when you say that your grandson wouldn't either  , but there are some people that would and do kill others an they are not all insane 

I refuse to believe that any mother having a normal and correctly functioning mind could/would ever murder their children.

7 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I refuse to believe that any mother having a normal and correctly functioning mind could/would ever murder their children.

Yes, normally Mothers do not kill their Children , but some mothers hate their Children and try to harm them and sometimes they kill them .

Some sadists enjoy harming others .

They may not be normal, but they also aren't insane 

4 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

The sad thing is that we have to share this planet with people like you two. I seem to remember that Hitler wanted to exterminate those with mental illness.

Edited by bradiston

4 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

You obviously don't appreciate irony.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Has she been convicted yet?

Edited by bradiston

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

Has she been convicted yet?

You've already exonerated her on the unfounded notion that someone "might" have once referred to the Asian woman as Asian.

I always wonder what makes people empathise with people that kill their own children. Especially given the definition of empathy.

A fascinating phenomenon. More than a bit weird, but fascinating none the less.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

You've already exonerated her on the unfounded notion that someone "might" have once referred to the Asian woman as Asian.

I always wonder what makes people empathise with people that kill their own children. Especially given the definition of empathy.

A fascinating phenomenon. More than a bit weird, but fascinating none the less.

Er ... I included the Asian reference as it's something my Thai wife experienced while we were living in South Wales, but it was one of several epithets, coupled with various swear words, along with "chink". Whites don't have any really insulting or demeaning names thrown at them which is pretty weird. Maybe white honky redneck mf, but that's nothing. You've selected one small part of my post and turned it into something it was never intended to be.

I sympathise with her situation, as much as I can understand it. You don't "always wonder" do you? It's there just for effect, but it's a complete lie. And, it's patronising and it constitutes gaslighting. And apart from anything, she hasn't been convicted yet. No judge has made any comment except you, and you're 100% unqualified. Your adopted posture of moral outrage is laughable. But you're happy in the illusion it's unassailable. But it's not. You're just a charlatan barrack room rabble rouser.

5 hours ago, bradiston said:

Er ... I included the Asian reference as it's something my Thai wife experienced while we were living in South Wales, but it was one of several epithets, coupled with various swear words, along with "chink". Whites don't have any really insulting or demeaning names thrown at them which is pretty weird. Maybe white honky redneck mf, but that's nothing. You've selected one small part of my post and turned it into something it was never intended to be.

I sympathise with her situation, as much as I can understand it. You don't "always wonder" do you? It's there just for effect, but it's a complete lie. And, it's patronising and it constitutes gaslighting. And apart from anything, she hasn't been convicted yet. No judge has made any comment except you, and you're 100% unqualified. Your adopted posture of moral outrage is laughable. But you're happy in the illusion it's unassailable. But it's not. You're just a charlatan barrack room rabble rouser.

She admitted to killing her child. 

You "empathize" with her.

Not one word from you about the murdered child just some lame attempts to blame racist Welsh people when there was no mention of racism in the story.

It would be funny if it wasn't so disturbing. 

20 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

The more I read Asean Now, the less my failth in my fellow man. Prior to the advent of social media I had no idea so many brainless, shallow minded people existed.

Live and learn , just be more careful with who you talk to.

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

She admitted to killing her child. 

You "empathize" with her.

Not one word from you about the murdered child just some lame attempts to blame racist Welsh people when there was no mention of racism in the story.

It would be funny if it wasn't so disturbing. 

Nowhere does she admit kiling her child in what I have read. You'd be declared unfit for jury service for sure with your disinformation and prejudices. She's guilty before there's even a trial.

And what do you mean, I "empathise" with her? Even if it were true is that a crime? You don't know the difference between empathy and sympathy?

Blame the Welsh? My daughter was born there, and my great grandparents were Welsh. I've lived in Wales in the past off and on for almost 10 years, North and South. You just have no idea what you're talking about, have you?

I'm glad you find it disturbing. Makes you think, right? Because all I see coming from you are judgmental platitudes. Go grind your axe elsewhere.