Expats angry at huge concessions in latest Thai visa announcements

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

“And for what, when you can come and go as you please with the new visas?”

Because that ones who come and leave bring this broke country more money. If this is not a message that you are not desired here, I don't know what is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

If you don't extend DTV in country and just do border runs for a new 180 you would never under current enforcement have to do a TM30* or TM47 whilst living here for 5 years. So, those of us on extensions have to deal with "retentive" address confirmations via TM30 and 90 day reports, while the DTV people fly under the radar and Immigration may not know where they are.

In an interview a senior IO said that the reason for TM30 enforcement was that it was embarrassing when they could not find people when requested by foreign police forces or when a tourist hadn't posted on Facebook for 48 hours and for some reason people back home assumed they had been murdered.

*Landlord might file TM30.

i haven't read up on DTV, are you saying people on one are exempt from tm30 and tm47, and also make the owner where you live, exempt from tm30

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I'm saying how and where will they enforce TM30 and 90 day. They enforce it currently when people go for an extension, whether 1 year or 30 day VE, but not at borders entering and leaving so DTV people fall through the TM30/47 reporting enforcement under current enforcement - can stay 5 years and Immigration will never know where they are. Immigration enforce TM30/47 on US like it is important, but hardly enforce it on Landlords.

It’s not a landlord job to file TM30. It’s the housemaster job and that happens to be the one with the lease in hand. 

• Confused 8