Mobile Banking Alert

When using my SCB Easy app or my Bangkok Bank app, I get denied access and receive this message below.

Although I have turned off Accessibilty Service (as far as I know) I still get denied access and continue getting the same message.

My phone is an old Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime and I seem to have done everything that Google advised me to do. I also tried deleting then reloading the app.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Banking warning comp.jpg

Edited by kidneyw

18 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

When using my SCB Easy app or my Bangkok Bank app, I get denied access and receive this message below.

Although I have turned off Accessibilty Service (as far as I know) I still get denied access and continue getting the same message.

My phone is an old Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime and I seem to have done everything that Google advised me to do. I also tried deleting then reloading the app.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Banking warning comp.jpg

What Android software is your phone updated too. If under Android 11, then banking apps probably won't work.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

What Android software is your phone updated too. If under Android 11, then banking apps probably won't work.

Couchpotato the SCB app has worked for six years. The Bangkok Bank one I installed a month ago. I used both a few days ago with no problem. I did get one phone call from an unknown Thai guy who spoke to me a bit, then hung up when I told him I could not speak Thai. But no message or download. Do not know what changed.

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

Both SCB and Bangkok Bank quote Android 8 and above for their mobile banking apps - I am sure it will soon change to 9 but that's a long way from 11..........

1 hour ago, kidneyw said:
1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

Couchpotato the SCB app has worked for six years. The Bangkok Bank one I installed a month ago.

Yes, yesterday it didn't rain either, but today there is a lot of rain. Do you understand that yesterday isn't a guarantee for tomorrow, and that Android 8 is outdated and their security patch is not sufficient anymore for banking apps?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kidneyw said:

My phone is an old Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime

Your problem is outdated software, time to get a new device.

Edited by DrJoy
  • Agree 1

I don't know about Samsung, but the "Accessibility section" on iPhones is to do with things to aid people with hearing or sight problems.  

Have you turned anything like that on recently?

3 hours ago, kidneyw said:

That is what my daughter said.

I stopped using my NOTE4 for internet banking when my bank refused to allow the use of the Marshmallow 6.01 Android OS.

This has been a good thing, since I have spent less and saved more during this period of inactivity brought on by Forced Obsolescence.

I will not buy a new phone until my present phone dies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, phetphet said:

I don't know about Samsung, but the "Accessibility section" on iPhones is to do with things to aid people with hearing or sight problems.  

Have you turned anything like that on recently?

Have not turned anything on recently or downloaded anything new.

10 hours ago, topt said:

Both SCB and Bangkok Bank quote Android 8 and above for their mobile banking apps - I am sure it will soon change to 9 but that's a long way from 11..........

Using Android 8.

I know you think you've turned off all Accessibility options on your phone, but I suggest you go back and take a second look.

Go into Settings->Accessibility. Make sure every option slider is turned off, or set to "None" or "Default.  Go into every line on the menu and double check everything.

I suspect it is probably a vision enhancement such as high contrast theme or background setting, and the app is not configured to display in an alternative colour setting.

16 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I know you think you've turned off all Accessibility options on your phone, but I suggest you go back and take a second look.

Go into Settings->Accessibility. Make sure every option slider is turned off, or set to "None" or "Default.  Go into every line on the menu and double check everything.

I suspect it is probably a vision enhancement such as high contrast theme or background setting, and the app is not configured to display in an alternative colour setting.

I agree that this is the most likely reason. A year or so ago I turned on one of these accessibility enhancements on my Android phone and then my SCB app stopped working, with that error message displayed. I turned off that accessibility setting and the SCB app immediately worked again.

2 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Lowered the brightness setting and that worked. Thanks guys.

Brightness has nothing to do with accessibility settings. That setting is about other apps be able to read screen content, and most banking apps will not allow that

2 hours ago, kidneyw said:

Lowered the brightness setting

So lowering screen brightness enabled the banking apps to run again?! I have my doubts!

FWIW I went to accessibility settings on my Xiaomi phone as I have never been there before, and they are turned on by default so I left them on. All my banking apps work as well!

I get the same SCB warning when I authorize the accessibility to the app Cube ACR connector for recording telephone calls (it tracks which activity is currently on screen)

You may got to Accessibility - Installed apps and check if you have something that you could switch off and try to use SCB banking

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

So lowering screen brightness enabled the banking apps to run again?! I have my doubts!

That was what it took to make it work.

Doubt away I worked.

• Like 1