Kamala Harris Former Prosecutor v Convicted Criminal Energizing the Presidential Race

Social Media

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The accusation that she slept her way to promotion/power is a classic misogynist trope, I called it out earlier in this thread, you are simply providing variations on a theme.

Criticizing Harris for having an affair with a married man is not in and of itself misogyny.

That’s the difference.

The difference is hypocrisy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Jee wizz I live in California I don’t see any of that here,I’m living in the state with the fifth largest economy on the ENTIRE planet…..the wife and I go for our 3 mile hike every day sometimes in the canyon near our home ……no trash no illegals  no sewage….sometimes we decide to do the waterfront walk alongside the bay surrounded by millions of people industry and small craft of all kinds…..you would be hard pressed to find any trash or an oil slick you are mistaken California reeks of money and success.

Really? Head down to downtown LA - disingenuous and entitled claptrap.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Walker88 said:

As whacky as the felon has been for years, he's getting worse now that he sees President Harris in the White House and himself in an orange jumpsuit in Leavenworth. He's panicking and gagging. Here is what the felon posted the other evening on his social network.

Clearly he's run out of epithets and nicknames, as he's back with "Lyin'". He's still deep into superlatives ("worst" "most dangerous"). And "brilliant young man"? Who dat?

Go change your Depends, felon. Harris is relentless. Prosecutor vs Felon. SHe's going to further emasculate the fat old loser.

Crazy.jpg

Please help me understand.

A fine young man who stands convicted of 34 counts of falsifying business records?

A brilliant young man whose business ventures have gone bankrupt 9-10 times?

A brilliant young man who succeeded in turning a $5 million defamation award against him into $88 million, because he could not keep his mouth shut?

A brilliant young man who is 78 years old?

When Trump drinks his Diet Coke ( not working, BTW ) what else is in it? LSD ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, gargamon said:

The inbred rednecks with their ar-15s against the US army/navy/marines with their advanced weaponry. That should last a long time.

Biden said fighter jets are required. Yet 12/6 sticks were used.

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

I agree. If that's what you got on her, run with it. As Willie Brown is quoted above: So What?

Because someone sleeping her way, if not to the top, then to get on the way to the top is an extremely anti-feminist way to get ahead and undermines a key pillar of modern liberalism.

To be clear, I'm not running with anything.  I only jumped in because I saw an obvious falsehood about her being propagated (honestly, I had never before heard of the Willie Brown thing before this morning, looked into it, and it's almost certainly true).

Vote for her if you want, I really don't care.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

So you think Kamala 'slept her way to the top' despite someone pointing out that after 2003 all the very serious and high profile roles she attained were voted by the public? If she did 'partially' sleep her way to the top at the beginning then at least the majority of her senior roles were acheived entirely on merit and her ability to do the job and in the end, who really cares other than those trying desperately to dillute her considerable acheivements. 

I would much rather this than Trumps nepotism that saw both Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump given roles as senior White House advisors despite absolutely no experience in government whatsoever. He even gave Jared the job of 'sorting out the Middle East', something that has eluded even the best and brightest for decades but also (coincidentally) managed to get him 'investments' of $1.2 billion from Qatar and $2 billion from Saudi.

Oh and by the way, Chomper is right. You wouldn't be saying any of this if it was a man 'sleeping his way to the top'. THAT'S what makes it mysogony.   

If 1) a man gained his position in politics by sleeping around and 2) he was a candidate for a party that prides itself on the opposite, yes I would.

Again, it's true so it's NOT misogyny.  If you don't view how she got to where she is, I don't care.  But I will argue if you claim it didn't happen.

And, again, I don't care about Trump.  Vote for Harris, vote for Trump.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChicagoExpat said:

If 1) a man gained his position in politics by sleeping around and 2) he was a candidate for a party that prides itself on the opposite, yes I would.

Again, it's true so it's NOT misogyny.  If you don't view how she got to where she is, I don't care.  But I will argue if you claim it didn't happen.

