Teen severs soldier’s arm in brutal sword attack in Udon Thani

webfact

resize_soldier-attack.webp

A young soldier‘s dream of climbing the military ranks was shattered when he returned home for a visit and was attacked by a 15 year old with a sword, severing his arm. The incident occurred near a school in Udon Thani.

Police Colonel Chakkapad Wichitwaithaya from Nam Som Police Station in Udon Thani provided an update on the case. He reported that a 15 year old boy admitted to attacking the soldier with a sword, claiming he acted alone. The attack happened late at night, and the soldier, who had returned home on leave, was riding his motorbike when he was ambushed.

The boy confessed during police questioning, attended by eight other teenagers aged 14 to 16 years old and their parents. He revealed that he harboured resentment towards the soldier, who had previously revved his motorcycle aggressively and challenged his friend to a fight.

The boy and his friends had been drinking kratom tea when they saw the soldier passing by. He seized the opportunity, grabbed a prepared sword, and struck the soldier’s arm once, severing it.

“I deeply regret my actions and wish to apologise to the soldier’s family,” the boy said, expressing remorse. The police will involve a multidisciplinary team for further investigation before proceeding with legal action.

On the same day, Janthieng, the 49 year old soldier’s mother, spoke about her son’s ambitions and the impact of the incident. Her son had enlisted in the military to become an army officer and was stationed at a military camp in Udon Thani. He had taken leave to visit his family when the attack occurred, reported KhaoSod.

Sword attack

The mother recounted her son’s experience.

“On his way back home, a group of five teenagers ambushed him and severed his left arm at the wrist. Despite the injury, he managed to ride his motorcycle home to me. I was shocked and immediately called an ambulance to take him to Nam Som Hospital.

“I then rushed to retrieve his severed hand from the scene and brought it to the hospital for reattachment. Although the doctors performed surgery to reattach his arm, his condition remains critical in the ICU due to severe blood loss.

“The actions of these teenagers went too far. I want the police to pursue this case to the fullest extent, even though they are minors. As a mother, my heart breaks, and I am devastated that my son’s dreams are now in jeopardy. I will ensure that justice is served.”

by Bright Choomanee
Picture courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 2024-08-14

-  Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 11

1 hour ago, hellohello123 said:

Guy revs bike aggressively and challenges to a fight

Kid gets angry and drunk, cuts guys arm off

Thats some serious anger,

What a waste of 2 lives

This one left his penis alone at least                         :stoner:

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The real problem here is what will happen as far as punishment. Seems a teen can do whatever they want here and the punishment is never harsh because of their age. This shows the rest of the teen population that you can pretty much get away with anything and all you'll get is a reprimand and maybe a small fine, while the victim's life can be changed forever, or lost. Swords, machetes and knives are used daily here to hurt and kill. What is the thinking where you can carry these weapons all over the country and nothing's done? I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, no one ever taught me respect for human life, my dad's never around, my dad was never around, my mom's working in Pattaya, and grandma is too busy on the farm to show me what life means, etc etc etc. Another reason not to raise my daughter here.

On 8/15/2024 at 7:15 AM, fredwiggy said:

Seems a teen can do whatever they want here and the punishment is never harsh because of their age.

How do you know what the punishment will be?
Sentences in Thailand are quite severe and jail conditions are harsh.

On 8/15/2024 at 7:15 AM, fredwiggy said:

Another reason not to raise my daughter here.

Don’t take her to the USA, high chance she will be shot at school.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/16/2024 at 2:03 PM, MalcolmB said:

How do you know what the punishment will be?
Sentences in Thailand are quite severe and jail conditions are harsh.

Don’t take her to the USA, high chance she will be shot at school.

For drug charges yes, but many get away with a lot of things here with an apology and a small fine. Those under aged in the US can be tried as adults, and they will always be punished, unlike here. If you kept up on local news here, there was an ex policeman that killed 23 small children in a school here, along with a few adults, his own kid and himself. I've raised 5 children back in the US and none of their schools ever had any gun violence. Of course it happens, because the precautions they need cost money and they haven't been pressured enough to install them, but they will. Here, the violence will continue for a century basically because no one really cares much about it, and those that do are too few to change things.

Edited by fredwiggy