Hilary Clinton to replace Joe Biden

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

'splain, please...

#1 the stock market, the central bank, the Fed, huge corporations, billionaires, military industrial complex, the civil service.

#2 the government

#3 the public

In order of who has the power in the land, and with 34 trillion dollars of debt it doesn't matter who the president is, the wagon has already been pushed off the cliff.  1 trillion seconds is 31 thousand years + + just to give you an idea of the magnitude of the debt that can't be paid back.

Just now, soalbundy said:

#1 the stock market, the central bank, the Fed, huge corporations, billionaires, military industrial complex, the civil service.

#2 the government

#3 the public

In order of who has the power in the land, and with 34 trillion dollars of debt it doesn't matter who the president is, the wagon has already been pushed off the cliff.  1 trillion seconds is 31 thousand years + + just to give you an idea of the magnitude of the debt that can't be paid back.

On that, we agree.  I was afraid you were starting the Republic vs Democracy discussion that gets done to death.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

#2 the government

#3 the public

Paid back?  Have you considered the fact that the people holding the debt may be happy with just the interest payments?  If their money isn’t in bonds, where will they put it?  In overpriced stocks?  In overpriced real estate?  Anyway, it’s all relative.  The USA isn’t the only country in the world with a large debt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Trump IS a convicted felon

You are regurgitating a lie, Trump is not a convicted felon. 

a convicted sex offender

You are regurgitating a lie, Trump is not a convicted sex offender.

and a serial liar.

Like Biden then. 

You seem to believe him?

About some things. Do I believe him when he calims to have had the biggest crowds in the history of the world? No. Do I believe him when he says he will close the border and that he loves the country? Yes. 

What "crime" has Hilary Clinton actually been convicted of?

Campain finance violations, she got a pass on everything else. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, paymaster said:

Why is ASEAN posting this rubbish. Where are the moderators?

What “rubbish”?  People are entitled to their opinions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jas007 said:

What “rubbish”?  People are entitled to their opinions.

I am speaking g of the original story. It's not an opinion It's a troll. An opinion might read "Michelle Obama to replace Biden." That may be at least a little bit credible as Obama has refused to endorse Harris whereas the Clintons  have. I accept your premise  100% that all are entitled to an opinion. But on the original troll I'll save my breath to cool my porridge. 

4 minutes ago, jas007 said:

Paid back?  Have you considered the fact that the people holding the debt may be happy with just the interest payments?  If their money isn’t in bonds, where will they put it?  In overpriced stocks?  In overpriced real estate?  Anyway, it’s all relative.  The USA isn’t the only country in the world with a large debt.

The point is that the budget deficit is getting larger each year and therefore the debt also becomes larger (I've read somewhere that by 2030 it will be 50 trillion) the interest payments are enormous. If and when other countries decide that holding US debt is too risky then the US is bankrupt. Would your bank continue lending you money when you already have enormous amounts of debt and continue to spend more than you earn and show no intention of reducing your debt? The debt is also inflationary because the government also borrows from the FED who can just print money from thin air, this reduces the worth of the dollars to the lenders who consequently will demand higher interest from the US (who will have to print more money to pay it, a situation which isn't viable.

Yes other countries have higher debt to GDP, Japan for instance but most of their debt is local,ie in yen. The EU has 11 trillion in debt laughable compared to the US.

When the BRICS currency rolls out then there is no hope for the US.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The point is that the budget deficit is getting larger each year and therefore the debt also becomes larger (I've read somewhere that by 2030 it will be 50 trillion) the interest payments are enormous. If and when other countries decide that holding US debt is too risky then the US is bankrupt. Would your bank continue lending you money when you already have enormous amounts of debt and continue to spend more than you earn and show no intention of reducing your debt? The debt is also inflationary because the government also borrows from the FED who can just print money from thin air, this reduces the worth of the dollars to the lenders who consequently will demand higher interest from the US (who will have to print more money to pay it, a situation which isn't viable.

Yes other countries have higher debt to GDP, Japan for instance but most of their debt is local,ie in yen. The EU has 11 trillion in debt laughable compared to the US.

When the BRICS currency rolls out then there is no hope for the US.

Why?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Why?