And, again, I don't care about Trump.  Vote for Harris, vote for Trump.

They will never see the hypocrisy - blinkered is as blinkered does.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

They will never see the hypocrisy - blinkered is as blinkered does.   

Hello Bob!  Looks like we found something to agree on!  🙂  Let's not bring up that other topic 😇

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

The difference is hypocrisy 

So you can explain where the hypocrisy is? Give it your best go.

The accusation that she slept her way to promotion/power is a classic misogynist trope, I called it out earlier in this thread, you are simply providing variations on a theme.

Criticizing Harris for having an affair with a married man is not in and of itself misogyny.

That’s the difference.

27 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Because someone sleeping her way, if not to the top, then to get on the way to the top is an extremely anti-feminist way to get ahead and undermines a key pillar of modern liberalism.

To be clear, I'm not running with anything.  I only jumped in because I saw an obvious falsehood about her being propagated (honestly, I had never before heard of the Willie Brown thing before this morning, looked into it, and it's almost certainly true).

Vote for her if you want, I really don't care.

Harris had been Assistant Alameda County DA for 3 years before getting her first patronage appointment from Brown. This has all been reported widely that Brown gave Harris the job as he was ending his 14 year term as CA Assembly Speaker as the Repubs were taking over control.

As in this LA Times headline November 1994:

2 More Brown Associates Get Well-Paid Posts : The Speaker appoints his frequent companion and a longtime friend to state boards as his hold on his own powerful position wanes.

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Harris had been Assistant Alameda County DA for 3 years before getting her first patronage appointment from Brown. This has all been reported widely that Brown gave Harris the job as he was ending his 14 year term as CA Assembly Speaker as the Repubs were taking over control.

As in this LA Times headline November 1994:

2 More Brown Associates Get Well-Paid Posts : The Speaker appoints his frequent companion and a longtime friend to state boards as his hold on his own powerful position wanes.

Wow, still going?  OK, but this will be my last comment on it.  I don't know about your timeline either way, but to take it at face value, "The Speaker appoints his girlfriend to state boards/well paid post" seems to support what I have been saying.  There had to be some sort of payoff to a 30 year old giving bl@wj@bs to a married (if separated) 60 year old.  It wasn't for his good looks.

9 hours ago, Tug said:

People with good parenting skills and compassion most likely 

Are you claiming gender dysphoria is the fault of the parents?

17 minutes ago, impulse said:

The right wing media had that correction in print before the ink dried on the false rumor.

Fake Gnus.

I posted a link days and days ago. I'd go back and look for that thread, but it's a PITA on a small screen in an airport. Someone else can look maybe...

Nobody's deserting. In fact, Musk's endorsement, and the technology he can bring to expose any election shenanigans is worth more than money. Keep in mind he has warned against insecure voting machines, unlimited mail in ballots, and registering illegals to vote. The Twitter/X data scraping may make a difference this time.  Well see if the RNC has really learned the lessons.

The path to the Presidency is to have Trump convince the non-believers the election was stollen in 2020. Keep the media blasted.

Back in 1968, my 5th grade class held an election to see who should be president. I'll never forget Chip Williams'  campaign poster proclaiming "Boss Hair, Boss Kennedy."

I don't know why your post reminded me of that. Really, I do know.  But Mom always told me to say something nice, or don't say anything at all.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

The right wing media had that correction in print before the ink dried on the false rumor.

Fake Gnus.

I posted a link days and days ago. I'd go back and look for that thread, but it's a PITA on a small screen in an airport. Someone else can look maybe...

Nobody's deserting. In fact, Musk's endorsement, and the technology he can bring to expose any election shenanigans is worth more than money. Keep in mind he has warned against insecure voting machines, unlimited mail in ballots, and registering illegals to vote. The Twitter/X data scraping may make a difference this time.  Well see if the RNC has really learned the lessons.

Obviously a true MAGA, as he has adopted the classical conspiracy theories! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1