Ex-Move Forward MPs to appoint executive committee of a new party

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Asked about a report that some party members may be reluctant to sit on the executive committee, out of concerns that they be debarred from contesting elections if the new party is also dissolved by the Constitutional Court, she admitted that some may be worried,

If they think like that then they are not committed to change or should be in any democratic forward thinking party....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

you serious - this is the most seriously ## up afront to the thai people - democracy is dead in Thailand - it is a joke and really embarrassing - 14m people voted for MFP

Unfortunately that's all they did, when it was taken away from them they should have all marched to Bangkok... but they didn't.

They roll-over and allow the elites to shaft them every time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think that the thai electorate wants change .

They see that freedom of expression and democratic liberties are taken away from them by the always same people who hide away from publicity .

Most probably , if the new party formed by ex-MFP , wins the next elections ... it will be followed by another coup ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

14 years ago ( so in relatively recent memory) the Thai military opened fire on civilian protestors. 85 were killed, including, at Wat Phatunam Temple, wounded were being treated, and a clearly identifiable nurse who was treating the wounded. That particularly egregious massacre, obviously well planned, involved troops using the vantage point of the adjacent sky train tracks to fire into the Temple, which had previously been declared a "sanctuary".

That, particularly the Wat Phatunam massacre, was a message sent by the "elites", a message sent telling the Thai people that they would kill, ruthlessly and without consequences, to ensure their political hegemony. 

The Thammasat University Massacre of 1976 sent the same message - and suppressed popular opposition for 25 years or so. The 2010 massacres reinforced that message, and have resonated throughout the politics of the last 14 years. What is more, everyone knows that the two military men who were behind that episode, and who subsequently toppled the elected Government of Yingluck Shinewatra, are still, effectively in power.

Now many of us would like to see genuine popular reform, including an actual elected government, in power; but several of us I know also have children who are students. My daughter is a first year student. Whilst not politically active she has strong views, and I don't want her facing the guns of these corrupt bastards. 

They will eventually over reach themselves and fall. It is happening to the north, my hope is that here it is not as bloody.

There is much that can be done, not least in pressure, consistently and loudly, applied by democratic foreign governments, which would expose the sham that it is a "specifically Thai form of democracy"!

Personally I had some hopes of Srettha Tavisin. I was being foolishly optimistic. He is just a puppet.

Well said.

• Agree 2

They'd be better off building a clandestine group used to find like-minded individuals, especially in the upper military and RTP ranks, that would support them in their fight against the Elite, Royalist, and Junta powers. Because there is no way they are ever going to be allowed to run the country the way they are approaching it, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

• Agree 2

Herein lies the problem. Apart from a few enlightened Uni' students & a few party members themselves the rest of the Thai voters just seem to roll over & accept the status quo.

I wish them well but fear will be another wasted effort as their cause is just squashed again, under tanks wheels if need be, sad day for Thailand