Cheap Charlies blocked my review

Pattaya57

7 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are claiming that waitresses in restaurants in Thailand usually have Felang boyfriends ?

What are you basing that opinion on ?

Or is that just what you imagine ?

Older Western men think that they are Gods gift to woman , so they flirt with evert female under 25 they encounter 

Based on a farang restaurant i go to some of them have farang boyfriends, plus i know it anyway, not unusual for boyfriends to encourage them to get a job, better than dragging them around 24/7. Your opinion seems distorted 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Nemises said:

Every time I walk past Cheap Charlies it’s full of lonely, old, miserable, penny-pinching, expat pensioners…kinda like what the average AN poster would look like!

Surely it is below you to be in that area. Why do you keep wandering around there?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Here's the Nicky's full english breaky (includes large coffee). I consider that a very good breakfast for 99 baht

Screenshot_20240803_104300_Facebook.jpg

If that's only 99 baht then that's gotta be good value ....   

51 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Nicky's is only 99 baht before 1pm and tastes much better than the CC 99 baht breakfast

In YOUR opinion......personally I rate Time Bar in LK Metro for their 99 baht brekkie....:thumbsup:

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, petermik said:

In YOUR opinion......

Well of course it's my opinion as I wrote it, who else's opinion would it be?

...did you need me to do a survey of 100 people before I can post Nicky's breakfast is better than CC's 😉

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Surely it is below you to be in that area. Why do you keep wandering around there?

I see you and your ilk at Cheap Charlie’s as I walk past there to get to the High Rollers bar (and similar). Enjoy your 99 baht meals… livin’ the dream! 🤣

On 8/3/2024 at 8:19 AM, Nemises said:

Every time I walk past Cheap Charlies it’s full of lonely, old, miserable, penny-pinching, expat pensioners…kinda like what the average AN poster would look like!

Maybe explain to us how you can skip passing a certain establishment, frequented by those who can't afford a +99 baht meal, when you walk that soi.

45 minutes ago, Nemises said:

I see you and your ilk at Cheap Charlie’s as I walk past there to get to the High Rollers bar (and similar). Enjoy your 99 baht meals… livin’ the dream! 🤣

Sound like one of those guys that will run out of money, seems to be the guys who talk about money often

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sound like one of those guys that will run out of money, seems to be the guys who talk about money often

I'm sure it will not be those that have stopped eating baked beans because they are over 50 baht a tin now. Or post here that they didn't know that the 200 baht coffee pot they bought from Lazada was a knock off from the +2000 baht Bialetti, and actually worked as good. 😅

Edited by CallumWK

6 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Well of course it's my opinion as I wrote it, who else's opinion would it be?

...did you need me to do a survey of 100 people before I can post Nicky's breakfast is better than CC's 😉

Oh please stop bagging Pattaya !

It's a fantastic beautiful place that has breakfasts from around the World

, please be positive and happy for once Mr Pattaya57 ...you obviously been in Pattaya too long and negativity is showing 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I'm sure it will not be those that have stopped eating baked beans because they are over 50 baht a tin now. Or post here that they didn't know that the 200 baht coffee pot they bought from Lazada was a knock off from the +2000 baht Bialetti, and actually worked as good. 😅

Bialetti is for those highfalutin guys, no difference to the copies, I can't remember anything you've posted before so i can't drag it up like you

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Bialetti is for those highfalutin guys, no difference to the copies

Bialetti is for those who can afford it. The knock offs for those who can't, and those who claim that the knock offs are as good as the original are just delusional, because how would they know when they never could afford to own an original one.

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can't remember anything you've posted before so i can't drag it up like you

Maybe go see a doctor for your short memory loss

13 hours ago, Nemises said:

Never use the place, so of course you talk nonsense! High Rollers Bar.... it's just a bar on the towns crappiest street really. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Maybe explain to us how you can skip passing a certain establishment, frequented by those who can't afford a +99 baht meal, when you walk that soi.

Try using the other side of the street, or using blinkers.......

I don't know what people have against CCs, it is popular and keeps people fed... I personally prefer AC places to eat.

Try using the other side of the street, or using blinkers.......

I don't know what people have against CCs, it is popular and keeps people fed... I personally prefer AC places to eat.

Some people are highfalutin, often run out of money

On 8/2/2024 at 6:24 PM, Pattaya57 said:

I just went on Cheap Charlies Facebook site and was shocked how all of the food reviews were so positive without a single criticism (I mean it was sickening how fantastic the food apparently is, 5 stars)

Now this has not been my experience after I bought the membership card that gives all daily specials at 99 baht. While it could be considered great value, I don't think any of the food has ever tasted great to me (been 4 or 5 times)

Anyway, I thought I'd post that tomorrow's sirloin steak special was not very good when I had it a couple of weeks ago, but what else to expect for 99 baht and within 2 minutes I was banned from their Facebook page. Now I understand why all the posts are so positive, anything else is just banned 😆 

You'd better use Google Maps. They can't remove or modify your review there. But on their own Facebook page they can do whatever they want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2024 at 9:07 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Nicky's is only 99 baht before 1pm and tastes much better than the CC 99 baht breakfast

On the subject of Nicky's, yes it's a better breakfast, but the laboratory/canteen atmosphere isn't great, plus today AC set at 20⁰ so will be 18-19.5⁰ most likely. Why do they think since they moved everyone wants to freeze. Then there's the music on too loud so i asked them to turn down. They just don't get it right

• Thanks 2

On 8/2/2024 at 10:19 PM, Jingthing said:

Welcome to Thailand where everything is great. Or else.

Who owns this Cheap Charlies place?

Thai or Foreign?

On 8/2/2024 at 10:19 PM, Jingthing said:

Welcome to Thailand where everything is great. Or else.

:cheesy: If you dig into it deeper, its clearly not a Thai owned affair! So your 'generalized' Thai bashing is not really right?

Correct me, please.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ravip said:

:cheesy: If you dig into it deeper, its clearly not a Thai owned affair! So your 'generalized' Thai bashing is not really right?

Correct me, please.

It's a flippin' business IN Thailand. 

• Sad 1