Signs youve been here too long !

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

seems you have not come across gammas posts.......and there are about 3k of them..all useless..

as for the OP....the chubby isaan thai ladies have finally stopped asking me if I want a massage on my daily bike rides...

You wonder why a stop in 7-11 is a daily ritual but never step foot in one back home

You come to the conclusion that prostitution may in fact NOT be illegal....

You are no longer surprised when thais wear their coats on backwards or have oven mitts on their moto sai!!!

Not recently but I have in the past

3 hours ago, Terrance8812 said:
  1. You put ketchup on your pizza.
  2. You put soy sauce on your eggs.
  3. Your put salt in your orange juice.
  4. Motorcycles driving on pedestrian walkways seems perfectly normal.
  5. You no longer expect cars to stop for you at crosswalks.
  6. Red lights become optional when driving.
  7. Rats and roaches running over your feet in the Sois no longer shocks you.
  8. You no longer get startled when rubbish piles in the street start moving.
  9. Picking your nose in public seems perfectly normal, but using a toothpick to clean your teeth requires hiding behind your other hand.
  10. Sitting on the street with one foot on the opposite knee and picking your toes becomes a normal habit.

Yes to all ....... except ketchup on pizza ..... noooooo!

Had many pizzas totally ruined because I was too late with the 'mai ow sauce', and only remembered when the multi-barrel ketchup gatling gun starts spurting red spunk all over my pizza!

On 7/19/2024 at 8:30 PM, jaywalker2 said:

You're a hopeless alcoholic who spends the weekends drooling over far bar girls before passing out.

That was in my first week here. 😉 

• Haha 2

Seeing 60+ year old foreign men walking hand in hand with 20 year old Thai girls or boys doesn't even phase you. 

Seeing 5 people on one motorcycle all wearing flip-flops and no helmets seems perfectly normal to you. 

Seeing people chomping on deep fried insects doesn't even get a head turn from you anymore. 

Seeing at least one guy wearing makeup (and dressed in full drag) in every Thai TV variety show seems perfect. 

Seeing 25 people riding in the back of one pick-up truck with the tailgate hanging down seems like a great way to travel. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Your heart rate increases every time the phone rings because it's probably a telemarketing call or a scam call. 

You finally accept the fact that you are going to be charged double at many places because you are a "gullible" farang.

You finally accept the fact that Thais neither like nor trust farangs, and all the smiles are fake.

• Sad 4
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, fittobethaied said:

You finally accept the fact that Thais neither like nor trust farangs, and all the smiles are fake.

Farangs hate other farangs even more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

I think that this is a good fun topic, it's when bob and GG start a topic you just move on.

Maybe the OP is bob or GG. Only a couple of hundred posts after all.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Terrance8812 said:
  1. You put ketchup on your pizza.
  2. You put soy sauce on your eggs.
  3. Your put salt in your orange juice.
  4. Motorcycles driving on pedestrian walkways seems perfectly normal.
  5. You no longer expect cars to stop for you at crosswalks.
  6. Red lights become optional when driving.
  7. Rats and roaches running over your feet in the Sois no longer shocks you.
  8. You no longer get startled when rubbish piles in the street start moving.
  9. Picking your nose in public seems perfectly normal, but using a toothpick to clean your teeth requires hiding behind your other hand.
  10. Sitting on the street with one foot on the opposite knee and picking your toes becomes a normal habit.

10 out of 10 for this list IMHO!

2 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Your heart rate increases every time the phone rings because it's probably a telemarketing call or a scam call.

I don't let them get to me. I keep the ringer turned off on my phones. That teaches them!

On 7/19/2024 at 7:51 PM, The Cobra said:

Just for fun, some things you probably now do having been in Thailand for awhile.

You no longer wonder why the toilet roll is on the table and not in the bathroom.

You can get elastic bands of plastic bags of food without getting it all over you.

Pointing at things with your lips

Doesn't bother you motorcycles and cars are on the wrongside going in the wrong direction.

Paying tea money at roadsideno longer bothers you.

Loads of sauce bottles in the fridge but none of them are tomatoes.

You have dozens of spoons but only 2 forks.

You speak pigeon English to other farangs.

You stopped doing currency conversion in your head.

Please add yours 😉

Very funny and true! Thanks for the laugh lol

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, stoner said:

you have met every single retired SAS and know all the secret missions. 

I got so much of that when I first came here I gave up asking people what they did back home. Even if some don't come right out and start telling you porkies about their black ops days, maybe I would say oh I'm glad you're not going to tell me a story about the CIA or when you were a Navy Seal....usual response....looking around warily as if other "operatives" may hear the conversation...."well I wasn't going to mention it but"....Ended up I did meet a guy worked in a CIA office SEA. Knew him for a year he never mentioned it. Only found out when I went to his house and saw the photos, awards and citations.

On 7/19/2024 at 8:30 PM, jaywalker2 said:

You're a hopeless alcoholic who spends the weekends drooling over far bar girls before passing out.

Not just the weekends mate!

Wohoo!!!!...it's Monday!

Edited by NanLaew

On 7/19/2024 at 10:09 PM, NativeBob said:

you go to school and pretend you're real teacher while kids openly dispise you [as a teacher]

Hopefully you don't teach English.

LOL