Can someone recommend a technician to flash a OnePlus 12 phone

I purchased a phone on Shopee. I assumed it would be operational in Thailand. I now find it has Chinese operating system and it must be flashed to a different operating system.  I am in Pattaya.

Before everyone suggests going to Tuk Com in Pattaya. I have been there and to the OPPO service center.

Oneplus is a vivo, OPPO, brand. The service center refuses to do because it is not a phone purchased in Thailand. The 5 Tuk Com stores all found it easier to just say no. The software conversion is available online but I need a technician to install.

Does anyone know someone skilled with flashing operating systems on cell phones. 

You might have to do it yourself with a computer and USB data cable  unlock the bootloader and then flash an official ROM  depending on the exact phone model there may well be easy to follow instructions  on a site like

https://xdaforums.com/c/oppo.12024/

Be sure that you get instructions and official ROM  for the exact phone

or you might "brick" it

50 minutes ago, johng said:

Ah I see in the headline it's a OnePlus 12 phone

this might be of help

Yes it has oxygen on it. I need to go to Color 12 os. I found the transfer program but it does not recognize the phone as connected.  The pc says it's connected but the conversion program says phone is not connected. 

From my very quick reading about this phone my understanding is that ColorOS is the Chinese version  and Oxygen is the "international" operating system  of which there seems to be 3 flavours Europe/Global (international)  North American and Indian.

If the conversion program doesn't recognise the phone  then  try a different USB cable  preferably the one that came with the phone

try reinstalling the USB drivers (the correct ones)  makes sure you acknowledge the popup on the phone screen about authorisation for the PC to connect.  Almost all my troubles (not with this brand but other phones) have come from dodgy USB cables and driver issues

That's assuming you already did the unlock bootloader stuff first.

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I purchased a phone on Shopee. I assumed it would be operational in Thailand. I now find it has Chinese operating system and it must be flashed to a different operating system.  I am in Pattaya.

Before everyone suggests going to Tuk Com in Pattaya. I have been there and to the OPPO service center.

Oneplus is a vivo, OPPO, brand. The service center refuses to do because it is not a phone purchased in Thailand. The 5 Tuk Com stores all found it easier to just say no. The software conversion is available online but I need a technician to install.

Does anyone know someone skilled with flashing operating systems on cell phones. 

I am looking at a Xaomei Mi 13C 5G on Shopee, Bht 2999. At the Mi shop it is Bht 10,000. I think the same will apply.

1 hour ago, johng said:

If the conversion program doesn't recognise the phone  then  try a different USB cable  preferably the one that came with the phone

try reinstalling the USB drivers (the correct ones)  makes sure you acknowledge the popup on the phone screen about authorisation for the PC to connect.  Almost all my troubles (not with this brand but other phones) have come from dodgy USB cables and driver issues

That's assuming you already did the unlock bootloader stuff first.

That is possible but I used the new USB cable that came with the phone.  The PC recognizes the phone.  It is in the device manager, and it shows in My PC as an external.  

In terms of the bootloader.  I did what the instructions said.  I went into developer mode and enabled USB debugging.  That is the only instructions the program provided.  So, I don't think it is a bad cable.  I think for whatever reason the program just can't pick up on the phone being connected.  

2 hours ago, johng said:

From my very quick reading about this phone my understanding is that ColorOS is the Chinese version  and Oxygen is the "international" operating system  of which there seems to be 3 flavours Europe/Global (international)  North American and Indian.

I don't think that is technically true.  My phone says in the error message that it is Chinese.  I think that the phone was flashed to Oxygen OS and that originally it came with Color 12.  The problem with the international version is that it does not allow software updates.  This Oxygen OS does allow updates since I have already received one notice of a download.  

12 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I think for whatever reason the program just can't pick up on the phone being connected. 

What "program" are you trying to use ?  and what instructions are you following  link to them might help to figure out what's going wrong.

I believe the international version will get updates if you re lock the bootloader after flashing the ROM/os

Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2024 at 8:44 AM, johng said:

What "program" are you trying to use ?  and what instructions are you following  link to them might help to figure out what's going wrong.

I believe the international version will get updates if you re lock the bootloader after flashing the ROM/os

It is my understanding that there is an international version, a Chinese version called Color OS and Oxygen.  The Chinese version comes with Color OS so somebody flashed the phone I bought to Oxygen.  