Because their currency will be partially backed by gold and hence more stable and since it will be ruled by more than one country its stability will be jealously guarded. The oil producing countries will demand Brics currency, not dollars as a result, it will be the end of the dollar as a world reserve currency (it's the only reason that they could pile on so much debt) At the moment it is still the reserve currency of choice which allows it to bully other states into compliance but the world is getting sick of it and the worm is turning.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Because their currency will be partially backed by gold and hence more stable and since it will be ruled by more than one country its stability will be jealously guarded. The oil producing countries will demand Brics currency, not dollars as a result, it will be the end of the dollar as a world reserve currency (it's the only reason that they could pile on so much debt) At the moment it is still the reserve currency of choice which allows it to bully other states into compliance but the world is getting sick of it and the worm is turning.

So, they will quit trading with the US?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The "popular vote" in each state matters quite a lot. 

But not in electing the President, the electoral college decides that. The losers always have to bring it up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So, they will quit trading with the US?

No of course not but why should they lend them money if they are going to be paid back with an unstable currency. It could be that as with the dollar now, countries will prefer to be paid with Brics currency, This is going to be destabilizing for the whole world at first and will bring about new geopolitical partnerships, I can imagine that in 20 years or so the EU will be partnered with Russia, while Asia will look to China, the US will have its partners in South America, its backyard. Who knows, just my ramblings, but one thing is clear the US can't continue down this debt road, there is no free lunch and all empires come to an end.

15 minutes ago, proton said:

But not in electing the President, the electoral college decides that. The losers always have to bring it up.

Does the popular vote in each state not determine how the electors vote? I know they do in red state, maybe in blue states the DNC just tells them how to vote. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No of course not but why should they lend them money if they are going to be paid back with an unstable currency. It could be that as with the dollar now, countries will prefer to be paid with Brics currency, This is going to be destabilizing for the whole world at first and will bring about new geopolitical partnerships, I can imagine that in 20 years or so the EU will be partnered with Russia, while Asia will look to China, the US will have its partners in South America, its backyard. Who knows, just my ramblings, but one thing is clear the US can't continue down this debt road, there is no free lunch and all empires come to an end.

I agree with you in regard to the debt debacle, it is an effing nightmare. 

That said, the US produces about 20% of the world's oil, which is no small thing. If the US ramps up production and stops imports, the price plummets, leaving Russia and the Middle East broke. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

America is a flawed Republic.   On rare occasions, the state electors vote for a different that the one who won the state’s popular vote.  During the 2020 presidential election there were apparently many irregularities with many due to COVID.   The Bush vs Gore election was very close with hanging chads becoming an issue.   In the end, the Supreme Court had to decide who would be President.  I hope that there is not too much cheating this time.   If a material amount of cheating is discovered, the decision should be made by the Supreme Court.   It is likely that there will be a large amount of rioting and damage done no matter who wins. With disempowered police, it could be extremely disruptive.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DogNo1 said:

America is a flawed Republic.   On rare occasions, the state electors vote for a different that the one who won the state’s popular vote.  During the 2020 presidential election there were apparently many irregularities with many due to COVID.   The Bush vs Gore election was very close with hanging chads becoming an issue.   In the end, the Supreme Court had to decide who would be President.  I hope that there is not too much cheating this time.   If a material amount of cheating is discovered, the decision should be made by the Supreme Court.   It is likely that there will be a large amount of rioting and damage done no matter who wins. With disempowered police, it could be extremely disruptive.

Is there a government of any kind that is not flawed? 

Hey, remember all the lefties that had the big campaign to try and overturn the 2016 election by getting the electors to "vote their conscious" and not vote for Trump? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChrisKC said:

I haven't yet noticed anyone reporting what it actually true!!

Kamala Harris is the current Vice President to Biden and has already been nominated and endorsed by Biden.

She has attracted a great deal of attention and millions of dollars for the campaign to become President.

I have no doubt that arising from this, Trump will become very much a "has been"

Plenty of info on YouTube

She has been endorsed by Biden, but she is not yet been nominated. 

How many millions? 

YouTube, got it.

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

I agree with you in regard to the debt debacle, it is an effing nightmare. 

That said, the US produces about 20% of the world's oil, which is no small thing. If the US ramps up production and stops imports, the price plummets, leaving Russia and the Middle East broke. 

I don't think so, Venezueler has the largest oil reserves but due to the US it can't sell any, with the US losing influence it can, Russia has huge possibilities for as yet untapped reserves and China has just found large oil reserves in the North that it can tap. Apart from that Oil is losing its importance as energy, green energy, gas, nuclear power etc will continue to play a bigger part in the energy market. Fresh water will become the next sought after resource.

• Like 2