How is this possible?

Jordan Peterson claims all beef diet fixed his health problems including gum disease, depression and other things. I know beef has lots of nutrients but it isnt high in certain things. Mystery to me. 

• Confused 3

Well it can be placebo, but human body is adoptable as long you get enough essential vitamins and minerals.

For some who have mental disorders,  experience more stable moods on carnivores diet. 

Possibly paid by the cattle farmers lobby group.  I remember when the tobacco lobby was paying people to claim health benefits for smoking.  Similar to the oil lobby paying for 'research' into the environment.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Enoon said:

The statement is made possible by the falling consumption of beef in the US and the willingness of Big Beef to pay "influencers", such as Peterson, to promote its consumption:

https://www.meatpoultry.com/articles/29604-2024-industry-outlook-beef-dealing-with-two-year-decline

https://www.wired.com/story/beef-consumption-boomers/

He does not look poor enough to really need bribes. I see no reason for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like JP and as I understand the thinking, some people have dietary issues, and the only way to figure it out is by eliminating everything from your diet, and trying one food at a time, and because it takes months to detect any change, it would take a lifetime to determine what is causing the issue. 

He did a nice 90-minute interview with Elon Musk, but I can't seem to understand what the heck Elon's saying half the time. 

Beef is pretty darn healthy and nutrition packed.   Leaner cuts probably a bit better.  Excess fat and you get 'free' tallow, and better than most cooking oils.  I like getting a picanha every now any then.  Don't mind all that fat as renders down to a lot of tallow.  Hard to find a thick meatier one at Makro, but always buy them when I see 'em.  Pretty much the only beef I buy now for steaks or roasts or roast beef for sandwiches.

Not sure about a 100% diet of, and can't imagine anyone actually does it.  But if going 'all anything', that would be one of the best choices.

Edited by KhunLA

26 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I would have thought that the biggest risk he would be facing would be scurvy due to the lack of fruit and vegetables. Sailors of old used to suffer terribly from it.

Liver has vitamin C but I'm not sure he eats it.

There are a million other things that could have been the cause. People like to single out one thing as a casual factor. Look at any lifestyle habit he has and you could point to it as a healer.

3 hours ago, susanlea said:

Jordan Peterson claims all beef diet fixed his health problems including gum disease, depression and other things. I know beef has lots of nutrients but it isnt high in certain things. Mystery to me. 

No, not 100% beef, this is what he actually claims...

He advocates for consuming a variety of animal proteins, including beef, poultry, and fish, to ensure a well-rounded nutrient intake.

In addition to animal protein, Peterson emphasizes the importance of consuming an abundance of greens and vegetables. 

https://keto-daily.com/the-jordan-peterson-diet-a-comprehensive-guide-to-his-eating-habits/#:~:text=The Jordan Peterson Diet is,and maintain his mental clarity.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

A jest ? Suggesting someone is a liar?

Your sense of humour  is ....sad.

Better a sad sense of humour than none at all.

I would have described it as flippant, rather than sad.

I might not have dignified it with a comment, if I did not approve, nor understand.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He advocates for consuming a variety of animal proteins, including beef, poultry, and fish, to ensure a well-rounded nutrient intake.

In addition to animal protein, Peterson emphasizes the importance of consuming an abundance of greens and vegetables. 

https://keto-daily.com/the-jordan-peterson-diet-a-comprehensive-guide-to-his-eating-habits/#:~:text=The Jordan Peterson Diet is,and maintain his mental clarity.

That website is not his words. On a podcast he said beef and salt only.

Edited by susanlea
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Now we get the "REST of the STORY"!  Yeah eating the right amount and not excess, can probably do wonders for some people including beef and based on stories in the news constantly, bad foods are being sold regularly that negatively affect anyone's health.  Everyone must decide what they want to eat, when, how much, etc and others should accept that!  IF one wants to be restricted in every way, go to N. Korea and they will take care of you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Now we get the "REST of the STORY"!  Yeah eating the right amount and not excess, can probably do wonders for some people including beef and based on stories in the news constantly, bad foods are being sold regularly that negatively affect anyone's health.  Everyone must decide what they want to eat, when, how much, etc and others should accept that!  IF one wants to be restricted in every way, go to N. Korea and they will take care of you.

That website has no direct quotes from Peterson. They appear to be making things up.

8 minutes ago, susanlea said:

That website has no direct quotes from Peterson. They appear to be making things up.

and, how is that different from most of the comments on this forum?  Some things are basically true while others seem to be true while many just seem to be trolll searching.  Diets are so personally consumed that it fits the troll category.  At 77, I know what is a good diet and what is garbage.  If people ate well/healthy then the developed world would not be filled with fat or obese people.  Besides eating to much beef would mean too many cows and that increases air pollution and tons of water use.  Choosing what to eat is one of the last total freedoms we can

experience these days.  Hopefully it is a healthy diet but look at Trump - an avid Mickey D's fast foods, he and his doctor say he is healthy and only weight 215 pounds!  Just look at him and decide if that is true.  ANYWAY, HAVE A GOOD ONE, ENJOY YOUR MEALS

1 minute ago, Presnock said:

and, how is that different from most of the comments on this forum?  Some things are basically true while others seem to be true while many just seem to be trolll searching.  Diets are so personally consumed that it fits the troll category.  At 77, I know what is a good diet and what is garbage.  If people ate well/healthy then the developed world would not be filled with fat or obese people.  Besides eating to much beef would mean too many cows and that increases air pollution and tons of water use.  Choosing what to eat is one of the last total freedoms we can

experience these days.  Hopefully it is a healthy diet but look at Trump - an avid Mickey D's fast foods, he and his doctor say he is healthy and only weight 215 pounds!  Just look at him and decide if that is true.  ANYWAY, HAVE A GOOD ONE, ENJOY YOUR MEALS

I'm interested in the truth. JP appears to be an honest person. What exactly does he eat? Did it cure gum disease etc? In podcasts he has said

Beef and salt

All meat mostly beef (plus salt)

He has made no mention of eggs and avocado.

I'm not sure about liver but his daughter has said she eats liver and a range of meats.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Hopefully it is a healthy diet but look at Trump - an avid Mickey D's fast foods, he and his doctor say he is healthy and only weight 215 pounds!  Just look at him and decide if that is true.  ANYWAY, HAVE A GOOD ONE, ENJOY YOUR MEALS

Yet Buffet eats ice cream daily at 93 and is doing well. I wonder how much meat he eats too. 

• Thumbs Up 1