Thai Airways Among World's Top Ten Airlines in 2024

webfact

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Airways has clinched the No.8 spot on Travel & Leisure’s World’s Best Awards 2024

I read it made the most profit of all airlines. 

I always enjoyed flying Thai and would choose it above other airlines. 

I reckon others are like me, do the same. Probably why the airline always have the highest prices, they look for profits. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Georgealbert said:

Earlier this year Piyasvasti Amranaf, an independent director of Thai Airways, posted data which shows that Thai Airways in 2023 was the world’s highest profit margin making airline, as Thai Aiways is reportedly charging the highest margin on its ticket sales among all airlines.

IMG_3880.jpeg

Yes, that's what I read. 

Thanks mate 👍

I like Thai Air, but they stopped flying direct from Brisbane, when they start a direct flight to and from Brisbane I will return. Currently flying Singapore Airlines, mainly because I would rather have a stopover in Singapore than Sydney.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I fly Thai international every couple of months and find the counter service very good, and have no complaints about the on board service, food or comfortability of the seats although business class could be upgraded a bit. As far as prices go it pays to shop around for the best deal and travel days.

Thai Smile was great domestically. Have flown Thai Airways many times previously roundtrip between BKK-NRT (Japan). Nothing at all special about Thai. Staff were just OK. Finished cabin service, then hid in the galleys eating and talking until the landing service, every single time. Tiny, thimble sized cups and glasses. Had to get up and hunt them down in the galley for another drink or coffee. Delta is far better internationally and back in the day, Northwest Airlines (NWA) was superior too. Flying Qatar in September to Africa and surely they will far exceed anything Thai provides, in all aspects. 

Disclaimer: have not flown Thai in 5 years, so perhaps they have improved. Hope so. 

Edited by Skeptic7

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Airways has clinched the No.8 spot on Travel & Leisure’s World’s Best Awards 2024, placing it among the top ten airlines globally.

Amazing land of recoveries... 

17 hours ago, Khyron said:

Travel and Leisure, Skytrax, and other groups that have people "vote" for the best airlines are all "pay for play".

The amount of money the airlines pay determines how high they are in the "voting". I've flown Thai in the past couple of years, albeit domestically, and the planes are filthy, and worn looking. Thai air Asia is a much better product.

I think that it’s perhaps a fair claim about SkyTrax given they are largely a ratings/review entity.. However, T&L I think is a bit different as they are first and foremost a legitimate travel magazine dating back to the 70s as I recall.  So, while I might question yhr .. scope .. of someone like SkyTrax, I think T&Ls ratings are probably based on much more data actual traveler data and from a wider audience.    But in the end, any “rating” for things that are not purely numerical and objects in nature, are always going to be both subjective and biased no matter to source 

18 hours ago, WHansen said:

Voted highly by travellers that have never used a different airline

Flown most and still enjoy Thai. Have a good connection to the West from local town. Good times, Love the staff who have to put up with miserable foreigners. Emirates, Qatar are nice but haven’t got the patience to mess about changing planes, plus they’re pricey nowadays and routinely charge silly money to pick a normal seat. 

52 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Thai Smile was great domestically. Have flown Thai Airways many times previously roundtrip between BKK-NRT (Japan). Nothing at all special about Thai. Staff were just OK. Finished cabin service, then hid in the galleys eating and talking until the landing service, every single time. Tiny, thimble sized cups and glasses. Had to get up and hunt them down in the galley for another drink or coffee. Delta is far better internationally and back in the day, Northwest Airlines (NWA) was superior too. Flying Qatar in September to Africa and surely they will far exceed anything Thai provides, in all aspects. 

Disclaimer: have not flown Thai in 5 years, so perhaps they have improved. Hope so. 

Loved THAI Smile. They were rarely much more than the Mickey Mouse airlines with all their annoying add-ons, and had the best times, beautiful honeys and would park up at the gate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Travelled on THAISmile twice last year and they were good. No complaints. Sadly now defunct and absorbed back into the clutches of the mothership. For international I would not even consider THAI, not on my radar, too many superior carriers to choose from.