The Tim Walz thread.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Walz retired from the military in May 2005.

He filed for retirement long before that, and long before March 17, 2005.

Walz himself never claimed he served in Afghanistan, the newspaper made the claim.

And, as you've been informed, knew in advance about the possible deployment in time to chicken out. No real other reason he'd leave service early and have his contingent rank taken away. He could still run while in the Guard, and even while deployed overseas.

Walz endorsed the book Winning Your Election the Wellstone Way claiming he served in Afghanistan. 'Course, he probably had told the lie himself to the author.

And here is holding a sign suggesting he's a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom:

image.png.9ee094fd028a131abdd718553fdde258.png

So it's obvious the lie originated with him, though he was shrewd enough not to be quoted, and he's perpetuating it, just as he perpetuated the lie that he retired as a command sergeant major. Media lapped up it ("fact checkers") and of course our leftists here duly parroted.

What a buffoon and blowhard, really. In his first speech as the nominee, he screamed out the "couch" lie about JD Vance and then stupidly bragged of his falsehood.

Probably the worst VP Kamala could have chosen. Could have had Shapiro. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Looks like a normal person , makes a refreshing change

from the MAGA weirdos 🤡, and Trump is worried .......the

momentum is now in the Democrats favour ...

regards Worgeordie

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Tim Walz's Approval Rating Surges as JD Vance's Falls (msn.com)

A YouGov survey conducted on August 8, two days after Harris announced Walz as her vice presidential pick, found the governor with a net favorability rating of +11. That was up from a +1 net favorability in another YouGov survey conducted in late July.

Vance, on the other hand, has seen his approval rating drop since Trump announced him as his running mate on July 15.

The Republican's net favorability was -6 in a YouGov survey conducted between July 15 and July 19. It dropped to -9 in another survey conducted between July 22 and July 25.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, watthong said:

Point of grammar taught in HS, too bad you missed that. No We believe you're not a MAGA fan because on average, inference and innuendoes, however wildly used, are not their forte...

Logic and common sense are learned through life experience. Does not appear you grasped those important subjects.. But what do I know because according to you I failed grammar in high school. So you are sure that I actually graduated from any high school? Would that mean you made an ASS umption? Also, congratulations on your self appointment as the grammar enforcement officer of this forum. 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

And, as you've been informed, knew in advance about the possible deployment in time to chicken out. No real other reason he'd leave service early and have his contingent rank taken away. He could still run while in the Guard, and even while deployed overseas.

Your argument is that a candidate for Congress could run, even while deployed overseas.

Are you drunk?

25 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Logic and common sense are learned through life experience. Does not appear you grasped those important subjects.. But what do I know because according to you I failed grammar in high school. So you are sure that I actually graduated from any high school? Would that mean you made an ASS umption? Also, congratulations on your self appointment as the grammar enforcement officer of this forum. 

The point is not your Grandma, it is your constant attacks on the Democratic ticket while claiming to be neutral.

What's your take on the Republican ticket being headed by a Vietnam era draft dodger?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The point is not your Grandma, it is your constant attacks on the Democratic ticket while claiming to be neutral.

What's your take on the Republican ticket being headed by a Vietnam era draft dodger?

Biden and Clinton are both draft-dodgers, so what? It's a badge of honor to the left. 

Harris and Walz are both hard leftists, I'll vote for most anyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Biden and Clinton are both draft-dodgers, so what? It's a badge of honor to the left. 

Harris and Walz are both hard leftists, I'll vote for most anyone else. 

So, you are okay supporting a draft dodger at the top of the Republican ticket, but cannot support a 24 year National Guard veteran because reasons.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

No problem serving in Congress.

The problem is running for Congress while deployed overseas.

But I thought he did not know he was going to be deployed? 

You're too funny

Just now, Danderman123 said:

So, you are okay supporting a draft dodger at the top of the Republican ticket, but cannot support a 24 year National Guard veteran because reasons.

I could absolutely support a National Guard veteran, why do you have to lie? 

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

And here is holding a sign suggesting he's a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom:

My Google doesn't work, but I believe that Operation Enduring Freedom was the US military response to 911. As part of that response, Walz was deployed overseas (to Italy), which makes him a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

But I thought he did not know he was going to be deployed? 

You're too funny

Everyone in the Guard was acutely aware of the possibility of deployment to Iraq, from 2003 on.

So, when preparing his run for Congress, Walz decided to retire from the Guard. 

Another factor to consider was the educational and testing requirements to continue as a Command Master Sergeant, which were incompatible with running for Congress.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

My Google doesn't work, but I believe that Operation Enduring Freedom was the US military response to 911. As part of that response, Walz was deployed overseas (to Italy), which makes him a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom.

