Thailand aims to make its mark as a global finance hub

3 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Global insurance hub ? The joke of the day. Just try as a foreigner to get a decent home insurance and you will see the absurd proposals.

axa insurance and other so called international companies wont insure a home made of wood... funny innit... same international companies fully insure houses that have a wooden structure, wooden floors, plywood roofs... 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand is aiming to position itself as an international finance hub, with plans to enhance five key sectors: banking, insurance, securities, digital assets, and derivatives. This development comes more than two decades after the 1997 Asian financial crisis, with Thailand looking to strengthen its financial infrastructure and elevate its global standing

Considering Thailands unstable political climate I can't think of anyone withe the motivation to do business with Thailand, except one country slightly north of here.

• Agree 2

Financial hub?  With a massive corruption pandemic across Thailand; a convicted international drug dealer in government; and more marfia groups and families than you can count on your fingers?

• Agree 2

“Thailand aims to make its mark as a global finance hub”

I’m sure it already is, in certain circles. I would bet my last dollar that Thailand is a haven for criminals who want to launder their dirty money. And where does all the money go that is made through corruption in Thailand? We’re talking billions and billions here. Dollars, not baht.

4 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

If I had 5 baht every time they announced "Thailand to become the hub of <blah blah blah>" I could afford to live in another country.

I think a lot of it is announcing something to gain face. Afterwards, nobody cares about making it actually happen because face has already been gained.