Cheap Charlies blocked my review

Pattaya57

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

So the OP paid for a year membership card without checking their food before? Hard to believe

Not a year, it's valid 1 July to 31 Oct for 299 baht. I got my money back on first 3 specials, they just weren't very good. Best one was the 215 baht Sunday roast lamb for 99 baht and the worst was the 199 baht sirloin steak that I posted my pretty tame negative review about, luckily only 99 baht with card

Edited by Pattaya57

Facebook reviews are always subject to the whims of the page controller and are of very limited value IMHO, most businesses would remove negative reviews. I only ever review on Google. Some fake reviews there of course, but you can usually pick your way through.

I eat at CC Jomtien sometimes and agree its a bit mixed, although never tried steak. Actually the Thai food there is not bad - the lemongrass salad with raw prawns is very nice at ฿99.

• Thumbs Up 2

He got fed up with negative comments so they get stopped now. One of mine was automatically stopped after i gave a negative review but it was later reinstated as it was a positive review.

I'd say generally it's ok but some 99 baht meals are child size which certainly aren't worth the full price.

Waitresses are moody though, a few good friendly ones, others have formed a waitress mafia

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Waitresses are moody though, a few good friendly ones, others have formed a waitress mafia

I'd say they are fed up with all the moaning, complaining foreigners. 

The name CC, welcomes these type of customers. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'd say they are fed up with all the moaning, complaining foreigners. 

The name CC, welcomes these type of customers. 

Maybe but waitresses often become tip Nazis, not just there

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Facebook reviews are always subject to the whims of the page controller and are of very limited value IMHO, most businesses would remove negative reviews. I only ever review on Google. Some fake reviews there of course, but you can usually pick your way through.

I eat at CC Jomtien sometimes and agree its a bit mixed, although never tried steak. Actually the Thai food there is not bad - the lemongrass salad with raw prawns is very nice at ฿99.

Spot on......

It does what it says on the tin, foods cheap, service is OK, had some good grub and some bad, but then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder or the taste of said food is in the stomach of the hungry.