Chaos Erupts in Leeds UK: Streets Ablaze as Rioters Clash with Police

Social Media

image.png.81b1f1007699385644bdbc0972b6d643.png

Leeds, in West Yorkshire, has witnessed its streets engulfed in flames and violence as riots erupted in the multi-ethnic suburb of Harehills. The chaos, driven by violent mobs, forced police officers to flee after being targeted with bricks and other missiles. The unrest has escalated to the point where a double-decker bus was set on fire, adding to the scenes of disorder and destruction.

The disturbance began earlier in the evening when a dispute involving agency workers ignited violent resistance in the streets of Harehills. This neighborhood, known for its diverse population and high levels of unemployment, became the epicenter of lawless turmoil. Angry gangs flipped over a police car, and social media footage captured youths punching the vehicle's windows, throwing objects, and ultimately breaking into the car while others filmed the mayhem. One man was even seen using a child's scooter to hammer at the police car's windows before the rioters managed to overturn it.

The situation deteriorated further as locals shared videos of a double-decker bus set ablaze. Police officers, who had returned to the scene after the bus was torched, were again forced to flee for their lives. Darren Grimes, posting on X, commented, "Now @WestYorksPolice have been forced to LEAVE once AGAIN as cars burn and missiles are thrown at their vehicles. Lawless Leeds is burning. Britain is falling."

Harehills, with its large immigrant population primarily comprising British Asians of Pakistani origin, has long been characterized by cultural and ethnic diversity. The area’s history is marred by violent incidents and racial tensions, including the infamous Harehills Riot of 2001. This previous riot was triggered by the wrongful arrest of an Asian man and resulted in a six-hour confrontation with West Yorkshire Police, leading to the imprisonment of 26 individuals.

Tonight’s unrest adds to the troubled history of Harehills, highlighting ongoing issues within the community. The high levels of unemployment and underlying racial tensions continue to fuel discord, making it a hotspot for such violent outbreaks. The scenes of chaos, with police cars overturned, buses set alight, and officers fleeing for safety, underscore the gravity of the situation and the urgent need for addressing the root causes of such violence in the community.

Credit: Daily Express 2024-07-19

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Social services were trying to remove a 7 month old baby that had sustained head injuries having apparently been dropped out of a window.

So presumably this is your excuse for the riots that ensued?

So why the Express focus on immigrants and little if any information on the events surrounding the start of the riots?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Social services were trying to remove a 7 month old baby that had sustained head injuries having apparently been dropped out of a window.

So presumably this is your excuse for the riots that ensued?

Jonny, do you have a link to the underlined statement?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, transam said:

It was your friend's setting light to the bus, was it not, and you will protect them, as usual....?

This is what Enoch envisaged, oh how right he was, and oh how wrong you are...........:clap2:

My friends transam?

If you have information on who torched the bus contact the Police, but don’t do so if you are simply dreaming up wild and baseless speculation.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

You forget, I don't forget your anti-Brit, foreigner protection posts from over the many years I have been reading here, and I am not the only one that has read your stuff.

But you carry on, it's what you do....:sad:

Whatever it is that’s making you miserable today Transam, it’s not my fault.

Once you grasp that you’ll not waste anymore time with your baseless personal attacks.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Whatever it is that’s making you miserable today Transam, it’s not my fault.

Once you grasp that you’ll not waste anymore time with your baseless personal attacks.

The only thing that has made me miserable today is you turning up on queue ready to back up your friends, same ol', same ol'............. :coffee1:

I look forward to "your" new, fab, Gov sorting out the UK and your excuses for them.................😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

As an outsider who knows little about these events, it nonetheless appears that Nigel was correct again.

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Of course he was.

That's why he is labelled a Nazi, fascist, racist etc.

They can't argue against his position, so they demonize him instead. 

According to the OP the population of the neighbourhood is primarily composed of British Asian.

• Like 1