The Notorious Nana Hotel Lobby

My very first night in Thailand was in Bangkok, I stayed in the JW Marriott, I remember I was on the 16th floor overlooking the Nana hotel and Nana plaza, WTF is going on down there, I didn't know at the time, the time about about 3 am, I'll check that out in the morning, That coffee shop was open, within an hour I had picked up a half Thai/Japanese girl bought 2 watches, I think I'd better get out of here before it cost me anymore, I need to get my bearings I'll be back later, 

That area was dangerous, wall to wall pussy, I did end up renting an apartment down Soi 2, I did some damage in the 18 months I lived there, but happy days, 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've stayed at Nana Hotel twice in the past year.  It surprised me. Value for money.  Good location, good breakfast (including bacon), big pool, the rooms have all be renovated with nice beds and bathrooms, lots of elevators, friendly staff, and the rooms are quiet.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, RSD1 said:

has been taken over by that useless Hooters bar.

There are new memories to be made by the new generation.

You are just a relic stuck in the past.

Was there last in the 90's when the skytrain was being built and all through the night, thud thud thud. Screaming girls, people knocking on the door, must have been for the previous guest. About 2 am another knock- room service, all this food outside I had not ordered. Went to the crappy disco once, horrible music. Think it was about 1200 baht back then. Soi 4 is not the place to stay.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I never stayed there because I was afraid of hearing sex sounds from the next room over. I was also afraid of the mattress.

Imagine the bed stains.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I was watching hotel video's last night. The Nana looks pretty run down. 

The breakfast looks dire. Coffee mate instead of milk for coffee. I can't think of another breakfast buffet where they don't put out some milk. Not even little Coffee Mate packets, just a big bucket of dubious white powder, Probably not even real Coffee Mate.

Back in the day, when such things mattered, I used their travel agency, which was reputed to be one of the best.

It is not aimed at your posh demographic. It is for povos that want sex.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I was watching hotel video's last night. The Nana looks pretty run down. 

The breakfast looks dire. Coffee mate instead of milk for coffee. I can't think of another breakfast buffet where they don't put out some milk. Not even little Coffee Mate packets, just a big bucket of dubious white powder, Probably not even real Coffee Mate.

Back in the day, when such things mattered, I used their travel agency, which was reputed to be one of the best.

Back in the nineties, the coffee shop used to have pretty acceptable food serving many of the typical Thai dishes made to order. Believe it or not, lunch time on weekdays and the coffee shop was packed with office workers eating in groups or 2-4 from the surrounding office buildings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flexomike said:

First time there was in 1968, had my first Happy Ending in Thailand, Oh too be young again

Wow, nearly sixty years ago. The lobby probably looks nearly the same today as it did back then. I'll bet there are possibly a few staff working at the front desk who have been there since at least the eighties. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Prubangboy said:

The thought of you guzzling down Coffee Mate and thumping yourself on your back over your "thrift" delights me.

It looks like a dump. I stay in better places at half the cost. I always have real milk with coffee.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1997, never stayed in the hotel but used to have a few beers in the bar, was always a bit of fun, and were always plenty of ladies looking for company.

2 hours ago, 2long said:

There are short-time rooms inside (apparently🫣🤭)

500B were all sold out and only had 600B when I (I mean a guy I know) recently went.

Is that a fact that they offer short time rooms? I was never aware of that. In the eighties and nineties the rates were something like 800 Baht for the whole night. It's now listed at about 1,300 Baht a night on Agoda. But back then the USD exchange rate was only 25 Baht to the dollar. Given the current price and the current exchange rate, the room cost is still about the same 30 years later.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It's actually the pillows you need to worry about, not the mattress. Pillows are where you have your head and mouth.

The core pillow is never changed, only the cover. People use the pillows to prop the body during sex, especially if it's a larger foreigner and a small lady. For example, placed under the hips in a frog thrusting position (or a doggy style support for the lady) and other worst case scenario positions as far as body fluids are concerned.

The reason I only mentioned the mattress is because I bring my own pillow to a lot of places.

Frog thrusting :cheesy:

• Sad 1

Just now, RSD1 said:

Is that a fact that they offer short time rooms? I was never aware of that. In the eighties and nineties the rates were something like 800 Baht for the whole night. It's now listed at about 1,300 Baht a night on Agoda. But back then the USD exchange rate was only 25 Baht to the dollar. Given the current price and the current exchange rate, the room cost is still about the same 30 years later.

1300 is high for that quality. It looks like a 400 baht room.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, swerve said:

I've stayed at Nana Hotel twice in the past year.  It surprised me. Value for money.  Good location, good breakfast (including bacon), big pool, the rooms have all be renovated with nice beds and bathrooms, lots of elevators, friendly staff, and the rooms are quiet.

They have renovated some things since the nineties it seems. Sadly the same can't be said for the lobby. 

Just now, marin said:

Why do you keep babbling on when you admitted at the start of the thread you have never been there? You lose all credibility when you just post to post. 

I know how to look at photos on the web :cheesy:

• Sad 3