Ex-PM Thaksin’s Dubai dreams dashed: Medical treatment declined

His sister (former PM Yingluck Shinawatra) is still in exile as well. Last heard living in London although she became the chairwoman of a Chinese Container Terminal company located in Guangdong, not far from Hong Kong.

She is still facing a 5 year prison sentence as well. Kind of surprised she didn't get the same deal her big brother did.

1 minute ago, Kerryd said:

His sister (former PM Yingluck Shinawatra) is still in exile as well. Last heard living in London although she became the chairwoman of a Chinese Container Terminal company located in Guangdong, not far from Hong Kong.

She is still facing a 5 year prison sentence as well. Kind of surprised she didn't get the same deal her big brother did.

I calculate that to be 7.5 hours she will be looking at...... based on what daddy faced.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Court Denies Thaksin Shinawatras Request to Travel Abroad for Medical Treatment
By Kittisak Phalaharn

image.jpeg

On July 31st, 2024, Thai national media reported that on July 27th, Mr. Thaksin Shinawatra, a defendant in a Section 112 lèse-majesté case, requested permission to travel abroad. The court scheduled a hearing on the request for July 30th, and issued a ruling on the same day.

After examining the evidence, the court allowed Thaksin to be temporarily released while his case was under review, but prohibited him from leaving the country.

Thaksin sought to travel to the United Arab Emirates (Dubai) from August 1 to 16, 2024, for medical treatment. He reportedly plans to see medical experts on August 2nd and 8th for chronic pneumonia, respiratory and cardiovascular issues, a torn right shoulder ligament, and a herniated disc.

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-08-01

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Not much difference as all are in on the joke

image.jpeg.b9d08a5be40655313278654a4b0dbf0c.jpeg.bd114f384d736bd9de9540da92f465b0.jpegrayliottagoodfellaslaughing-481152632.jpg.b7bc5b8b80349e7ff7c3f2684c0c4418.jpg

21 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Bootlicking, seems your understanding of anatomy needs updating 😉

Don't tell me there is someone kneeling down just behind him....Baloo?

• Haha 1

We should thank Thaksin for telling the world that Thai doctors are useless I suppose. 

Personally, I haven't decided to fly abroad for treatment.

3 minutes ago, Frankie baby said:

Looks like he's having to use the local hospitals & get ripped off like the rest of us.  

He must be gutted he's not still in jail....then he could have enjoyed the 5* treatment courtesy of the police hospital

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not really. Every one I know in Issan has forsaken him and no longer supports him. After selling out both his party and his soul, few respect him anymore. His relevance has diminished greatly. His moral bankruptcy has multiplied and grown. He is an embarrassment to all. 

Same, same here in our village Spider. A couple of years ago they would not hear a bad word about Him, now, the political climate has done a u turn. Strangely, the same goes for a person who cannot be mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Same, same here in our village Spider. A couple of years ago they would not hear a bad word about Him, now, the political climate has done a u turn. Strangely, the same goes for a person who cannot be mentioned.

Respect has to be earned, and should never, ever be freely given. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

No wonder I needed the assistance of Google and Wikipedia to figure that one out. I’d never heard of J. Arthur Rank, and I doubt too many other people have!

Good for you! A little investigate work will do you no great harm.  I guess it is a generational thing. 

Edited by Unamerican
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Just let him go, and lock the door so he can't get back in. 

shouldn't have allowed him in last time.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the court remained unmoved, stating that Thaksin’s conditions could be adequately treated by doctors in Thailand.

Indeed, Thai soft power and all that. Being the hub of hubs includes being a medical hub.

It's funny how that comes to bite him.

Surely if a person was too ill to receive ANY visitors when they were too ill to go to jail, they are definitely not fit enough to fly. Of course there may be also concern they are a flight risk. I can't imagine why. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Artisi said:

It's amazing what a few Baht can do. 

Sure, but that's the same for every politician who buys rural votes.

Mrs Chelseafan's family still think he was the best PM.

• Haha 1

At last a court that refused a request from the former fugitive so last week he was having a huge family party now he wants to return to his adopted country does he know something we don’t only time will tell !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder what ordinary Thais think about dear leader, that Thai hospitals and doctors are not good enough for him. 

They were good enough whilst having to spend time in prison wonder what the doctors think who were supposedly taking care of him in the police hospital 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, crazykopite said:

At last a court that refused a request from the former fugitive so last week he was having a huge family party now he wants to return to his adopted country does he know something we don’t only time will tell !

That is only today's court decision.....let's wait and see what their Friday decision is...555 

• Like 1