Oxygen does not allow remote access.  Color OS does.  Oppo which has several brands including Oneplus has a download that indicates it will flash the Oxygen OS to Color OS.  I have downloaded it.  Everything works great until you plug in the phone to the computer using a USB cord.  It says phone not connected.  However when I go to my file explorer the phone shows as an external drive.  It is clearly labeled as oneplus 12.  I can open the internal storage on the phone and view the files. So it definitely is connected.  There has to be something that needs to be changed in the phone settings so that the OTS update program from vivo recognizes the phone. 

Edited by Longwood50

On 8/5/2024 at 2:29 PM, Longwood50 said:

Oneplus is a vivo

The service center refuses to do because it is not a phone purchased in Thailand.

Vivo service centres are Rayong and Chonburi, nothing here in Pattaya. 

You say it has a Chinese OS, sounds like a cheap Chinese copy. 

I've bought the gf a few phones of Lazada, they came from China, all had Android 10, 11 etc operating systems

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

26 minutes ago, surat04 said:

ColorOS is for OPPO phones

OxygenOS is for Oneplus phones.

You want CPH2581 listed in the XDA link given in a previous reply.

Specs for Oneplus 12

China does things differently. 

IMG_20240812_151411.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

17 hours ago, surat04 said:

ColorOS is for OPPO phones

OxygenOS is for Oneplus phones.

You want CPH2581 listed in the XDA link given in a previous reply

I have talked directly to Oppo.  They use Colos OS on Oneplus phones in China. 

I have been trying to do this for several years on an old Honor/Huawii phone from when I lived in China. No luck. Hard to get the phone image hard to break into the kernel. Easier to buy a new phone. They are cheap as chips here.

@Longwood50  Ok so I downloaded the software   did the enable developer mode and USB debugging enable as per instructions (connection steps)

and at first the phone was not recognised.

colorOS_upgrade_tool.jpg.1c80b05c9467cbc5154b62de30c6c14c.jpg

I then installed some driver from here  https://oppousbdriver.com/

however I would  try something else before installing the driver  as I'm not sure is needed or even official.

with the phone connected to the pc with USB cable  and the

ColorOS upgrade tool running  but saying   "phone not connected"

on the phone go to developer options  select USB configuration  and cycle through the options

while watching the pc screen..I wasn't watching so don't know exactly the setting it liked but some how after cycling through all options  slowly  waiting for windows to make the bling blong new hardware found sound.. then back to charging  alacazam !!!

phone is now recognised and says update available,   I did not try updating.

colorOS_upgrade_tool_sucess.jpg.68c335ee6f888a515cfd7756d9a87cc4.jpg

I also earlier installed other drivers for Android debug  and that seems to work too so it could have been those drivers that made it work ???

adb_oppo.jpg.609605f304d2f3eb971bcb93f62ff33c.jpg

On 8/5/2024 at 7:40 PM, Longwood50 said:

In terms of the bootloader.  I did what the instructions said.  I went into developer mode and enabled USB debugging.  That is the only instructions the program provided.

You did not unlock the bootloader  if you only followed the instruction from the ColorOS upgrade tool...

I have my doubts you will be able to achieve what you want with the upgrade tool   but wish you success.

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Note that if you are planning on using any mobile banking apps, a modded phone may not work.

Yes good point...however "official" ROM's should be ok as long as you dont root and lock the bootloader as far as I understand.

As a side note, a few years ago  my wife bought a cheap

"Thai brand" phone  can't name the brand for fear of defamation suite...anyway  she could not use any Thai banking apps at all..she contacted them and they said an OS update would be rolled out soon....yeah still waiting !

On 8/13/2024 at 1:44 PM, johng said:

as long as you dont root and lock the bootloader as far as I understand.

Google safety Check I think looks for a locked bootloader to pass - as that is how phones come originally?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, topt said:

Google safety Check I think looks for a locked bootloader to pass - as that is how phones come originally?

Yes they originally come with locked bootloader.. I think

( not 100% sure)  Google and banking apps also check for root  they don't like root.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Yes they originally come with locked bootloader.. I think

( not 100% sure)  Google and banking apps also check for root  they don't like root.

Yes rooting is a big no no if detected but you can root and relock the bootloader in some cases. I gave up trying to spoof it (no Google either....) with my Thai banking app as it got more and more difficult so now have a separate phone just for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, topt said:

I gave up trying to spoof it (no Google either....) with my Thai banking app as it got more and more difficult so now have a separate phone just for that.

The phone will (has) become the de facto digital ID card almost impossible to avoid their use now  fingerprint and face scan biometrics all for "our safety"  of course  !!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...