No, it doesn't, any more than the than the guardsmen supporting the effort at bases in the US would be considered veterans of Operation Enduring Freedom.

My dad was in the service and a mechanic Guam supporting the D-day invasion, he was not a veteran of Operation Neptune. 

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I could absolutely support a National Guard veteran, why do you have to lie? 

Great to have you on Team Walz.

BTW, isn't it about 3 am in the USA right now? I'm in China and it's late afternoon now.

Edited by Danderman123

Just now, Yellowtail said:

No, it doesn't, any more than the than the guardsmen supporting the effort at bases in the US would be considered veterans of Operation Enduring Freedom.

My dad was in the service and a mechanic Guam supporting the D-day invasion, he was not a veteran of Operation Neptune. 

To be honest, I don't know the requirements to be included as a veteran of a specific military campaign. Perhaps someone else can advise.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Great to have you on Team Walz.

Again, why do you have to lie? Given his record and positions as Govenor, I would not vote for Walz if he were a medal of honor recipient. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

To be honest, I don't know the requirements to be included as a veteran of a specific military campaign. Perhaps someone else can advise.

It has already been posted numerous times, but you don't care, he's a leftist and that's what you want. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

It has already been posted numerous times, but you don't care, he's a leftist and that's what you want. Nothing wrong with that. 

The odds are he will be the next VP, so you will have a long time to complain about Walz.

You can see the way the polls are shifting, and Trump is too feeble to do anything to counter the direction of the campaign.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The odds are he will be the next VP, so you will have a long time to complain about Walz.

You can see the way the polls are shifting, and Trump is too feeble to do anything to counter the direction of the campaign.

If the Republicans don't react in the next two weeks and dump him they are doomed.

But who has the 'necessary' to move against him...? No one.....so they will end up throwing away the election as they are too scared of him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

If the Republicans don't react in the next two weeks and dump him they are doomed.

But who has the 'necessary' to move against him...? No one.....so they will end up throwing away the election as they are too scared of him.

In all fairness, Kamala is running a "blank slate" candidacy, but her record could well catch up with her. 

No one really knows Walz either, but he has a record as Govenor that most people will not like if it ever comes out. 

In the '88 election, Bush vs Dukakis, Bush made up a 16-point deficit against Dukakis in the last month to win. 

Reagan was down 8-points against Carter the week before the election and won. 

Trump vs Hillary. 

Biden vs Trump. 

Walz is a popular governor, but in an extremely progressive state. That helps in blue states, not some much in swing states. 

The difficulty foe Trump is going to be getting enough of Harris & Walz' records and statements in the press left-wing press. 

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

In all fairness, Kamala is running a "blank slate" candidacy, but her record could well catch up with her. 

No one really knows Walz either, but he has a record as Govenor that most people will not like if it ever comes out. 

In the '88 election, Bush vs Dukakis, Bush made up a 16-point deficit against Dukakis in the last month to win. 

Reagan was down 8-points against Carter the week before the election and won. 

Trump vs Hillary. 

Biden vs Trump. 

Walz is a popular governor, but in an extremely progressive state. That helps in blue states, not some much in swing states. 

The difficulty foe Trump is going to be getting enough of Harris & Walz' records and statements in the press left-wing press. 

'Reports suggest' the only viable candidate to replace Trump is DeSantis ......that would be frying pan/fire.....there must be other/better candidates???

37 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

My dad was in the service and a mechanic Guam supporting the D-day invasion

You do know that WW II had two theaters of action. One in the Pacific and one in Europe. If he was on Guam he was doing his patriotic duty in the Pacific, but he sure as heck was not supporting the D Day invasion that occurred on the beaches of France. 

Edited by marin
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Your argument is that a candidate for Congress could run, even while deployed overseas.

Are you drunk?

You are, and not for the first time. He could run and his wife or whoever could campaign for him. He could not campaign in uniform. If elected, he'd evidently have to resign from the military to serve in office. That said, "Ohio Congressman Brad Wenstrup, was deployed. He was a doctor before deploying, and that's what he did during his deployment. He pretty much had staffers run things for him."

A precedent for you:

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/Senator_Killed_In_Battle.htm#:~:text=He was also the only,close friend of Abraham Lincoln

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, marin said:

You do know that WW II had two theaters of action. One in the Pacific and one in Europe. If he was on Guam he was doing his patriotic duty in the Pacific, but he sure as heck was not supporting the D Day invasion that occurred on the beaches of France. 

Did you know that D-day is a generic term for an invasion or important military operation.  The pacific theater had multiple D-day events.  

https://www.army.mil/e2/downloads/rv7/d-day/the-meaning-of-dday-fact.pdf