Buying car in official showroom with cash and banknotes

Hi,

Has anyone had experience with buying a car with cash and banknotes?

For example, car price is : 2.5mil baht.

I instant transfer 2mil baht to their account using my mobile app and add 500k baht in cash banknotes.

I am asking this because I have a limit on my mobile banking app of 2 million per day and was wondering if I could just close the deal the same day by paying 2 mils by online bank transfer and +500k baht cash notes.

I do know that I can just go to the bank and do a manual transfer by the bank manager or something like that; I will do that if the option above is not allowed.

7 minutes ago, bkkniko said:

Hi,

I instant transfer 2mil baht to their account using my mobile app and add 500k baht in cash banknotes.

I am asking this because I have a limit on my mobile banking app of 2 million per day and was wondering if I could just close the deal the same day by paying 2 mils by online bank transfer and +500k baht cash notes.

I do know that I can just go to the bank and do a manual transfer by the bank manager or something like that; I will do that if the option above is not allowed.

Ask 'your' bank, not here..😉

I did buy a ride 100% cash, but that was a long time ago.......

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Ask 'your' bank, not here..😉

I did buy a ride 100% cash, but that was a long time ago.......

Why bank, its more like I should ask the dealership. I bought here a car with 100% cash as well, which as around 900k so it was under my daily limit transfer, bank does not care if you buy with cash or not, its about the dealership.

• Confused 2

Just now, bkkniko said:

Why bank, its more like I should ask the dealership. I bought here a car with 100% cash as well, which as around 900k so it was under my daily limit transfer, bank does not care if you buy with cash or not, its about the dealership.

Banks may have different rules, so 'I', being thoughtful, would ask 'my' bank before I did anything......🤗

But, if you know best, why ask..........😉

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

Banks may have different rules, so 'I', being thoughtful, would ask 'my' bank before I did anything......🤗

But, if you know best, why ask..........😉

I asked completely different question tho

It's about dealing with car showrooms, not the bank

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, bkkniko said:

That's the only way years ago, I'm sure it's still acceptable these days. 

It's always amusing to see the money counters, flicking through all the notes. 

Grab a coffee and take a seat, it will take a little time. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 2

I did buy an car and paid with multiple transfers of 2M baht per day, I didn’t want to make the trip to BKK to go to the dealership.

I ordered and paid remotely and they trailered the car to me. I have never been to the dealership though the car went back twice under warranty.

13 hours ago, bkkniko said:

Hi,

I recently made transfers from my Bangkok Bank account to purchase a car. It appears that with new third-party transfers, there is a qualifying period. My transfers were capped at 500k per day, requiring me to contact the bank daily for each transaction. I completed one transfer one day and another on the day I picked up the car, using my laptop for enhanced security. It's advisable to inquire with your bank before attempting such a transfer. In my experience, the bank only answered specific questions when contacted and did not volunteer information for subsequent steps in the process, which I found quite frustrating and time-consuming, as it seems to operate on a 'need-to-know' basis.

I've bought a few new cars here. The payment was always the same.....go to the bank and transfer the money to the dealers' accounts. No cash involved. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As stated, dealer doesn't care where the money comes from, transfer or cash, or both.   2.5M .. pocket change, just bust open one of those pillow cases.

If transfer delays things, it shouldn't, then do all cash.   We've only done cash, though just shy of 1M for our most expensive vehicle.  Not really a car person, though that new release of the MG Maxus 9 is pretty spiffy, and if not just buying a car, that would have been tempting, and around 2.5M.  A bit more than I would normally consider for 4 wheel transport.

Happy Motoring.

2m+ cash withdrawal will likely trigger reporting threshold from the Bank too

cashier's cheque/ bank draft are relatively easy to do, but cost more than just transfer, which if it's over your limit on the app/internet banking you can still do over the counter with the bank's staff  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2024 at 12:15 AM, AreYouGerman said:

Bought 3 cars and a motorbike, always put the cash on the desk and had the current gf doing a lot of selfies.

that is classic 🙂